Author Topic: Cavs fan here. It's payback time, Boston. We've been waiting 5 years for this...  (Read 80333 times)

Offline jonaslopes

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 31
Son, I promise I'll discuss basketball with you when your team wins 17 championships. Good luck. Don't forget to come back soon after your banner #17.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/CLE/hof.html

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/BOS/hof.html
It's nice seeing him get exposed as overrated after having argued with fellow fans for years that he was overrated.. but I don't hate him. I'm looking forward to seeing him [...] bounce around to a couple more teams... eventually come back to Boston[...] and helps us as a role player until he runs himself out of the league.
LarBrd33 on Rondo

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Good evening Boston. My name is Kevin Dasd. I am Northeast Ohio's most well liked and respected sports fan. Now that the introductions are over, let's get onto business...

Boston, let's get one thing straight right now. Cleveland hates you. We view you as a spoiled sports city, that doesn't deserve half of the great things that have come your way. And now, I am pleased to announce that it's payback time.

We all remember the scene in 2010. Lebron walking off the court in Boston and yanking off his Cavaliers jersey--tossing it in the laundry bin just inside the tunnel. That was a very rough day for Cleveland sports fans. We just lost to a city that we despise and we all pretty much knew that Lebron was going. Oh how things have come full circle.

I didn't plan on registering here, but these threads make me sick. Do you people think you're really going to take us 6 games? Heck, some of you arrogant Bostonians actually think you can win this series. These games aren't even going to be close. This is Cleveland's time to shine. We have the best Big Three in the modern era and if any of these games are within 15 points, I'll be shocked.

And finally, I want you all to remember one thing. Even after we smash you in this series, Cleveland will still hate you!

-Dasd
Kevin.  It's fine.   Just know that on June 10th, 2010 (a month before "The Decision"), I visited Cleveland for a business trip.  Good lord was it boring.  I asked about a dozen locals what there was to do in that city and 100% of them gave me the exact same answer.  "Well uh...  The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame... and uh... I think the Indians are in town?"...   

The weather was great that week. 

I visited your one exhibit.

The city was surprisingly clean and business casual, but it was like walking through a ghost town.  I've never walked around a city that had no cars on the streets.  It was eerie.

I eventually found your night life... which apparently is relegated to a single alleyway of maybe 2-3 bars?    Really, it was like visiting a tiny suburb with tall buildings. 

Three boring days later, I was absolutely unequivocally convinced that LeBron was leaving.  There is literally nothing to do there. 

I was so convinced of his impending departure, that I went in front of Quicken Loans Arena and took this photo of myself giggling at your inevitable depression:

Look at those bored, unassuming Clevelanders behind me... completely unaware that a mere month from then, LeBron was going to rip out the city's collective heart and take a giant dump on it.   Lol.  I was looking forward to it.  I was sick of hearing your fans bellyache and wha-wha in our various matchups.  It was always a joy beating you guys. 

Here's the caption I included when I posted the picture on Facebook (a month before "The Decision"):

Fwiw, I was rooting for LeBron in Miami.  I was fully supportive of his decision.  You guys didn't deserve him.  It was great to watch him win a couple well-deserved championships for a city that appreciated him.   One of the greatest players ever.   

I mean look how happy he was:

The pride of Miami, baby.

It's good for you that his latest long-term marketing ploy aligned so well with your own hopes and dreams.  LeBron back in Cleveland is a nice story.   I fully expect the Cavs to eat us alive in this series.  I'm at peace with it.  We aren't even supposed to be in the playoffs this year.   But, as a Cavs fan, are you fully prepared for the crippling humiliation, anger, depression and despair you would feel in the 0.1% chance this scrappy Celtic team pulls off an upset?   

You can hate Boston all you want, but here's hoping God still hates Cleveland.  :)
Oh one last thing, Kevin.  Enjoy your 2 month window.   It'll be interesting to see how you feel post-HGH testing when Kevin Love and the Celtics are facing off against Andrew Wiggins and the Timberwolves in the Finals for the next decade. 

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Good evening Boston. My name is Kevin Dasd. I am Northeast Ohio's most well liked and respected sports fan. Now that the introductions are over, let's get onto business...

Boston, let's get one thing straight right now. Cleveland hates you. We view you as a spoiled sports city, that doesn't deserve half of the great things that have come your way. And now, I am pleased to announce that it's payback time.

We all remember the scene in 2010. Lebron walking off the court in Boston and yanking off his Cavaliers jersey--tossing it in the laundry bin just inside the tunnel. That was a very rough day for Cleveland sports fans. We just lost to a city that we despise and we all pretty much knew that Lebron was going. Oh how things have come full circle.

I didn't plan on registering here, but these threads make me sick. Do you people think you're really going to take us 6 games? Heck, some of you arrogant Bostonians actually think you can win this series. These games aren't even going to be close. This is Cleveland's time to shine. We have the best Big Three in the modern era and if any of these games are within 15 points, I'll be shocked.

And finally, I want you all to remember one thing. Even after we smash you in this series, Cleveland will still hate you!

-Dasd
Kevin.  It's fine.   Just know that on June 10th, 2010 (a month before "The Decision"), I visited Cleveland for a business trip.  Good lord was it boring.  I asked about a dozen locals what there was to do in that city and 100% of them gave me the exact same answer.  "Well uh...  The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame... and uh... I think the Indians are in town?"...   

The weather was great that week. 

I visited your one exhibit.

The city was surprisingly clean and business casual, but it was like walking through a ghost town.  I've never walked around a city that had no cars on the streets.  It was eerie.

I eventually found your night life... which apparently is relegated to a single alleyway of maybe 2-3 bars?    Really, it was like visiting a tiny suburb with tall buildings. 

Three boring days later, I was absolutely unequivocally convinced that LeBron was leaving.  There is literally nothing to do there. 

I was so convinced of his impending departure, that I went in front of Quicken Loans Arena and took this photo of myself giggling at your inevitable depression:

Look at those bored, unassuming Clevelanders behind me... completely unaware that a mere month from then, LeBron was going to rip out the city's collective heart and take a giant dump on it.   Lol.  I was looking forward to it.  I was sick of hearing your fans bellyache and wha-wha in our various matchups.  It was always a joy beating you guys. 

Here's the caption I included when I posted the picture on Facebook (a month before "The Decision"):

Fwiw, I was rooting for LeBron in Miami.  I was fully supportive of his decision.  You guys didn't deserve him.  It was great to watch him win a couple well-deserved championships for a city that appreciated him.   One of the greatest players ever.   

I mean look how happy he was:

The pride of Miami, baby.

It's good for you that his latest long-term marketing ploy aligned so well with your own hopes and dreams.  LeBron back in Cleveland is a nice story.   I fully expect the Cavs to eat us alive in this series.  I'm at peace with it.  We aren't even supposed to be in the playoffs this year.   But, as a Cavs fan, are you fully prepared for the crippling humiliation, anger, depression and despair you would feel in the 0.1% chance this scrappy Celtic team pulls off an upset?   

You can hate Boston all you want, but here's hoping God still hates Cleveland.  :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AN0WqSeCKW8

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
This thread is awesome. Thanks OP!

Over the season posters disagree so much and basically form alliances (the tankers etc) you often forget we all are pulling for the same team! Great to see both the tankers and non tankers tell this guy Coming together in defense of the C's and Boston aka titletown.

If the cavs sweep us I'll probably just watch the malcom butler pick in the Super Bowl or maybe some Larry bird highlights or even some lakers C's 08 finals highlights. You know actually ill just watch the Brady 6 again.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

Offline MasterEmile

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 46
I can only imagine Clevland fans when they lose the championship again this season.
A lot of you guys might even consider suicide.
Of course suicide is a religious crime that will get you punished in hell, so you'll wind up back in Clevland.  :)

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
"To tell the truth, I'm not excited to go to Cleveland, but we have to. If I ever saw myself saying I'm excited going to Cleveland, I'd punch myself in the face, because I'm lying."

- Ichiro Suzuki

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 215
Is this how you people treat newcomers?

I come here with a friendly hello, wishing you luck in the series, and you proceed to flame my beautiful city and give me these Tommy Point things.

This is why people view Boston sports fans as arrogant.

Sigh..
You really needed to bring your stupid vengeful hate over to our blog? Try to be a better person dude.

Offline cometboy

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 14

To let you know that Cleveland is better than you.

There are a select few cities that Clevelanders can say that about.  Perhaps Detroit.  Maybe Camden or Newark, NJ.  Boston, though, not so much.  8)

whoa...Roy, what's up dude?...I'm from Newark.

LOL

Oh, yeah, BTW, TP for the OP, someday you'll need these TPs...trust me, dude

CB

Offline TA9

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 118
  • I Bleed Green
You will gain absolutely nothing by beating the current Celtics team, and I sincerely hope that Karma will strike and result in an early exit for the Cavaliers. You guys don't deserve the championship :D

Now have a good day and welcome to the blog ;) Have a TP as well!
Jack of all trades, master of none.

Offline The_Truth

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 28

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Don't be too hard on the guy. Many of us are/were from Boston and he is from Cleveland. Nobody in the world would say that he is the lucky one - neither based on championships, nor physical proximity. My brother-in-law is from Cleveland and a huge sports fan, but my sister just had to point her kids toward Boston sports history and it wasn't even close as to who they root for.

On another note, funny to see an actual picture of LarBrd33 - way to put yourself out there, buddy! Perhaps there should be a thread where everybody posts a picture of themselves - that could totally change the dynamic of CB.

Offline Hawkeye199

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 131

-Dasd

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYxQYm3AnIk

I don't know about you but I am ready for a repeat
zach lavine-jeremy lin-tyus jones
jeremy lamb-tyshen prince-Andre miller
will barton- beljina-
Kevin love-kevin garnet-payne
Karl anthoney Towns-JJ hickson

Offline cometboy

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 14
Perhaps there should be a thread where everybody posts a picture of themselves - that could totally change the dynamic of CB.

yeah....I don't think so

CB

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Hey Kevin, First off TP for having the balls to come onto this blog and talk trash.

You seem surprised that people are coming after you after you started this thread, what did you expect to happen?

The two seed with the best player in the world really shouldn't be taking pride in beating a sub .500 7 seed. That's the difference between Cleveland and Boston, in Boston we concern ourselves with titles not beating a team we are favored to sweep.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Welp, you came here to troll, and apparently you succeeded.

Congrats.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain