Author Topic: Realistically what are you hoping to see from the Cavs series  (Read 4998 times)

Re: Realistically what are you hoping to see from the Cavs series
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2015, 09:18:58 PM »

Offline jeezem

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 11
More Celtics diving on the floor for loose balls than you've ever seen before.  Guys really having fun playing and just leaving it all out there.  That's fun to watch, win or not. 

« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2015, 10:31:26 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
Nothing really. Some close games. Would be nice to win one or two. Game 3 would be nice for the sake of the fans.

« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2015, 11:00:33 AM »

Offline Iggzilla

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 8
Hi everyone, this is my first post in these forums, though I'm not exactly new since I've been browsing this site for quite a while now. Been a Celtics fan ever since my dad (a C's fan as well) made me watch a Celtics-Lakers game in the 80s. Larry Bird is the man. :)

Anyway, some things I hope to see in the Cavs series:

1) Smart frustrating Kyrie (or even LeBron) with his defense for the whole series. His defense is astounding for a rookie, though this probably won't happen because the refs might call fouls on him just for breathing within the general vicinity of Kyrie.

2) IT having a hot shooting night where he threatens to score 40+ and wills the C's to victory. He might want to prove that he's better than Kyrie, so I don't think this is far-fetched. And it'll be fun to see the smallest guy on the court torching a star-laden team.

All in all, I just want  to see the boys in green be competitive all throughout the series and win at least a game or two. I don't care if they lose, what matters is the experience for the players and the exposure of Steven's system which could hopefully attract some free agents to come to Boston.

« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2015, 11:11:25 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
Hi everyone, this is my first post in these forums, though I'm not exactly new since I've been browsing this site for quite a while now. Been a Celtics fan ever since my dad (a C's fan as well) made me watch a Celtics-Lakers game in the 80s. Larry Bird is the man. :)

Anyway, some things I hope to see in the Cavs series:

1) Smart frustrating Kyrie (or even LeBron) with his defense for the whole series. His defense is astounding for a rookie, though this probably won't happen because the refs might call fouls on him just for breathing within the general vicinity of Kyrie.

2) IT having a hot shooting night where he threatens to score 40+ and wills the C's to victory. He might want to prove that he's better than Kyrie, so I don't think this is far-fetched. And it'll be fun to see the smallest guy on the court torching a star-laden team.

All in all, I just want  to see the boys in green be competitive all throughout the series and win at least a game or two. I don't care if they lose, what matters is the experience for the players and the exposure of Steven's system which could hopefully attract some free agents to come to Boston.

Welcome!

I'm on board with just wanting them to be competitive and represent the brand off hoops they've developed over the last couple of months.  If they win a game or two, it's a bonus.
Yup

« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2015, 03:01:40 PM »

Offline jeezem

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 11
can't wait for this game to start.  this forum gets me fired up about these games, thanks

« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2015, 03:11:40 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
Force a game 7 just so the team (and Stevens) can get a taste of the highest possible pressure on the big stage and use it to get to an extra gear next season.
except we win in 7