Author Topic: trade down...  (Read 2635 times)

trade down...
« on: April 15, 2015, 05:05:23 PM »

Offline konkmv

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
I would not mind giving up our pick unless we can get poetl or turner...dakari johnson upshaw and levert who i like can fall at the 25-40 range...i would not mind selling our top pick for a second rounder and 2016 first...

Re: trade down...
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2015, 07:56:57 AM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
I would not mind giving up our pick unless we can get poetl or turner...dakari johnson upshaw and levert who i like can fall at the 25-40 range...i would not mind selling our top pick for a second rounder and 2016 first...
We already have 3 likely 2016 1sts.  We don't need another.  Some are projecting the 2016 draft to be weak.  I don't think it will be that bad but it'll be weaker than this draft.  I'd be happy if Oubre fell to us.  I'd also be looking at Lyles and Looney. 

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2015, 06:08:50 PM »

Offline BornReady

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 40
I also don't mind using our 17 pick to drop down in the draft
As there is still some value at the bottom of the first round and at the top of the 2nd round

If it means swapping first rounders plus gaining another 1st pick from a desperate team 

While guys like oubre, looney and lyles (and the rest of the propects projected in the lottery)  are ok
They have some glaring ? marks that would make me think twice about drafting them

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2015, 07:48:47 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
The Celtics are a team with more depth than pretty much anyone and an excess of future draft picks. They should be trading up or trading for an established player not trading down.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2015, 08:05:45 PM »

Offline Yb2

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 4
Exactly. The Celts have a team of subs. A star is needed or at least a decent  young big and an above average scoring wing

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2015, 08:20:56 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
That's not really how the NBA works.  It's rare to see teams "trade down" and exchange a current 1st round pick for a future 1st round pick.  The value of the current pick is set while the value of the future pick is variable.  Typically that makes it a lopsided deal one way or another.

Deals like that happen in the NFL because 1st round picks can make a big contribution in year 1 or 2.  That's pretty uncommon in the NBA.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2015, 09:42:27 AM »

Offline konkmv

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
I would love to get another first in 2016..
maker simmons rabb labissiere brown jetter briscoe elenson newman ingram stone bender dialo are not bad... lets say you have nets 6 mavs 12 and celtics 16 and getting another at 20 ?... combinig them you could get at least 2 top 8 picks....

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2015, 10:57:13 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
I would love to get another first in 2016..
maker simmons rabb labissiere brown jetter briscoe elenson newman ingram stone bender dialo are not bad... lets say you have nets 6 mavs 12 and celtics 16 and getting another at 20 ?... combinig them you could get at least 2 top 8 picks....
C's already have the possibility of having 4 first rounders next year.  we don't need another one.  we still have a load of second rounders next year as well. 

Either trade up, trade for a good established player or make the pick at #16.  trading down for more picks is pointless considering how many picks we already have