Author Topic: NBA agrees to HGH blood testing beginning 2015-16  (Read 1635 times)

NBA agrees to HGH blood testing beginning 2015-16
« on: April 16, 2015, 03:54:44 PM »

Offline timobusa

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 284
  • Bleed Green, Die Green

Re: NBA agrees to HGH blood testing beginning 2015-16
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2015, 03:56:49 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
Too bad it didn't start this postseason. We'd really have a good chance against Cleveland without Lebron!  ;)

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2015, 03:59:47 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Too bad it didn't start this postseason. We'd really have a good chance against Cleveland without Lebron!  ;)

I'm sure the players have all moved on to a designer drug that's not going to be detected in the tests.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2015, 04:01:07 PM »

Offline timobusa

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 284
  • Bleed Green, Die Green

Haha I was thinking that, but I didn't have the internet balls to say it. hahaha

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2015, 04:04:43 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906

I'm sure the players have all moved on to a designer drug that's not going to be detected in the tests.

And more than likely this announcement was made WAY in advance to warn the users of this league to stop it now before the testing comes. This way they have all summer for it to clear out and to switch to a legal/non-tested alternative. The NBA doesn't want the steroid scandal/reputation that baseball has.

I like how strict they are about it, though. Those are pretty stiff penalties.

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2015, 07:09:43 PM »

Offline inverselock

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 44
Good for Sully.   He only consumes ice cream.   

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2015, 07:21:21 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I've long suspected that maybe the biggest effect that HGH and some of the other PEDs might be having is allowing players, especially older ones, to recover more quickly and more completely from major injuries.

If that's at all the case, I kind of hope players keep getting away with it.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2015, 07:40:53 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
I've long suspected that maybe the biggest effect that HGH and some of the other PEDs might be having is allowing players, especially older ones, to recover more quickly and more completely from major injuries.

Agreed.  In basketball, you can take all the juice you want, but being a 'roid monster won't help you if you don't have game.

To me, it's more or less a non-issue.  If there are drugs out there that can help players stay on the court (particularly if they aren't dangerous), I say, let them take 'em.
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2015, 07:47:39 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Same thought everyone had when reading that.

It always ends up being someone you didn't expect, though... like Jae Crowder or something.

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2015, 07:49:09 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

Yeah I seriously don't care.  We're just going to find out that guys like KG and Kobe were doing it to extend their careers.

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2015, 08:02:34 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

Yeah I seriously don't care.  We're just going to find out that guys like KG and Kobe were doing it to extend their careers.

Or worst of all, we find out Tim Duncan has been using them in the off-season for years.

Talk about a narrative-changer.

On the flip side, I've also wondered if the frequency of bone-related injuries among young players in recent years is in some way related to bone-density loss associated with PEDs.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain