Author Topic: Cavs fan here. It's payback time, Boston. We've been waiting 5 years for this...  (Read 80287 times)

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
For those of you who doubt my message board credentials, please allow me to share with you my posting resume.

1997-1999: Ultima Online Message Boards. I was the first poster to have over 2,000 posts in a single day, as well as ranking number one overall with 417,826 posts. I was banned in early 1999 after sleeping with the moderators wife.

1999-2009: Indians.com Message Boards. I was the most well liked and respected poster. I once dated 6 different women in the Cleveland area at once, from the site. I held a daily post during the season called Kevin Dasd's predicts. I would predict the EXACT score of the Indians game at an alarming 78.9%.

2003-2007: World of Warcraft Message Boards: I once started a thread that had a North American message board record of 1,987,384 replies. The moderators were asked by Blizzard entertainment to delete the thread to save bandwidth. I demanded an apology and when it never came I retired from their forums.

2003-2005: Cavs.com Message boards. Cavs.com is the most over moderated board I have ever been a part of. A poster with my sense of flare and style was not long. I got banned in 2005 when I demand the Cavaliers not re-sign Zydrunas Ilgauskas--calling him a Lithuanian Oaf.

Since 2009 I have kept a low profile. Living the life of a Message Board Legend may seem glamorous, but it can take it's toll. I couldn't even go to the grocery store without getting hounded by fans.

Now that Cleveland is about to win it's first ring since 1964, I felt it necessary to make my return.

-Dasd

But do you know CROTOR?

That is the only way you can earn the respect you want.

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

mods, btw, you have to hook us up with the reveal before the fedora vanishes. How many burners have been registered this week just to tommy-point our new friend?

I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest most of those TPs were delivered en masse by a moderator, whose name may or may not rhyme with "Toy Tobbs".

Offline sahara

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 84
Thank you OHIOINTERNETSPORTSGOD for gracing us lowly fans of the most succesful basketball team in the history of the NBA. I appreciate it. I really do. Thank you.

Cleveland gave me this group and this is the only thing I sincerely thank your city without sarcasm.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVW5oe7-5hc

Offline jonaslopes

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 31
Thank you OHIOINTERNETSPORTSGOD for gracing us lowly fans of the most succesful basketball team in the history of the NBA. I appreciate it. I really do. Thank you.

Cleveland gave me this group and this is the only thing I sincerely thank your city without sarcasm.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVW5oe7-5hc

Let's be civilized here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PQT5IK8mwA
It's nice seeing him get exposed as overrated after having argued with fellow fans for years that he was overrated.. but I don't hate him. I'm looking forward to seeing him [...] bounce around to a couple more teams... eventually come back to Boston[...] and helps us as a role player until he runs himself out of the league.
LarBrd33 on Rondo

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
Is it possible...could we have...I mean looking at the numbers...

Is it possible....this...is....the...

.... :o original troll?!!?!??

Offline sahara

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 84

Let's be civilized here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PQT5IK8mwA

IŽll listen to this on my morning run, come monday :)

(My sister actually went to Cleveland as an exchange student in the early nineties and she had nothing bad to say about the city.. Well, she had nothing good to say about it either)

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478
Good evening Boston. My name is Kevin Dasd. I am Northeast Ohio's most well liked and respected sports fan. Now that the introductions are over, let's get onto business...

Boston, let's get one thing straight right now. Cleveland hates you. We view you as a spoiled sports city, that doesn't deserve half of the great things that have come your way. And now, I am pleased to announce that it's payback time.

We all remember the scene in 2010. Lebron walking off the court in Boston and yanking off his Cavaliers jersey--tossing it in the laundry bin just inside the tunnel. That was a very rough day for Cleveland sports fans. We just lost to a city that we despise and we all pretty much knew that Lebron was going. Oh how things have come full circle.

I didn't plan on registering here, but these threads make me sick. Do you people think you're really going to take us 6 games? Heck, some of you arrogant Bostonians actually think you can win this series. These games aren't even going to be close. This is Cleveland's time to shine. We have the best Big Three in the modern era and if any of these games are within 15 points, I'll be shocked.

And finally, I want you all to remember one thing. Even after we smash you in this series, Cleveland will still hate you!

-Dasd
Kevin.  It's fine.   Just know that on June 10th, 2010 (a month before "The Decision"), I visited Cleveland for a business trip.  Good lord was it boring.  I asked about a dozen locals what there was to do in that city and 100% of them gave me the exact same answer.  "Well uh...  The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame... and uh... I think the Indians are in town?"...   

The weather was great that week. 

I visited your one exhibit.

The city was surprisingly clean and business casual, but it was like walking through a ghost town.  I've never walked around a city that had no cars on the streets.  It was eerie.

I eventually found your night life... which apparently is relegated to a single alleyway of maybe 2-3 bars?    Really, it was like visiting a tiny suburb with tall buildings. 

Three boring days later, I was absolutely unequivocally convinced that LeBron was leaving.  There is literally nothing to do there. 

I was so convinced of his impending departure, that I went in front of Quicken Loans Arena and took this photo of myself giggling at your inevitable depression:

Look at those bored, unassuming Clevelanders behind me... completely unaware that a mere month from then, LeBron was going to rip out the city's collective heart and take a giant dump on it.   Lol.  I was looking forward to it.  I was sick of hearing your fans bellyache and wha-wha in our various matchups.  It was always a joy beating you guys. 

Here's the caption I included when I posted the picture on Facebook (a month before "The Decision"):

Fwiw, I was rooting for LeBron in Miami.  I was fully supportive of his decision.  You guys didn't deserve him.  It was great to watch him win a couple well-deserved championships for a city that appreciated him.   One of the greatest players ever.   

I mean look how happy he was:

The pride of Miami, baby.

It's good for you that his latest long-term marketing ploy aligned so well with your own hopes and dreams.  LeBron back in Cleveland is a nice story.   I fully expect the Cavs to eat us alive in this series.  I'm at peace with it.  We aren't even supposed to be in the playoffs this year.   But, as a Cavs fan, are you fully prepared for the crippling humiliation, anger, depression and despair you would feel in the 0.1% chance this scrappy Celtic team pulls off an upset?   

You can hate Boston all you want, but here's hoping God still hates Cleveland.  :)

TP

this honestly is the best (and most accurate) burn i've seen in a long, long time.

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478
Apparently this guy has been flaming other teams websites going back to 2007.

This guy is so sad, his own message board members apologize for his behavior. Lol

http://www.forums.mlb.com/discussions/Cleveland_Indians/General/The_Kevin_Dasd_watch/ml-indians/32396.35?nav=messages

the great thing about that link is that the indians absolutely collapsed in that 2007 ALCS, choking away a 3-1 series lead, getting blown out in 3 straight games. the sox won the series and later the championship. it was wonderful.

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
Guys, go easy on the OP. He had it bad enough. Not only does he have no titles, he has to live in the Cleveland area.

As Carmelo told LeBron when he attempted to recruit him: I don't even leave the hotel room when I'm in Cleveland.

Offline Rakulp

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 78
Best thread E V E R!!!

Have another TP...you can never have enough!

Rak

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Good evening Boston. My name is Kevin Dasd. I am Northeast Ohio's most well liked and respected sports fan. Now that the introductions are over, let's get onto business...

Boston, let's get one thing straight right now. Cleveland hates you. We view you as a spoiled sports city, that doesn't deserve half of the great things that have come your way. And now, I am pleased to announce that it's payback time.

We all remember the scene in 2010. Lebron walking off the court in Boston and yanking off his Cavaliers jersey--tossing it in the laundry bin just inside the tunnel. That was a very rough day for Cleveland sports fans. We just lost to a city that we despise and we all pretty much knew that Lebron was going. Oh how things have come full circle.

I didn't plan on registering here, but these threads make me sick. Do you people think you're really going to take us 6 games? Heck, some of you arrogant Bostonians actually think you can win this series. These games aren't even going to be close. This is Cleveland's time to shine. We have the best Big Three in the modern era and if any of these games are within 15 points, I'll be shocked.

And finally, I want you all to remember one thing. Even after we smash you in this series, Cleveland will still hate you!

-Dasd
Best trolling ever

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman

-Dasd
Somebody needs to give this guy like an Oscar or a Nobel Prize for best sports trash talk thread

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman

-Dasd
Cleveland? Never heard of it...oh wait. Yes I have. You are entry #1 in my "pity" definition. I just want to ask you completely seriously. How on Earth do you live in a place with no championships since I guess Otto Graham or something when there was no salary cap and the league was a third as big? How do you do it? You hardly even get to a finals let alone win one. How? I just cannot even imagine going more than like two years without at least one of my 4 teams at least going to a finals, and probably winning it.

Offline flybono

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48
I would like to add one more thing...

You're not getting Kevin Love.

Your not either !

Far as Scoring, Love can't hold IThomas's Jock!

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
Dam. I missed the party.

Some good reading here...