Author Topic: We get picks #16, #28, #33 and #45.  (Read 55387 times)

Re: We get picks #16, #27, #33 and #45.
« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2015, 10:49:26 AM »

Offline number_n9ne

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 126
- Grant is a solid combo guard, although I'm not sure if I'd rather have someone like Kevon Looney or Bobby Portis instead. I'd be most happy if Jakob Poeltl slid to us!

Poeltl should be our target IMO. Won't be so hard to trade up two or three spots to get him.

Even if Poeltl projects to be Asik-esque, that's still awesome. When I watched the Duke vs Utah game I was impressed. He's not gonna jump out of the building but he's got potential to be a starting C with his defense.

« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2015, 10:59:03 AM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
4 more D-leaguers..at least Maine roster will be loaded

The problem though is even if all 4 are sent to the D league they still take up an NBA roster spot.  This would mean 4 players from the current team have to go or not be re-signed, not even considering other free agents out there.

I think what is more likely is Ainge packages picks to either move up in this year's draft or a future higher draft pick, or package some of them for a proven player.   I think it's highly unlikely we will have 4 rookies taking up roster spots next year.

« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2015, 11:04:05 AM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
besides Smart and maybe Bradley, what kind of package can we do to potentially move up?

« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2015, 11:12:00 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
- Grant is a solid combo guard, although I'm not sure if I'd rather have someone like Kevon Looney or Bobby Portis instead. I'd be most happy if Jakob Poeltl slid to us!
Yes, I don't quite understand why we need to draft a fourth or fifth "solid" combo guard. Portis makes a lot more sense at 16 (that's provided he declares).
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2015, 11:14:13 AM »

Offline number_n9ne

• Jayson Tatum
besides Smart and maybe Bradley, what kind of package can we do to potentially move up?

The Kings are still looking for that PG of the future, maybe they would be interested in #16 for Grant? We could package Grant, Sully and next year's first to move up to 6?

Sully would be great next to Boogie and they would finally have their floor general of the future in Grant.

« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2015, 11:15:07 AM »

Offline number_n9ne

• Jayson Tatum
Yes, I don't quite understand why we need to draft a fourth or fifth "solid" combo guard. Portis makes a lot more sense at 16 (that's provided he declares).

Boom

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2430505-arkansas-stud-f-portis-declares-for-nba-draft

« Reply #36 on: April 16, 2015, 11:16:08 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

Depends how far you want to move.  We have 3 1st round picks next year as well -- I'm sure you could add the Dallas pick with our picks this year and find yourself in a pretty good spot.  And despite the fact that some on this blog have soured on him, I wouldn't be surprised if James Young is another potential value add.

We probably don't have anything to get into the top 5 aside from Smart, but the next 5 is attainable if Ainge likes a player enough.  I'm sure Ainge will have some potential deals lined up to make a move if the draft shakes out the right way.

« Reply #37 on: April 16, 2015, 11:19:41 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

Boom

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2430505-arkansas-stud-f-portis-declares-for-nba-draft
Ding-ding-ding  ;D

I'd love Portis at 16. The other guy I hope for is Myles Turner, but I doubt that he'll be available.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #38 on: April 16, 2015, 11:19:55 AM »

Offline JHTruth

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 111
Trade them for future picks. A 16 and 27 pick are worth diddly in a trade, and the chances we get a star for them are small. Punt..

« Reply #39 on: April 16, 2015, 11:19:59 AM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
Draft Express has us taking:

#16 Jerian Grant
#28 Jarell Martin
#33 Robert Upshaw
#45 Rashad Vaughn

This really would't be a horrible draft.

- I'd be very happy with Martin at #28. I also like Caris LeVert and RJ Hunter.

- I love Upshaw with the #33, high upside for a second round pick. Justin Anderson if Upshaw is gone.

- Vaughn could hold some value. Stick him in Maine I guess. I wouldn't mind taking Mouhammadou Jaiteh or Guillermo Hernangomez and draft & stashing them.

That's a fine enough draft for me . Probably rather have Portis or Poetll with the first and Caris Lavert with the second but that'd be the perfect 2nd round.

Question which guard/wing would folks take out of the following...
Jerian Grant
Kris Dunn
Devin Booker
Sam Dekker

« Reply #40 on: April 16, 2015, 11:24:44 AM »

Offline number_n9ne

• Jayson Tatum

#16 Jerian Grant
#28 Jarell Martin
#33 Robert Upshaw
#45 Rashad Vaughn

- I love Upshaw with the #33, high upside for a second round pick. Justin Anderson if Upshaw is gone.

- Vaughn could hold some value. Stick him in Maine I guess. I wouldn't mind taking Mouhammadou Jaiteh or Guillermo Hernangomez and draft & stashing them.

That's a fine enough draft for me . Probably rather have Portis or Poetll with the first and Caris Lavert with the second but that'd be the perfect 2nd round.

Question which guard/wing would folks take out of the following...
Jerian Grant
Kris Dunn
Devin Booker
Sam Dekker

I think Grant is BPA but he duplicates what we already have. But then again, so would Portis.

« Reply #41 on: April 16, 2015, 11:30:49 AM »

Offline number_n9ne

• Jayson Tatum
We should take:

#16 - Poeltl
#28 - Upshaw
#33 - Johnson
#45 - Hammons

One will be a steal and turn into an all star center  8)

« Reply #42 on: April 16, 2015, 12:10:05 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

#16 Jerian Grant
#28 Jarell Martin
#33 Robert Upshaw
#45 Rashad Vaughn

Cool. I enjoy looking at these draft projections.

Ford has these players in his top 100

16- Portis
28- Wood
33- Alexander
45- AJ Hammons

I'm all about BPA but 3 PFs in a row  :P

AJ Hammons is an intriguing pick with #45, 7'0" & 278lbs.

Those are his rankings, not a mock draft.

« Reply #43 on: April 16, 2015, 12:14:21 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
We should take:

#16 - Poeltl
#28 - Upshaw
#33 - Johnson
#45 - Hammons

I'd be fine with 2 of Poeltl, Upshaw or Johnson.  3 would be overkill

« Reply #44 on: April 16, 2015, 12:15:59 PM »

Offline number_n9ne

• Jayson Tatum
We should take:

#16 - Poeltl
#28 - Upshaw
#33 - Johnson
#45 - Hammons

I'd be fine with 2 of Poeltl, Upshaw or Johnson.  3 would be overkill

Sorry, I forgot the sarcasm font.