Author Topic: We get picks #16, #28, #33 and #45.  (Read 55205 times)

Re: We get picks #16, #28, #33 and #45.
« Reply #180 on: April 25, 2015, 06:15:43 AM »

Offline Sixth Man

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 82
Hoping we take BPA at 16 and we trade our 2nds with #28 to trade up for Harrell. Earlier in the year, I thought we were going to need to take him in the 13-16 range, but he has been falling for no apparent reason.

This way we still get a decent prospect and the guy I have wanted all along in Harrell with only taking on two additional rookies, instead of four.
I don't think Harrell is going to be as good as Cliff Alexander.

IMO
Myles Turner 16 or trade down to get him
Cliff Alexander 28
Robert Upshaw  Using our 76er 2nd rounder

It just seems like the identity of this Cs team is going to be defense and hustle. With Bass and Crowder possibly/likely not being here next year, I would be very happy with Harrell taking those minutes. He is all over the floor and provides the athleticism up front that we simply do not have. Getting him with #28 plus our 2nds (while maintaining our BPA at #16) would be best case scenario.

But I can see why you like Alexander.

Montrezl would be a terrific pick at 28, IMHO.  CBS would love having and "deploying" him.  ;)

« Reply #181 on: April 25, 2015, 10:19:50 AM »

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
Hoping we take BPA at 16 and we trade our 2nds with #28 to trade up for Harrell. Earlier in the year, I thought we were going to need to take him in the 13-16 range, but he has been falling for no apparent reason.

This way we still get a decent prospect and the guy I have wanted all along in Harrell with only taking on two additional rookies, instead of four.

IMO
Cliff Alexander 28

Latest Celtic wet dream. Looney, Upshaw and Alexander.

Defense! Size! Upside!

« Reply #182 on: April 25, 2015, 10:51:56 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja

IMO
Cliff Alexander 28

Latest Celtic wet dream. Looney, Upshaw and Alexander.

Defense! Size! Upside!
actually, it is possible the celtics could pick up that trio, though is is not likely. looney may be available at #16. alexander MAYBE there at #28. upshaw MAYBE there at #33.

but personally, i would prefer george lucas with the clippers pick. lots and lots of upside with lucas and so he is worth the gamble at that spot.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #183 on: April 25, 2015, 11:39:34 AM »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54

[/quote]
actually, it is possible the celtics could pick up that trio, though is is not likely. looney may be available at #16. alexander MAYBE there at #28. upshaw MAYBE there at #33.

but personally, i would prefer george lucas with the clippers pick. lots and lots of upside with lucas and so he is worth the gamble at that spot.
[/quote]

No way do I want George Lucas, he is a sellout!  Sold Star Wars to Disney of all people  :'(
2019 historical draft.  Pick 12

Tim Duncan, Oscar Robertson, Elgin Baylor, Scottie Pippen, Willis Reed, Mitch Richmond, Sam Jones, Dan Majerle, Bob Cousy, Rasheed Wallace, Shawn Kemp, Marcus Camby

« Reply #184 on: April 25, 2015, 11:49:17 AM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203

[/quote]

No way do I want George Lucas, he is a sellout!  Sold Star Wars to Disney of all people  :'(
[/quote]

Straight cash, homey!

« Reply #185 on: April 25, 2015, 11:49:48 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja

[/quote]

[/quote]
good one. tp for the post.  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #186 on: April 25, 2015, 12:17:18 PM »

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen
Can Montrezl play SF? Like a Josh Smith.

« Reply #187 on: April 25, 2015, 12:28:24 PM »

Offline Tradetime

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 115
Wood is going back to school. Some kids are getting some really bad advice.

This seems to indicate otherwise: http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaab-the-dagger/christian-wood-s-departure-dims-optimism-regarding-unlv-145540752.html

I'd love to get Wood or Upshaw with the 28th. If we can land Upshaw with #33, and Wood at 28, the more power to us. We are being exposed for our obvious lack of interior presence by Cleveland in these playoffs.

« Reply #188 on: April 28, 2015, 04:37:43 PM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
I would package #16 and another asset to move up in the draft.  I don't see an impact player sliding all the way down to #16.  I'm willing to add Sullinger or one of our sweet non-guaranteed contract 2nd round picks to move up the board for a sliding stud.

Pick #33 is probably very attractive looking sweetner to some team out there.  For moving down, they'd also get a borderline 1st round talent and not have to pay out a guaranteed contract.

« Reply #189 on: May 13, 2015, 12:39:21 PM »

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen
http://cdn.streamable.com/video/767b2220dc9011e4a1c1ef1e13eebc38.webm

That defense by Portis.
I think this is the biggest argument for Portis. I believe within a few years he would be far and away our best big man defender of the pick and roll.

If he ends up having 3 point range at the NBA level then I think he would be a steal.

Great fit next to Jelly Sullynyk, as well as Stevens' system. If he bulks up that'd be awesome.

I would dare say that we should pick Robert Upshaw at #16 before someone else does.

The risk will be at an all time high, but so is the reward. At where we are picking, he's probably one, if not, the most upside of whoever is left. I get it that there needs to be a ton of work to do for him, especially maturity issues, but basketball wise, he fills a need and there's potential. I say grab him at #16 before anybody else. If NBA teams would be willing to gamble because he has basketball potential, why can't it be us?

I don't mind reaching for him, but it seems like 16 would be a giant reach. Why not just trade back to 25 and take him?

You are making my point, Flex. Someone may try to reach for him. I'm saying pick him now before someone else does. He's a projected 2nd rounder by DraftExpress. With Tim Duncan possibly retiring, Robin Lopez' free agency, Tyson Chandler getting older, and the Lakers not having a legit Center, teams my try to reach him.

Is #16 a very high reach, absolutely. But know this, we reach at #16, we get a guy who, while needs a some work, is someone who is big, and with great potential. Why risk having him being reached by other teams when we can. I mean, at #16, most of the picks could probably wing guys, or role player/bench guys. Upshaw has the potential to be a solid rim protector and an inside presence, don't let him be within range of other teams.

I don't think anyone will reach past 25 for Upshaw. 26-30 is where it could get risky.

I mentioned teams from 21-30 that has a need for his size and position. I think one of those teams would reach.

Well, this is all conjecture anyhow. Taking Upshaw at 16 is an unnecessary risk. Whether we trade back to 20 or 25, the principle is the same. Pick up value and still get your guy.

I get the point. I'm just saying that why risk having other teams pick him when we already can. I get the reach part, but if he's the guy, why wait when he could already be there. We still have 3 picks after anyways.

But he has crazy eyes. Could bust.

I say trade up with our two second rounders.

Or get Wood plus Bobby Portis.

Disclaimer: I'm just a highlight jockey in terms of draft knowledge.

I've never seen an avid 4/20-er with those kind of eyes.

He will eat your babies.

All of them.

« Reply #190 on: June 11, 2015, 05:28:36 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Not considering the order I think these players will be a good fit under CBS system.

-Arturas Gudaitis - Wide body , 6-10 240 pound pf international prospect known for shot blocking (good athlete) , promise on jump shot (good ft per for size) and good skills from the post.  Draft and Stash

-Richaun Holmes-  Similar profile as player above.  Explosive athlete that can block shots , grab offenaive rebounds, putbacks out of nowhere. Can shoot the 3 . 22 years of age but still has room to grow

-RJ Hunter -  taller, longer wingspan version of JJ Reddick.  Has long range 3 pt shot. Can bury 2-3 in a row and get hot

-Chris MCcullough - draft and stash  - recover, d league, strengthen up. Top 10 talent.

All of these guys can shoot and play D. RJ Hunter is not a lockdown D or anything but the effort is there and has a long wingspan.

I like Justin Anderson also. Just not a fan of his attitude (example throwing RHJ under the bus after their workout).
« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 09:32:19 PM by triboy16f »

« Reply #191 on: June 11, 2015, 05:56:16 PM »

Offline LGC88

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167
I'm high on Hunter since the beginning. Great complete guy with no flaws.
Great attitude, and he's a fighter. He will suit Celtics mentality instantly and he's the type of versatile guy that BS like.
He's shooting 3s 2 or 3 meters behind the line, like it's the same for him. Fast release some more.

« Reply #192 on: June 11, 2015, 06:11:01 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
I'm high on Hunter since the beginning. Great complete guy with no flaws.
Great attitude, and he's a fighter. He will suit Celtics mentality instantly and he's the type of versatile guy that BS like.
He's shooting 3s 2 or 3 meters behind the line, like it's the same for him. Fast release some more.

I agree. 

« Reply #193 on: June 11, 2015, 09:16:23 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 907
Guess it's probably too much to hope that Justin Anderson falls to #28, isn't it?

Mike

« Reply #194 on: June 11, 2015, 09:31:25 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Guess it's probably too much to hope that Justin Anderson falls to #28, isn't it?

Mike

yeah , that is a dream.  Somewhere between 15-24 he will be drafted