Author Topic: We get picks #16, #28, #33 and #45.  (Read 55207 times)

Re: We get picks #16, #27, #33 and #45.
« Reply #45 on: April 16, 2015, 12:33:34 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Ideal picks are
16. Looney
27. RHJ
Second rounders best available foreign players to stash.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #46 on: April 16, 2015, 12:37:56 PM »

Offline Eric M VAN

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 61
  • No no no, not THAT "Eric M Van".
I wonder if Ainge would consider going the OKC route and paying some kid to play in the D-League ala Huestis.

That 33rd & 45th pick seem much more attractive to me (and I'd think another team ) than the 27th guaranteed salary pick. (of course, depending on who's on the board at that time)
« Last Edit: April 16, 2015, 12:47:35 PM by Eric M VAN »
"Because there are no fours."
-- Antoine Walker when asked why he shoots so many threes

"We're going to turn this team around 360 degrees."
-Jason Kidd

« Reply #47 on: April 16, 2015, 12:38:42 PM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 215
Ideal picks are
16. Looney
27. RHJ
RHJ would be a great get at 27. I think realistically we would probably need to package the second with the 27th pick to move up a few spots to get him.

« Reply #48 on: April 16, 2015, 12:52:09 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
I'm surprised people don't think we have the roster space for 4 rookies. Guys like Pressy and Datome should not be kept. Bass will likely be gone. Sullinger is expendable and if he has a good game in the playoffs may bring good value, and Turner and Thomas are on bargain contracts and can easily
be moved for good value. I don't think any of them are viewed as building blocks.

« Reply #49 on: April 16, 2015, 12:52:59 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
If we make no moves, get Oubre at #16 and Johnson at #27. I'd be happy with that.

« Reply #50 on: April 16, 2015, 01:02:08 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
I'm surprised people don't think we have the roster space for 4 rookies. Guys like Pressy and Datome should not be kept. Bass will likely be gone. Sullinger is expendable and if he has a good game in the playoffs may bring good value, and Turner and Thomas are on bargain contracts and can easily
be moved for good value. I don't think any of them are viewed as building blocks.

Do we have the roster space? Sure.  Is having four rookies on the team a year before having even more draft picks the best use of roster space, especially when the team also has cap room? No, I don't think so.  Realistically we should probably have no more than four rookies over the next two seasons if we're trying to build a sustainable roster.

« Reply #51 on: April 16, 2015, 01:04:58 PM »

Offline CelticGuardian

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 43
  • Blood. Sweat. & Tears.
C's could do one of two things, trade up the draft or just straight up add more depth to the positions were we might not need it.

I have a feeling we would most likely trade up to get the center we need, the thing about getting DeAndre in FA is that he is in a better situation in LA and he is going to have to learn a whole new system and that is something that usually gets less resistance and frustation from a rookie.

I really like what I see in WCS, and if we could get that #6 pick out of the Kings hands we have a great chance of landing him, it might mean giving up one of our MANY(WAY too many) stretch 4s. It's cool to live by the 3 (and we all know what happens when they don't fall :P) but you should definitely add some bodies that can save you from dying by the 2.

I see us trading up.

« Reply #52 on: April 16, 2015, 01:05:15 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft

Do we have the roster space? Sure.  Is having four rookies on the team a year before having even more draft picks the best use of roster space, especially when the team also has cap room? No, I don't think so.  Realistically we should probably have no more than four rookies over the next two seasons if we're trying to build a sustainable roster.
Especially when we have a ton of picks next year. If we drafted four rookies we would most assuredly have to cut some to make room for the 2016 rookies.

Ideal picks are
16. Looney
27. RHJ
RHJ would be a great get at 27. I think realistically we would probably need to package the second with the 27th pick to move up a few spots to get him.
I am 100% in favor of such a move.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #53 on: April 16, 2015, 01:05:50 PM »

Offline CelticGuardian

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 43
  • Blood. Sweat. & Tears.
dbl post.

« Reply #54 on: April 16, 2015, 01:06:02 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

There could easily be room on the roster.  But taking on 4 rookies at once seems like a bad idea for a team that already has plenty of young players vying for playing time and development attention.  Asking too much of the coaching staff to adequately develop that many guys at once.  We'd end up with 3 or 4 guys in the D-League for much of the season.

Biggest problem for this team right now is quantity over quality.  Need some quality assets rather than another pile of OK assets.  Having 4 picks in this draft plus an overabundance of decent young-ish roleplayers seems like a good opportunity to try and consolidate.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #55 on: April 16, 2015, 01:07:30 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale

I don't think we are in the build a sustainable roster mode though. Despite making the playoffs due to a great coach and a terrible conference, we are in a 'collect assets and cash them in at max value' mode. If we can't get great value for our picks in the upcoming draft in a trade to move up or out, then it makes sense to keep he four rookies and let them develop some value rahther than keep guys like Pressy and Datome who will not gain in value at all.

« Reply #56 on: April 16, 2015, 01:14:11 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471

Why would you ever move Sully, Turner and Thomas for the #27, #33 and #45 picks in this draft?  Isn't it a little early to be tanking next season?

Mike

« Reply #57 on: April 16, 2015, 01:19:49 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale

Why would you ever move Sully, Turner and Thomas for the #27, #33 and #45 picks in this draft?  Isn't it a little early to be tanking next season?

Mike

I didn't say move them for those picks, we already have those picks obviously, but move what you get the most value for. I think we can get very good value for Turner or Sully packaged with a couple of picks rather than moving #27, 33, and 45 for future 2nds just to avoid taking on rookies, which would in essence be dumping some of the assets we had traded for.

Otherwise, dump guys like Pressey, Jerebko and Datome who have poor value and no upside, don't dump rookies or draft picks.

« Reply #58 on: April 16, 2015, 01:50:57 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I think we can get very good value for Turner or Sully packaged with a couple of picks rather than moving #27, 33, and 45 for future 2nds just to avoid taking on rookies, which would in essence be dumping some of the assets we had traded for.

Otherwise, dump guys like Pressey, Jerebko and Datome who have poor value and no upside, don't dump rookies or draft picks.

I agree with most of this but I for one would try to sign Jerebko for a reasonable contract.   He is a great energy guy and has played all three front court positions at times.   He can spread the floor and rebound.  He also stays in front of us him.   I would not break the bank for him but I would make him an offer.

« Reply #59 on: April 16, 2015, 02:13:28 PM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 215
I think we can get very good value for Turner or Sully packaged with a couple of picks rather than moving #27, 33, and 45 for future 2nds just to avoid taking on rookies, which would in essence be dumping some of the assets we had traded for.

I agree with most of this but I for one would try to sign Jerebko for a reasonable contract.   He is a great energy guy and has played all three front court positions at times.   He can spread the floor and rebound.  He also stays in front of us him.   I would not break the bank for him but I would make him an offer.
I've been surprised by how good Jerebko has been. And it doesn't seem to matter if he's playing 3 minutes or 20 minutes, he brings it every night.

Another strength of his is his handle. He is very strong with the ball when he drives into the lane. Also a strong finisher at the rim.