Author Topic: GC's Yahoo! H2H League 2015-16 thread: League is LIVE on Yahoo! Go there!  (Read 168739 times)

Re: GC's Yahoo! H2H League 2015-16 thread: Cutdown date = Oct. 20
« Reply #690 on: October 06, 2015, 12:28:31 PM »

Offline mkogav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 537
Utah Flash Official Cutdown Roster (16 Playas)
Emmanuel Mudiay
Dennis Schröder
Victor Oladipo
Zach LaVine
Robert Covington
Stanley Johnson
Tobias Harris
Noah Vonleh
Rudy Gobert
Mason Plumlee
Rodney Hood
Cody Zeller
Tim Hardaway, Jr.
James Young
Jusuf Nurkic
Donatas Motiejunas

Cut
Alexey "Better Off" Shved

Y! keepers are set.

Mk

Sickness, insanity and death were the angels that surrounded my cradle and they have followed me throughout my life - Edvard Munch

DKC Knicks

« Reply #691 on: October 07, 2015, 09:18:40 AM »

Offline Gainesville Celtic

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1331
  • Ainge *still* has a Posse! Ubuntu Y'all
In case anyone missed it via PM, email, carrier pigeon, mind-meld, etc.:

1. Cutdown Date is Oct. 20 --- Your team needs to be down to 16 players by 10 pm on Tuesday Oct. 20 (that's just under 2 weeks). See #4 way down at the end of this PM for info about the IL spot.

a. You will do this by posting your roster + any cuts in the main league thread or in a PM to me, or email (though I prefer to keep things on CBlog). Something like:

Boston Celtics keep:
Fred Roberts
John Bagely
Dee Brown
Dino Radja
Conner Henry
Thomas Hamilton

Boston Celtics cut:
Larry Bird
Paul Pierce
Kevin Garnett

b. Once you post your roster in the thread I will consider it finalized and you cannot make any more trades. This is to avoid the confusion of a team posting a roster now, then another in 4 days with 3 different players. You have 2 weeks -- there's no rush to do it right now unless your roster is finalized AND you want to shut down the possibility to trade. One GM has posted his roster before this warning -- i'll allow a grace period until noon on Oct. 7 to remove it if he wants to keep trading an option.

c. If you don't cut your roster down by 10pm on the 20th, I'll do it for you -- with some help from whoever is in the thread. I'll probably cut your lowest O-Ranked guys, but don't leave it up to me...do it yourself  ;D

2. Selecting your keepers on Yahoo! --- As part of cutting down your roster and to save me a lot of time, you also need to go onto your Yahoo! team page and click the "choose your keepers" link in the big blue box at the top of your team page.

This will bring you to a page with the 16 players that were on your roster at the end of last season.

You will then check the "KEEPER" box next to any of the 16 players from last season that are on your 16-man cut down roster. You will not check the box for any players from last year you have traded away or intend to drop. Then click the "set keepers" link/box at the bottom of the page.

EXAMPLE: I traded Chase Budinger to Eja this summer. He will NOT be checked on my roster. Additionally I obviously can't check Gerald Green or Patrick Beverly -- two of the players I got in that trade.

All this is is a way to save me the time of having to add all 320 players manually
(20 teams x 16 players). If everyone does this I'll just have to manually assign ~70-80 players: those that were drafted and kept (max 40, more likely to be 20-30 players) and players who were traded -- probably another 30 players.

GC's Yahoo! H2h League: Gainesville Celtics: 2014, 2016, 2017 Champs!

GC's Yahoo! H2h League permanent website (offseason roster, constitution, etc.) * Lucky was framed!

« Reply #692 on: October 07, 2015, 09:53:29 AM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
Toine's Boys cut down roster (16 players)

Derrick Rose
Carmelo Anthony
David Lee
Tony Allen
Aaron Brooks
Ramon Sessions
Jeremy Lamb
Courtney Lee
Joe Ingles
Tony Wroten
Kris Humphries
Marc Gasol
Nikola Pekovic
James Ennis
Alexis Ajinca
Eric Gordon

Cut:
Michael Beasley
Kostas Papanikolaou

« Reply #693 on: October 07, 2015, 10:32:33 AM »

Offline mkogav

• Jim Loscutoff

Derrick Rose
Carmelo Anthony
David Lee
Tony Allen
Aaron Brooks
Ramon Sessions
Jeremy Lamb
Courtney Lee
Joe Ingles
Tony Wroten
Kris Humphries
Marc Gasol
Nikola Pekovic
James Ennis
Alexis Ajinca
Eric Gordon

Cut:
Michael Beasley
Kostas Papanikolaou

If TB's band of band-aid's players can make the playoffs relatively healthy, watch out!

Mk

Sickness, insanity and death were the angels that surrounded my cradle and they have followed me throughout my life - Edvard Munch

DKC Knicks

« Reply #694 on: October 07, 2015, 10:53:29 AM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale

Derrick Rose
Carmelo Anthony
David Lee
Tony Allen
Aaron Brooks
Ramon Sessions
Jeremy Lamb
Courtney Lee
Joe Ingles
Tony Wroten
Kris Humphries
Marc Gasol
Nikola Pekovic
James Ennis
Alexis Ajinca
Eric Gordon

Cut:
Michael Beasley
Kostas Papanikolaou

If TB's band of band-aid's players can make the playoffs relatively healthy, watch out!

Mk

« Reply #695 on: October 07, 2015, 11:05:32 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Preseason doesn't mean much and all, but Rashad Vaughn had a nice first game for Milwaukee, getting a starting nod and dropping 20 points on 14 shots.  Watched a little - he's raw but he can definitely fill it up.

« Reply #696 on: October 07, 2015, 11:08:31 AM »

Offline spikelovetheCelts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
  • Peace it's a board. We all will never agree.
Thunderherd keeps
Austin Rivers
Randy Foye
Chris Anderson
Kent Bazemore
Ronald Stuckey
Manu Ginobili
Anderson Varejao
Andrew Bogut
Darren Collison
Chris Bosh
Kyle Korver
Kyrie Irving
Kevin Durant
DP-1   Trey   Lyles
DP-2   Frank    Kaminsky
DP-3   Delon    Wright

Drops
Dewayne Dedmon
Luc Richard Mbah a Moute
Mike Scott
« Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 01:21:12 PM by spikelovetheCelts »
"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."
--Jerry West, on John Havlicek

« Reply #697 on: October 07, 2015, 11:13:02 AM »

• Rajon Rondo
Thunderherd keeps
Austin Rivers
Randy Foye
Chris Anderson
Kent Bazemore
Ronald Stuckey
Manu Ginobili
Anderson Varejao
Andrew Bogut
Darren Collison
Chris Bosh
Kyle Korver
Kyrie Irving
Kevin Durant
DP-1   Trey   Lyles
DP-2   Frank    Kaminsky
DP-3   Delon    Wright

Drops
Chris Dedmon
Luc Richard Mbah a Moute
Mike Scott

I'm assuming you mean DEWAYNE Dedmon... not Chris ;)

GC's Yahoo! H2h League permanent website (offseason roster, constitution, etc.) * Lucky was framed!

« Reply #698 on: October 07, 2015, 12:21:00 PM »

Offline mkogav

• Jim Loscutoff
Thunderherd keeps
Austin Rivers
Randy Foye
Chris Anderson
Kent Bazemore
Ronald Stuckey
Manu Ginobili
Anderson Varejao
Andrew Bogut
Darren Collison
Chris Bosh
Kyle Korver
Kyrie Irving
Kevin Durant
DP-1   Trey   Lyles
DP-2   Frank "The Tank" Kaminsky
DP-3   Delon    Wright

Drops
Chris Dedmon
Luc Richard Mbah a Moute
Mike Scott

Mk

DKC Knicks

« Reply #699 on: October 07, 2015, 09:58:56 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
Got to many players and hard to decide who to cut? Holler at me....Got my final roster cuts so if u want to talk trade u better do it tomorrow cause im sending it in..
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #700 on: October 08, 2015, 04:18:38 PM »

Offline Kwhit10

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 923
Wrecking Crew Cut Down Roster (16 players):
Trey Burke
Michael Carter Williams
Mike Conley
Gary Neal
Marco Belinelli
Lou Williams
Mario Hezonja (new)
Wes Mathews (new)
LeBron James
Mirza Teletovic
Channing Frye
Tiago Splitter
Kosta Koufos
Timofey Mozgov
Brook Lopez
Al Horford

DROP
Jonathan Holmes
Cedi Osman
James Macadoo
Kevin Seraphin

« Reply #701 on: October 09, 2015, 04:12:42 PM »

Offline BDubs

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 54
  • Can a brother get some Tommy points!
Juggernauts Roster:

PG:  Stephen Curry
PG:  Elfrid Peyton
SG:  Avery Bradley
SG:  Justise Winslow
SF:  Iman Shumpert
SF:  Giannis Antetokounmpo
PF:  Myles Turner
PF:  Tristan Thompson
C. :  Omer Asik
C. :  Alex Len
Utl:  Rajon Rondo
Bn:  Willie Cauley-Stein
Bn: Jae Crowder
Bn: Kelly Oubre
Bn:  Adrien Payne
Bn:  Rondae Hollis-Jefferson

Cuts:

Jason Smith
Lucas Nogueira
Perry Jones

« Reply #702 on: October 09, 2015, 08:45:04 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
In case anyone missed it via PM, email, carrier pigeon, mind-meld, etc.:

1. Cutdown Date is Oct. 20 --- Your team needs to be down to 16 players by 10 pm on Tuesday Oct. 20 (that's just under 2 weeks). See #4 way down at the end of this PM for info about the IL spot.

a. You will do this by posting your roster + any cuts in the main league thread or in a PM to me, or email (though I prefer to keep things on CBlog). Something like:

Boston Celtics keep:
Fred Roberts
John Bagely
Dee Brown
Dino Radja
Conner Henry
Thomas Hamilton

Boston Celtics cut:
Larry Bird
Paul Pierce
Kevin Garnett

b. Once you post your roster in the thread I will consider it finalized and you cannot make any more trades. This is to avoid the confusion of a team posting a roster now, then another in 4 days with 3 different players. You have 2 weeks -- there's no rush to do it right now unless your roster is finalized AND you want to shut down the possibility to trade. One GM has posted his roster before this warning -- i'll allow a grace period until noon on Oct. 7 to remove it if he wants to keep trading an option.

c. If you don't cut your roster down by 10pm on the 20th, I'll do it for you -- with some help from whoever is in the thread. I'll probably cut your lowest O-Ranked guys, but don't leave it up to me...do it yourself  ;D

2. Selecting your keepers on Yahoo! --- As part of cutting down your roster and to save me a lot of time, you also need to go onto your Yahoo! team page and click the "choose your keepers" link in the big blue box at the top of your team page.

This will bring you to a page with the 16 players that were on your roster at the end of last season.

You will then check the "KEEPER" box next to any of the 16 players from last season that are on your 16-man cut down roster. You will not check the box for any players from last year you have traded away or intend to drop. Then click the "set keepers" link/box at the bottom of the page.

EXAMPLE: I traded Chase Budinger to Eja this summer. He will NOT be checked on my roster. Additionally I obviously can't check Gerald Green or Patrick Beverly -- two of the players I got in that trade.

All this is is a way to save me the time of having to add all 320 players manually
(20 teams x 16 players). If everyone does this I'll just have to manually assign ~70-80 players: those that were drafted and kept (max 40, more likely to be 20-30 players) and players who were traded -- probably another 30 players.

« Reply #703 on: October 09, 2015, 08:50:12 PM »

• Rajon Rondo

1. T-Ham started the first Celtics game I ever saw in Boston. Was on spring break visiting friends and splurged for 3rd row seats behind the bench. Got there an hour early and just walked around the arena taking pictures.

2. Hamilton dunked in that game. A thunderous :) jam that I semi-caught on film. Actual film, not a cell phone.

3. After we won the title in 2008, I called into WEEI -- from my driveway in Gainesville, Fla. at like 1 am. I got on the air after like a 45 min wait and rambled but finished, choking back some dust that was in the air, saying soemthign like "...this was for all of us who stuck with the team for 20 years, who know who Thomas Hamilton is, who never stoped believing in the Celtics."

I guess maybe Thomas Hamilton is my spirit animal.

« Reply #704 on: October 09, 2015, 09:29:21 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale

1. T-Ham started the first Celtics game I ever saw in Boston. Was on spring break visiting friends and splurged for 3rd row seats behind the bench. Got there an hour early and just walked around the arena taking pictures.

2. Hamilton dunked in that game. A thunderous :) jam that I semi-caught on film. Actual film, not a cell phone.

3. After we won the title in 2008, I called into WEEI -- from my driveway in Gainesville, Fla. at like 1 am. I got on the air after like a 45 min wait and rambled but finished, choking back some dust that was in the air, saying soemthign like "...this was for all of us who stuck with the team for 20 years, who know who Thomas Hamilton is, who never stoped believing in the Celtics."

I guess maybe Thomas Hamilton is my spirit animal.

I hear ya GC. I remember the days of Thomas Hamilton, Brett Szabo, Team Captain Rick Fox, Eric Montross, Greg Minor, never nervous Pervis, David Wesley, etc. The Garden was so empty in those days that my cousin and I used to show up and get 10 dollar tickets on game days at the box office, and walk to the players parking lot where there was zero security, and just chat with the players as they came in. I remember talking to Pervis for about 30 minutes while he sat in his used old white Jeep, and David Wesley carrying his sneakers in his hands coming off the green line and walking us into the players entrance to the building with him. There were rough times on the court, but there were benefits too.