Author Topic: Maybe Cousins was Danny's goal all along  (Read 10582 times)

Maybe Cousins was Danny's goal all along
« on: April 15, 2015, 10:23:56 PM »

Offline relja

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 31
  • heart, hustle and muscle
Given the fact we a plethora of picks at our disposal, it seems pretty reasonable that Cousins is the second major move (after acquiring Isaiah) we need to speed up our rebuild until we reach the status of a perennial contender.

Giving up 2 or 3 first rounders and a player or two for DeMarcus isn't as outrageous as it seems when you first hear it: we would still own more draft picks than any other team, we would clear out our roster and acquire arguably the most dominant big man in the NBA.

Thoughts?
When you lose, the easy part is to see who gives up. Giving up is very simple. You basically take your stuff and walk away. To continue to work and to continue to compete is one of the most difficult things, especially when you really don't have anything - KG

Re: Maybe Cousins was Danny's goal all along
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2015, 10:28:04 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Given the fact we a plethora of picks at our disposal, it seems pretty reasonable that Cousins is the second major move (after acquiring Isaiah) we need to speed up our rebuild until we reach the status of a perennial contender.

Giving up 2 or 3 first rounders and a player or two for DeMarcus isn't as outrageous as it seems when you first hear it: we would still own more draft picks than any other team, we would clear out our roster and acquire arguably the most dominant big man in the NBA.

Thoughts?
it'll take more than 2 picks and 2 of any of our players to get Cousins.

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2015, 10:30:06 PM »

Offline relja

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 31
  • heart, hustle and muscle

Thoughts?

I am aware but at this point no deal for cousins is outrageous. Only Isaiah, Jae and Marcus should be untouchable.
When you lose, the easy part is to see who gives up. Giving up is very simple. You basically take your stuff and walk away. To continue to work and to continue to compete is one of the most difficult things, especially when you really don't have anything - KG

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2015, 10:37:45 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

Thoughts?

I am aware but at this point no deal for cousins is outrageous. Only Isaiah, Jae and Marcus should be untouchable.

No player is untouchable if it means you can't get DMC cause of it.. I see three way trade from Nuggets happening. Faried and Lawson to the Kings.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2015, 10:38:03 PM »

Offline positivitize

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 614
  • Puns of steel
Cousins hated playing with IT4 in Sacramento. 
My biases, in order of fervor:
Pro:
Smart, Brown, Hayward, Tatum, Kemba, Grant Williams, Sleepy Williams, Edwards!

Anti:
Kanter, Semi, Theis, Poierier

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2015, 10:38:37 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja

Thoughts?

you would let jae crowder stand in the way of acquiring the best center in the nba? if jae is necessary for this deal, i will pack his bags and drive him to the airport.  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2015, 10:39:29 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
Cousins hated playing with IT4 in Sacramento.
did not know this. any links or quotes to this effect?
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2015, 10:41:57 PM »

Offline positivitize

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 614
  • Puns of steel
My biases, in order of fervor:
Pro:
Smart, Brown, Hayward, Tatum, Kemba, Grant Williams, Sleepy Williams, Edwards!

Anti:
Kanter, Semi, Theis, Poierier

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2015, 10:43:15 PM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269
Issue is other teams have more upfront desirable assets than the Cs do. Bill Simmons said Magic could offer Vucevic and their lottery pick for Cousins. Can't see the Celtics trumping that offer.

I want Cousins but my gut tells me the Kings will want Smart and all the Nets picks for the Celtics to even start negotiating with them. I don't want Smartacus going anywhere.

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2015, 10:52:23 PM »

Offline Fred Roberts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 102
No hopes of seeing Cousins in green via trade. The Celts would have to continue what they're building and save cap space for if/when he's a free agent.

If our coach and team continue in this nice track of progress, it may be a desirable place for him to plug himself in.

« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2015, 10:52:42 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 533
If I ran the Kings the only way I'm dealing Cousins is if demands a trade and announces he won't sign an extension under any circumstances. 

He's not going anywhere.

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2015, 11:20:40 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
No hopes of seeing Cousins in green via trade. The Celts would have to continue what they're building and save cap space for if/when he's a free agent.

If our coach and team continue in this nice track of progress, it may be a desirable place for him to plug himself in.

I don't know, we still have those BKN picks (as well as the ability to swap in '17). Those continue to be super-desirable assets, even if our own are less than impressive.

« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2015, 11:22:36 PM »

Offline JHTruth

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 111
Hard to see cousins coming here for some mid first rounders and Sully. Would take Smart at the minimum..

« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2015, 11:31:01 PM »

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145
We probably can't get him without Smart. If I were the Kings and Cousins demanded a trade, I'd ask Danny for:

Smart
Bkn 2016
Bkn/Bos 2017
Bkn 2018
+salary

Would you do it? I think I would, but it does hurt.