Author Topic: We get picks #16, #28, #33 and #45.  (Read 55330 times)

Re: We get picks #16, #27 or 28, #33 and #45.
« Reply #75 on: April 17, 2015, 01:57:18 PM »

Offline CelticGuardian

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 43
  • Blood. Sweat. & Tears.
Have you guys ever given thought about us maybe drafting Tyus Jones? He stood out the most to me in the tournament, and could be the potential replacement for Pressey.... I just don't want Turner running point anymore... not really the best decision-maker.

« Reply #76 on: April 17, 2015, 04:40:46 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
We're picking 28th.  Lakers (from Houston in Jeremy Lin salary dump) get 27.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/04/17/pacers-mavericks-grizzlies-lakers-win-draft-tiebreakers/

« Reply #77 on: April 17, 2015, 04:43:42 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Have you guys ever given thought about us maybe drafting Tyus Jones? He stood out the most to me in the tournament, and could be the potential replacement for Pressey.... I just don't want Turner running point anymore... not really the best decision-maker.
If he's available at 28 I think he is absolutely who we should pick.

My hope is that Smart will run the point next year instead of Turner.

DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

Re: We get picks #16, #28, #33 and #45.
« Reply #78 on: April 17, 2015, 05:17:56 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
So the #33, because of it's non guarantees, is more valuable than #28.

« Reply #79 on: April 17, 2015, 05:22:38 PM »

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145
Any love for Sam Dekker? I think he's a huge upgrade over ET. Good chance he'll be available at #16.

Strengths:
-Very good tools all around for a SF. 6'9, explosive, decent quicks. Only negative here is average length (6'10)
-Plus defender. Good focus, fundamentals and quicks. Has the size to guard some 4's and the quicks to switch onto some guards.
-Good shooter - 35% from 3 career (33% in '14-15)
-Excellent efficiency inside the arc: 59% career (64% in '14-15)
-Good BBIQ, decision making - 1.3 AST to 1.0 TOV per game (1.2/.9)
-Creates his own shot. Most non-transition unassisted rim FG's (per 40) out of all top wing prospects (http://deanondraft.com/2015/04/17/which-2015-prospects-get-to-the-rim-the-most/)
-Plus rebounder for a 3. Gets putbacks.
-Ready for the NBA. No serious holes in his game. Low risk of busting.
-DX lists intangibles as a strength. Has played well in big games.

Weaknesses:
-6'10 wingspan is decent, but below-average for 6'9 height
-Not a string bean, but below-average strength for a college junior
-Not as good shooting off the dribble as spotting up. In order to become a primary threat he'll need a better pullup game
-Solid from the college 3pt line, but not a lock to be good from the NBA line.
-Not a standout in terms of any one skill. Already a junior. Lacks super upside.

« Reply #80 on: April 17, 2015, 05:46:57 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

Not really.  Just depends on the draft.  If it's a weak draft, and you think it's somewhat likely whomever you pick will wash out quickly, then yes.  But in a deeper draft, you're probably offering the guy picked at 33 a guaranteed deal too, so you'd rather have the earlier pick to get the guy you want, and under team control for longer.

« Reply #81 on: April 17, 2015, 05:48:44 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
I really want to draft someone with that Clippers pick and have them turn into a star, just to stick it to Doc and the Clips.  I know - it would be cool if we packaged and moved up with it - but I want to get a great player specifically with the pick they would have had.  I don't even know who could plausibly have that kind of upside there in this draft, maybe Wood?  George Lucas?

« Reply #82 on: April 17, 2015, 06:19:15 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
pretty much. and the celtics have philly's second rounder next year as well. good stuff.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #83 on: April 17, 2015, 06:21:03 PM »

Offline byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 3033
A few guys stand out to me who are in our "range" without making big moves.

At #16, I would keep an eye on Poetl. He's a better prospect than Kaminsky in my eyes, and is right up there with Turner and possibly Porzingis. Anywhere in the 12+ range I like him.

At #28, someone mentioned Tyus Jones and I think that would be good value. A playmaking PG could fit in just fine (and serve as insurance) with Thomas, Bradley and Smart, and analytics guys see him as a lottery talent. Otherwise, an upside player like LaVert or a stash (Zhuo Qi, Nedim Buza or Egemen Guven?) makes a lot of sense.

At #33 I'd love to see Dakari Johnson slip this far. He's been playing alongside 2 lottery talents at a time the last 2 years and I bet he'd be 10-15 spots higher at another school where he was The Man. If not, maybe a euro stash or anyone who slides on draft night.

At #45 I'd probably take the best international prospect available, assuming we already have 2-3 draftees coming to training camp. Maybe a big guy like Guillermo Hernangomez or Wang Zhelin and hope they take it to the next level overseas in the next couple of years? Those guys are both around 7 foot, 250 pounds with enough skills to be a useful NBA backup, and will be slightly undervalued by teams that want help sooner.

« Reply #84 on: April 20, 2015, 11:14:09 AM »

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
So many bigs after the lottery are intriguing. There have been so many scenarios for my Celtic wet dreams lately.

Cliff Robinson working out like Ben Wallace.
Upshaw working out like Tyson Chandler.
Rakeem Christmas working out like some crappy Ben Wallace.
Bobby Portis working out like Al Horford.
Kaminsky playing some decent defense.
Christian Wood ending up like a boss.
Myles Turner ends up like a sweet shooting Roy Hibbert.
Moussa Diagne not busting.

They will probably all end up sucking but each provide their intrigue.

Maybe that guy who said we should trade down is right. Draft all the bigs and play 3-4 big men at a time.

« Reply #85 on: April 20, 2015, 11:23:08 AM »

Offline CelticGuardian

• Jayson Tatum
  • Blood. Sweat. & Tears.
If he's available at 28 I think he is absolutely who we should pick.

My hope is that Smart will run the point next year instead of Turner.

Yeah, I like Turner but he turns over the ball too much on key moments and it p---es me off to no end.

I like what I see in Tyus, plays with a level head and makes good decisions, he was super clutch during the tournament too.

He would be a steal for us at #28.

« Reply #86 on: April 20, 2015, 11:25:11 AM »

Offline CelticGuardian

• Jayson Tatum
  • Blood. Sweat. & Tears.
So many bigs after the lottery are intriguing. There have been so many scenarios for my Celtic wet dreams lately.

Maybe that guy who said we should trade down is right. Draft all the bigs and play 3-4 big men at a time.

Upshaw is the guy we should look into the most out of those bigs... you just don't lead the NCAA in blocks and just fall into obscurity behind "higher upside" players. Dude can swat some shots man, hopefully he's available in the second round.

« Reply #87 on: April 20, 2015, 11:33:13 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft

Upshaw is the guy we should look into the most out of those bigs... you just don't lead the NCAA in blocks and just fall into obscurity behind "higher upside" players. Dude can swat some shots man, hopefully he's available in the second round.
He got kicked off of two different teams in college. We currently have a core of young hard working guys, adding a guy who could mess up chemistry at this point in our development isn't a bad idea.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #88 on: April 20, 2015, 11:42:16 AM »

Offline CelticGuardian

• Jayson Tatum
  • Blood. Sweat. & Tears.

He got kicked off of two different teams in college. We currently have a core of young hard working guys, adding a guy who could mess up chemistry at this point in our development isn't a bad idea.

Dude, what kind of ego is this guy really going to bring to a locker room of tested pros? Especially, if drafted in the second round... he's not going strut into the Garden thinking he's Demarcus ****' Cousins.

In any case, I do not trust Danny's judgement on bigs, the only time he got it right was with Big Al.

If I were in his shoes. I would trade the #16 and #45 for a good shooter. Pick up Tyus Jones with #28 and Upshaw at #33.

« Reply #89 on: April 20, 2015, 11:50:21 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
We are really overplaying  AB, Smart and IT. I would like to add another pg/sg .  I see James Young as a future sf

Some players we could bring in

At 16- booker,payne
At 28- dunn, wright, levert

At 45- Harvey