Author Topic: GC's Yahoo! H2H League 2015-16 thread: League is LIVE on Yahoo! Go there!  (Read 169494 times)

Re: GC's Yahoo! H2H League 2015-16 thread: Cutdown date = Oct. 20
« Reply #675 on: October 01, 2015, 12:46:32 PM »

Offline mkogav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 537
Guys, guys, guys...

Quote from: Chris Dempsey
Malone on Jokic: "...He does things every practice that make you say 'Wow, this kid has a chance to be a helluva player.'"

Quote from: Rotoworld
He looked like one of those players at Summer League. Jokic projects as a stretch four and was taking treys at Summer League. He also had 1.4 blocks per game and can help out in that area, too. He could make a fantasy impact with just 20-24 minutes, which could happen this season.

Mk

Sickness, insanity and death were the angels that surrounded my cradle and they have followed me throughout my life - Edvard Munch

DKC Knicks

« Reply #676 on: October 01, 2015, 12:51:53 PM »

Offline The Walker Wiggle

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 758
  • Pretend Hinkie
Looking at everyone roster, it look like that there will be some good players that will be on the waiver list..so with that saying, Im at 16 with my roster and just wait till the waiver period open up to tweek my roster..

Or not? If I’m playing the odds you’ll spend your first claim on E’twaun Moore. I’ll probably take a flier on James Anderson now that he’s back in the L. Everyone is eager to make those first fall waiver claims, but it's all so much over thinking. Marc Gasol is a once in a decade signing.

2008 (Our inaugural season, also the last time career starters were available on the waiver wire.)
1. Marc Gasol - MK
2. Gerald Green - Ya'll Hate
3. C.J. Miles - TWW
4. Mike James - Kwhit10
5. Luc Richard Mbah a Moute - Birdman (Available again!)
6. Bruce Bowen -Celtsrp33
7. Zaza Pachulia - Roy Hobbs
8. Antoine Wright - Ya'll Hate

1. Josh Childress - MK
2. Linas Kleiza - TWW
3. Nikola Pekovic - Champkind
4. T.J. Ford - Designated Drinkers
5. Chuck Hayes - Birdman
6. Joel Anthony - KG All-Stars
7. Timofey Mozgov - MK (Nobody else is MK.)
8. Jeff Foster - TWW

1. David Andersen - TWW (I was all in on this guy!)
2. Carlos Delfino - Roy Hobbs
3. Ersan Ilyasova - MK (MK!)
4. Rasho Nesterovic - Gomesfan
5. Kurt Thomas - TWW (Still a favorite.)
6. Pops Mensah-Bonsu - MK (Even MK can't always be MK.)

2011 (The lockout shortened season when only three of us bothered to check the calendar.)
1. James Anderson - TWW (Just wait)
2. Shelden Williams - Birdman (Still feeling chuffed?)
3. Marquis Daniels - Toine's Boys
4. Devin Ebanks - TWW
5. Keyon Dooling - Toine's Boys
6. Kyle Singler - Toine's Boys
7. E'Twuan Moore - Toine's Boys

2012 (For those who missed it, the year your favorite manager briefly quit in a huff over a Tyrus Thomas-for-a-future-second cut down day deal voided because of a personal grudge.)
1. Tyrus Thomas - TWW (Hey, he's fooled plenty of highly payed GMs in his day.)
2. Alexy Shved - Ya'll Hate (Would've been my pick too.)
3. Mario Chalmers - Roy Hobbs
4. Boris Diaw - Rondo2287
5. Jae Crowder - Kwhit
6. Mirza Teletovic - MK
7. Nate Robinson - Gainesville Celtics
8. Tyler Hansbrough - Lucky17
9. A.J. Price - Jared
10. Alonzo Gee - CeltsRP33
11. E'Twuan Moore - Toine's Boys
12. Jordan Hamilton - Ya'll Hate

1. Omri Casspi - Designated Drinkers
2. Vitor Faverani - MK
3. James Anderson - TWW (By my count, five of these guys have fallen out of the league already.)
4. Luigi Datome - Toine’s Boys
5. Chase Budinger - Juggernauts
6. Marquis Teague - LarryBird17
7. Kendrick Perkins - Designated Drinkers

1. Arnett Moultrie - Designated Drinkers
2. Bojan Bogdanovic - Rusted Rims
3. Solomon Hill - Champkind
4. Chris Copeland - Birdman
5. Kostas Papanikolaou - Toine’s Boys
6. James Ennis - MK
7. P.J. Hairston - EJA
8. Andre Roberson - Jared
9. Glen Rice Jr. - Gainesville Celtics
10. Chase Budinger - TWW
11. Ray McCallum - Juggernauts

To recap, Gainesville Celtics #1 waiver claim is available in trade.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2015, 06:27:57 PM by The Walker Wiggle »

« Reply #677 on: October 01, 2015, 01:06:19 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

To be fair, high-level fantasy players like Danny and Draymond Green were available on the waiver wire during those periods, it's just that no one was savvy enough to pick them up til later in the season.  But yeah, the first wave of pickups doesn't have a very good track record.

« Reply #678 on: October 01, 2015, 01:07:19 PM »

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
I had to look up who Antoine Wright was....

Jordan Hamilton - I was convinced he could be something.  Nope.

« Reply #679 on: October 01, 2015, 04:26:05 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
Oh man, did I really take Etwaun Moore off waivers two years in a row? My whole list of waiver pickups is bad, but that's even worse than usual!

« Reply #680 on: October 01, 2015, 04:31:29 PM »

Offline mkogav

• Jim Loscutoff
2008 (Our inaugural season, also the last time career starters were available on the waiver wire.)
Marc Gasol - MK

Josh Childress - MK
Timofey Mozgov - MK (Nobody else is MK.)

Ersan Ilyasova - MK (MK!)
Pops Mensah-Bonsu - MK (Even MK can't always be MK.)

Mirza Teletovic - MK

Vitor Faverani - MK

James Ennis - MK

Major props to TWW for digging all this good stuff up!!!

It looks like I keep trying to recreate that first Gasol pick-up over and over, but getting worse results each time. If u count Mirza as a net gain (Mirza was pretty much a bust his first season, but has become a decent FBB player for deep  leagues), the UF are batting .500 (4-8)

Mk

P.S. I still have high hopes for James Ennis.

P.P.S. Not so much for Vitor

Sickness, insanity and death were the angels that surrounded my cradle and they have followed me throughout my life - Edvard Munch

DKC Knicks

« Reply #681 on: October 01, 2015, 04:44:14 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 413
I though I hit a homerun with Chris Copeland as he started out great..then he just fell off the face of the Earth...Chuck Hayes had some ups and downs...the other 2 didn't fair too good for me  :(
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #682 on: October 01, 2015, 05:25:23 PM »

Offline Gainesville Celtic

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1331
  • Ainge *still* has a Posse! Ubuntu Y'all
Major props to TWW for digging all this good stuff up!!!

Props? More like major poops for TWW's historical revisionism!

Looking at everyone roster, it look like that there will be some good players that will be on the waiver list..so with that saying, Im at 16 with my roster and just wait till the waiver period open up to tweek my roster..

Or not? If I’m playing the odds you’ll spend your first claim on E’twaun Moore. I’ll probably take a flier on James Anderson now that he’s back in the L. Everyone is eager to make those first fall waiver claims, but it's all so much over thinking. Marc Gasol is a once in a decade signing.

Jordan Hamilton - Gainesville Celtics
Omri Casspi - Designated Drinkers
Vitor Faverani - MK
James Anderson - TWW (By my count, five of these guys have fallen out of the league already.)
Luigi Datome - Toine’s Boys
Chase Budinger - Juggernauts
Marquis Teague - LarryBird17
Kendrick Perkins - Designated Drinkers
Mike Dunleavy - TWW

1. Jordan Hamilton was not the first waiver claim. I came in 7th the year before and didn't make a claim in the 1st round of adds. Lucky gave me *JUSTIN* Hamilton instead of *JORDAN* when he uploaded the rosters. So that "add" was a commish roster correction. Thankfully we've solved that problem by running L17 out of the league....

2. TWW conveniently left off his 2nd WW add that year during the first WW period: Mike Dumbleavy.

3. Also left out -- this FA gem made the morning after the first waiver adds (10:03 am after the first waiver adds at 3:22 am):

Khris Middleton (Mil - SF,PF)    Add   Free Agents   Gainesville Celtics

I still remember making the that add as we waited at a city park for friends.

To recap, Gainesville Celtics #1 waiver claim is available in trade.

It is but I've got my eye on a this year's David Andersen... so will you have enough wooden nickels to pry him loose??

Also I'd argue that about 19-22 of the 59 guys -- or about 33% --- TWW listed were at least relevant the year they were added (i.e. James Anderson that one year) or have developed into rosterable players (lots of guys Green, Teletovic, Crowder, etc.). While the top picks aren't great, there's lots of talent to be had.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2015, 05:37:58 PM by Gainesville Celtic »
GC's Yahoo! H2h League: Gainesville Celtics: 2014, 2016, 2017 Champs!

GC's Yahoo! H2h League permanent website (offseason roster, constitution, etc.) * Lucky was framed!

« Reply #683 on: October 01, 2015, 05:26:31 PM »

• Rajon Rondo
Guys, guys, guys...

Quote from: Chris Dempsey
Malone on Jokic: "...He does things every practice that make you say 'Wow, this kid has a chance to be a helluva player.'"

Quote from: Rotoworld
He looked like one of those players at Summer League. Jokic projects as a stretch four and was taking treys at Summer League. He also had 1.4 blocks per game and can help out in that area, too. He could make a fantasy impact with just 20-24 minutes, which could happen this season.

Mk

Someone -- Champkind maybe? -- should name their team "Mk <3 Jokic + Morrow!"

GC's Yahoo! H2h League permanent website (offseason roster, constitution, etc.) * Lucky was framed!

« Reply #684 on: October 01, 2015, 06:45:53 PM »

Offline The Walker Wiggle

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 758
  • Pretend Hinkie
To be fair, high-level fantasy players like Danny and Draymond Green were available on the waiver wire during those periods, it's just that no one was savvy enough to pick them up til later in the season.  But yeah, the first wave of pickups doesn't have a very good track record.

Oh for sure, managers can change their teams fortunes with savvy wire work. Our most recent champion, GC for one. I'm not sure what lesson can be learned from all of our first night misses? I'll still be up on October 20th agonizing on how to rank my top 8 FAs.

1. Jordan Hamilton was not the first waiver claim. I came in 7th the year before and didn't make a claim in the 1st round of adds. Lucky gave me *JUSTIN* Hamilton instead of *JORDAN* when he uploaded the rosters. So that "add" was a commish roster correction. Thankfully we've solved that problem by running L17 out of the league....

I should've caught that. (Twins.) Fixed now. Omni Casspi is a significantly better top waiver choice, which is, yes, faint praise.

. TWW conveniently left off his 2nd WW add that year during the first WW period: Mike Dumbleavy.

Huh, that's a good pick up and I love a chance to pat myself on the back! I probably didn't want to remember cutting him weeks in, after he opened the season 2/45, before locking in and locking down the Bulls starting SG gig.

« Reply #685 on: October 02, 2015, 12:23:24 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
How the heck do you guys have such specific info on waiver claims from 6-7 years ago?  Do you keep running spreadsheets or something?  I can barely remember who was on my roster at the start of last season.

« Reply #686 on: October 02, 2015, 12:47:56 PM »

• Rajon Rondo
How the heck do you guys have such specific info on waiver claims from 6-7 years ago?  Do you keep running spreadsheets or something?  I can barely remember who was on my roster at the start of last season.

hahah no you can go back and look at the previous years' transactions -- via the yahoo pages.

« Reply #687 on: October 02, 2015, 01:14:16 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most

hahah no you can go back and look at the previous years' transactions -- via the yahoo pages.

Huh, when I go to transactions it just tells me "no recent transactions" with no option for past years.  Doesn't really matter though, it's not the sort of thing I'd be looking through.  Just curious.

« Reply #688 on: October 02, 2015, 02:06:07 PM »

Offline mkogav

• Jim Loscutoff

Huh, when I go to transactions it just tells me "no recent transactions" with no option for past years.  Doesn't really matter though, it's not the sort of thing I'd be looking through.  Just curious.

You have to change the season first, at the top right side to the page, e.g. 2008. Then click 'view all' on transactions.

Mk

DKC Knicks

« Reply #689 on: October 02, 2015, 02:44:24 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most

You have to change the season first, at the top right side to the page, e.g. 2008. Then click 'view all' on transactions.

Mk

Thanks - I never noticed that drop-down.  TP for the info.