Author Topic: Giving out hard fouls on the Cavs  (Read 2564 times)

Giving out hard fouls on the Cavs
« on: April 17, 2015, 06:29:44 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
Kevin Love = Bad back
Kyrie Irving = bad hip

We need to drive the lane and get Mozgov out of the game (they have no other rim protectors) like other posters have mentioned

We also need to take hard fouls on Love and Irving any time we can . Love has been struggling with his back, and Irving with his hip . When Sully is in there he should be going hard at both end at him, he has the bulk to knock Love around , crowder too when he is playing PF .

If you can get Love and Mozgov out of the game due to injury/foul trouble, it will obviously benefit the C's .

Then we can focus on playing great perimeter D against Irving and Lebron , and not have to worry so much about their fornt court .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0sl0F4mGeA
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 06:43:55 PM by rondohondo »

Re: Giving out hard fouls on the Cavs
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2015, 08:21:12 PM »

Offline GetLucky

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 349
Hey, we have Gerald Wallace for a reason, and it's not just for the sake of having a human digideroo!

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2015, 08:58:46 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
Yep, you have to play Lebron physically to throw him off of his game. Of course, you run the risk of fouling out every player on our roster due to how much the officials protect him, but it's worth a shot.

It would seem that playing Love physically would also benefit us, too, because he doesn't seem the type to respond well to that.

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2015, 09:00:15 PM »

Offline jeezem

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 11
I would rather see a strategy to get fouled.

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2015, 09:09:07 PM »

Online Alleyoopster

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 150
Not a fan of intentionally trying to hurt a player.  I've been on the other end.  Years ago I drove for a layup and someone pushed me so hard I almost hit the wall. Plays like that are not what sports are suppose to be all about.

Sure, players try to intimidate each other all the time.  One goes over the limit when trying to win  by causing injuries.  When that happens...you are a loser no matter what the outcome. 

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2015, 11:12:47 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
Hey, we have Gerald Wallace for a reason, and it's not just for the sake of having a human digideroo!

TP for you
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2015, 11:23:15 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
We're not the bad boys, nor should we ever stoop to their approach of 'if you can't beat them, beat them up,' because that's not basketball, imo.  You can at least hope to take something out of Lebron through a very specific strategy -theoretically, anyway - and I'm not talking defensively, but we don't have the nevessary players to implement it, rendering this post moot, haha. ;D

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2015, 09:38:09 PM »

Offline GranTur

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 68
  • Anti-NBA Hipster
The double standard is ridiculous...people absolutely loathe Dwayne Wade and Chris Paul for being dirty players, but here are some of those people talking about handing out hard fouls?

LOL
"It's not how you play the game. It's whether you win or lose--that's my motto." -Larry Bird

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2015, 09:55:23 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
The double standard is ridiculous...people absolutely loathe Dwayne Wade and Chris Paul for being dirty players, but here are some of those people talking about handing out hard fouls?

LOL

hard fouls =/= dirty fouls

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2015, 10:38:03 PM »

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145

LOL

When there is intention to injure an opposing player: yes, hard fouls = dirty fouls.

I would not like us to win this series in such a manner.

« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2015, 10:40:18 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
We need someone who is willing to take a charge from Lebron.

Sullinger, Smart, or Crowder.

Never seen Bass take a charge, ever.

« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2015, 10:43:24 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith

LOL

When there is intention to injure an opposing player: yes, hard fouls = dirty fouls.

Who said anything about trying to intentionally injure players? It's common knowledge that when an opposing player is struggling with an injury or something you go hard at him attacking him on offense and playing him physically on defense. It's not dirty basketball; it's hard-nosed, old-schooled, smart basketball. You attack weaknesses where you see them.

« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2015, 11:05:07 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

LOL

Who said anything about trying to intentionally injure players? It's common knowledge that when an opposing player is struggling with an injury or something you go hard at him attacking him on offense and playing him physically on defense. It's not dirty basketball; it's hard-nosed, old-schooled, smart basketball. You attack weaknesses where you see them.

I love the idea that you make a dirty play, specifically one that is illegal and meant to cause pain, as 'not trying to injure someone'.

I guess I'm taking some of football and rugby into this, but if you're hitting/wrenching/gouging, whatever, a player in a way that the rules don't allow and is explicitly meant to hurt them, you really likely aren't consciously thinking, "i'm gonna injure this guy", but there is a good chance you are thinking, "Oh man I hope this (expletive)ing hurts this guy. I hope he cries."

It's just one of those funny lies we tell ourselves.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2015, 11:11:30 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith

LOL

I love the idea that you make a dirty play, specifically one that is illegal and meant to cause pain, as 'not trying to injure someone'.

I guess I'm taking some of football and rugby into this, but if you're hitting/wrenching/gouging, whatever, a player in a way that the rules don't allow and is explicitly meant to hurt them, you really likely aren't consciously thinking, "i'm gonna injure this guy", but there is a good chance you are thinking, "Oh man I hope this (expletive)ing hurts this guy. I hope he cries."

It's just one of those funny lies we tell ourselves.

So you're saying that if an opposing player twists their ankle or something in the game, you wouldn't try to attack them offensively or anything like that? Or like when Lebron had "cramps" that time in the Finals, are you saying it's wrong to go at them consistently and hard? This seems to be something that happens all of the time and a natural part of the game.

Perhaps I was born in the wrong era, or at least I'm into the wrong sport if that is the case lol

« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2015, 11:24:29 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I like that we don't have any scumbags like Wade on our team, and I'd like to keep it that way.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain