Author Topic: Cavs fan here. It's payback time, Boston. We've been waiting 5 years for this...  (Read 80111 times)

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
This guy must have know what he was walking into.

What a nitwit

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Growing up, they called it the Mistake on the Lake, and I am from Ohio.   It is better now, but it is not on par with Boston by any means.

Offline 4THQTR

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 61
For those of you who doubt my message board credentials, please allow me to share with you my posting resume.

1997-1999: Ultima Online Message Boards. I was the first poster to have over 2,000 posts in a single day, as well as ranking number one overall with 417,826 posts. I was banned in early 1999 after sleeping with the moderators wife.

1999-2009: Indians.com Message Boards. I was the most well liked and respected poster. I once dated 6 different women in the Cleveland area at once, from the site. I held a daily post during the season called Kevin Dasd's predicts. I would predict the EXACT score of the Indians game at an alarming 78.9%.

2003-2007: World of Warcraft Message Boards: I once started a thread that had a North American message board record of 1,987,384 replies. The moderators were asked by Blizzard entertainment to delete the thread to save bandwidth. I demanded an apology and when it never came I retired from their forums.

2003-2005: Cavs.com Message boards. Cavs.com is the most over moderated board I have ever been a part of. A poster with my sense of flare and style was not long. I got banned in 2005 when I demand the Cavaliers not re-sign Zydrunas Ilgauskas--calling him a Lithuanian Oaf.

Since 2009 I have kept a low profile. Living the life of a Message Board Legend may seem glamorous, but it can take it's toll. I couldn't even go to the grocery store without getting hounded by fans.

Now that Cleveland is about to win it's first ring since 1964, I felt it necessary to make my return.

-Dasd

This may be the most awkwardly hilarious post I have ever read on this board.
TP to the OP. You sir are a true comedian with a unique sense of humor!

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
I've never laughed so hard at a thread. Thank you OP.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

Offline P stoff

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 31
Yep..that last "qualification" post pretty much explains alot.   Yikes... cue the theme song from Twighlight Zone

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
I actually lived in the Cleveland area for years.  I quite liked it!  Yes it is midwestern some people say there isn't much to do but I liked it.  The people were very friendly and nice in general.  I liked the sports there.  The Indians were awesome when I was there (Manny was just starting when I moved there, for reference) and I even got to see up until LeBron.  Watching him all the time on TV there made me a big fan.

Still am of Cleveland.  Rooting for them besides in this series.  Would love to see the Browns not be a disaster.  They drafted Couch and Courtney Brown when I lived there.  :P

Sorry I'm not more bitter.

I've never laughed so hard at a thread. Thank you OP.

Exactly.  Sometimes when you mean so much to someone else it feels rewarding though.

It's like how Pierce must feel about the Raptors right now.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2015, 09:34:15 PM by Snakehead »
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Still am of Cleveland.  Rooting for them besides in this series.  Would love to see the Browns not be a disaster.  They drafted Couch and Courtney Brown when I lived there.  :P

CLE has dedicated fans, and they love their teams and stick by them through years of losing.   That being said, the guy in this thread is a joke.   But he is pretty popular here as well, just not for the reasons he thinks he is popular, respect is not one of them hint!  But Lord is he funny!

I think Ray Farmer has to go before the Browns improve.   His picks last year were bad and I have little or no confidence in him this year.  Lots or people said he would not be a poor GM and so far they have been right.   I like their new coach, he is old school.

Offline Sixth Man

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 82
Good evening Boston. My name is Kevin Dasd. I am Northeast Ohio's most well liked and respected sports fan. Now that the introductions are over, let's get onto business...

Boston, let's get one thing straight right now. Cleveland hates you. We view you as a spoiled sports city, that doesn't deserve half of the great things that have come your way. And now, I am pleased to announce that it's payback time.

We all remember the scene in 2010. Lebron walking off the court in Boston and yanking off his Cavaliers jersey--tossing it in the laundry bin just inside the tunnel. That was a very rough day for Cleveland sports fans. We just lost to a city that we despise and we all pretty much knew that Lebron was going. Oh how things have come full circle.

I didn't plan on registering here, but these threads make me sick. Do you people think you're really going to take us 6 games? Heck, some of you arrogant Bostonians actually think you can win this series. These games aren't even going to be close. This is Cleveland's time to shine. We have the best Big Three in the modern era and if any of these games are within 15 points, I'll be shocked.

And finally, I want you all to remember one thing. Even after we smash you in this series, Cleveland will still hate you!

-Dasd

Five years?   More like 45 years, isn't it?!   ;)

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448

CLE has dedicated fans, and they love their teams and stick by them through years of losing.   That being said, the guy in this thread is a joke.   But he is pretty popular here as well, just not for the reasons he thinks he is popular, respect is not one of them hint!  But Lord is he funny!

I think Ray Farmer has to go before the Browns improve.   His picks last year were bad and I have little or no confidence in him this year.  Lots or people said he would not be a poor GM and so far they have been right.   I like their new coach, he is old school.

Yeah exactly.  I really liked the fans there in general it was fun to follow the teams.

And his follow up posts are better than the first.  He is great on messageboards I have to say.  Thanks for coming back man!  We are humbled.

I don't believe in anything the Browns front office does still so nothing has really changed from when I was there.  I feel for Browns fans.  I hope the coach is a good one can't say I'm familiar with him.

I am a Colts fan though so I have to say they did a good job on the Trent Richardson trade though  :P
« Last Edit: April 18, 2015, 09:49:01 PM by Snakehead »
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji
For those of you who doubt my message board credentials, please allow me to share with you my posting resume.

1997-1999: Ultima Online Message Boards. I was the first poster to have over 2,000 posts in a single day, as well as ranking number one overall with 417,826 posts. I was banned in early 1999 after sleeping with the moderators wife.

1999-2009: Indians.com Message Boards. I was the most well liked and respected poster. I once dated 6 different women in the Cleveland area at once, from the site. I held a daily post during the season called Kevin Dasd's predicts. I would predict the EXACT score of the Indians game at an alarming 78.9%.

2003-2007: World of Warcraft Message Boards: I once started a thread that had a North American message board record of 1,987,384 replies. The moderators were asked by Blizzard entertainment to delete the thread to save bandwidth. I demanded an apology and when it never came I retired from their forums.

2003-2005: Cavs.com Message boards. Cavs.com is the most over moderated board I have ever been a part of. A poster with my sense of flare and style was not long. I got banned in 2005 when I demand the Cavaliers not re-sign Zydrunas Ilgauskas--calling him a Lithuanian Oaf.

Since 2009 I have kept a low profile. Living the life of a Message Board Legend may seem glamorous, but it can take it's toll. I couldn't even go to a club or bar without getting hounded by fans.

Now that Cleveland is about to win it's first ring since 1964, I felt I necessary to make my return.

-Dasd

lol just watched that guy yesterday on the history channel. He's pretty out there with his alien conspiracies.

That guy makes the show.  His hair makes him look look like an Aztec god, lol. ;D
« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 12:41:39 AM by Beat LA »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
Why can't it be an hour already? I want to give more TPs haha!
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji
As a NBA League Pass subscriber, I enjoy tuning into the opposing teams broadcast to see what is being said about my Cavaliers...

This Tommy guy needs to learn some respect when speaking about The King. He has disrespected Lebron on more than one occasion and it better not happen again.

You people in Boston are just upset that the best SF of all time resides in Cleveland. Move aside Larry.

-Dasd

Yeah, who is that guy, anyway (sarcasm)? ;D Outstanding.  Bravo, sir, bravo. 

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji
As a NBA League Pass subscriber, I enjoy tuning into the opposing teams broadcast to see what is being said about my Cavaliers...

This Tommy guy needs to learn some respect when speaking about The King. He has disrespected Lebron on more than one occasion and it better not happen again.

You people in Boston are just upset that the best SF of all time resides in Cleveland. Move aside Larry.

-Dasd

'It better not happen again'?  What are you going to do?  Send him a mean tweet?

He should really try that, because, you know, Tommy is sooo into tweeting (sarcasm), lol. ;D

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji
This thread STILL going LOL..

Here Kev have ANOTHER TP ;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4Jsh0S9Qoo

TP for finding this clip.  I always loved how they turned Tommy into a Rat Race-style caricature, lol. ;D