Author Topic: GC's Yahoo! H2H League 2015-16 thread: League is LIVE on Yahoo! Go there!  (Read 169403 times)

Re: GC's Yahoo! H2H League 2015-16 thread: Reopened for business!
« Reply #135 on: June 30, 2015, 02:35:57 PM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1796
  • The Dude Abides

haha I feel like FORCING some of the teams that were bellyaching for me to lift the moratorium to make a drn trade!  ;D ::)

I think the restriction on not trading future 1s, is clogging the trade pipeline.

Mk

I can't speak for others, but its true in my case. I've had some preliminary discussion with a few GMs but don't want to take it further until that restriction on picks is lifted.
"An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching." - M.K. Gandhi

« Reply #136 on: June 30, 2015, 02:37:03 PM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • The Dude Abides
Updated rosters of all the teams would help too.

« Reply #137 on: June 30, 2015, 02:43:50 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

haha I feel like FORCING some of the teams that were bellyaching for me to lift the moratorium to make a drn trade!  ;D ::)

I think the restriction on not trading future 1s, is clogging the trade pipeline.

Mk

I can't speak for others, but its true in my case. I've had some preliminary discussion with a few GMs but don't want to take it further until that restriction on picks is lifted.

I third or fourth or fifth this. I know I'm basically in standstill until the restriction on 2016 picks is lifted

« Reply #138 on: June 30, 2015, 02:44:02 PM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • The Dude Abides
I can't access the website GC created for this league. Seems to be down.

« Reply #139 on: June 30, 2015, 02:47:47 PM »

Offline Gainesville Celtic

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1331
  • Ainge *still* has a Posse! Ubuntu Y'all

I just got to it no problem:

http://www.10thumbs.org/h2h/

http://www.10thumbs.org/h2h/2015-offseason-rosters/
GC's Yahoo! H2h League: Gainesville Celtics: 2014, 2016, 2017 Champs!

GC's Yahoo! H2h League permanent website (offseason roster, constitution, etc.) * Lucky was framed!

« Reply #140 on: June 30, 2015, 02:50:46 PM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • The Dude Abides

Thanks. These two work.

I had clicked the link in your signature, but that doesn't.

« Reply #141 on: June 30, 2015, 03:01:32 PM »

• Rajon Rondo

Mk

and thus my interest in having the moratorium... :)

I was always in favor of leaving the league hibernate in the summer for a few reasons:

1. May/June/July are my busiest months of the year.

2. My experience is that only a handful of GMs are plugged in to this league in the offseason so the trading is among those 6-7 GMs --- closing down/skewing opportunities.

3. The future picks trade restriction that appears to be clogging some discussions now (Honestly I've only started picking apart my roster so i've been reluctant just out of due dilligence).

-------

The only tweak/solution to the future firsts thing might be to move our Rookie Draft up from mid-September to mid-August. This would allow for (a) 2016 picks to be dealt a little sooner and (b) allow for more time post-draft for teams to trade in advance of the early Oct. cutdown date:

July 1-20 --- IRL free agency and summer league

mid-Aug --- Our rookie draft

mid Aug / Sept. / mid Oct -- about 2 months to make trades before the cutdown date.

This would require amending the constitution though.

(FWIW, I think the main reason for not holding our rookie draft sooner was that Celticsblog Draft (original recipie) usually took up July + Aug for many GMs. Sadly CBD seems to be no more, so it may be less of an issue now).

GC's Yahoo! H2h League permanent website (offseason roster, constitution, etc.) * Lucky was framed!

« Reply #142 on: June 30, 2015, 03:03:17 PM »

• Rajon Rondo

Thanks. These two work.

I had clicked the link in your signature, but that doesn't.

sorry about that ... fixed it.

« Reply #143 on: June 30, 2015, 04:15:15 PM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • The Dude Abides
2. My experience is that only a handful of GMs are plugged in to this league in the offseason so the trading is among those 6-7 GMs --- closing down/skewing opportunities.

Isn't the points league that way? But most GMs engage in trade talks via email even if they aren't active on this blog (and some aren't active at all - doesn't matter which month of the year). Points league has had a flurry of trades.

« Reply #144 on: June 30, 2015, 04:36:19 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

Isn't the points league that way? But most GMs engage in trade talks via email even if they aren't active on this blog (and some aren't active at all - doesn't matter which month of the year). Points league has had a flurry of trades.

I think you have a hard time finding more than 7 GMs actively engaged in the league at any one time of the year anyway, even during the season. About 10-13 GMs just pop in and out once in a while as the norm

« Reply #145 on: June 30, 2015, 04:44:34 PM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • The Dude Abides

I think you have a hard time finding more than 7 GMs actively engaged in the league at any one time of the year anyway, even during the season. About 10-13 GMs just pop in and out once in a while as the norm

« Reply #146 on: June 30, 2015, 04:50:19 PM »

• Rajon Rondo

my 2 cents:

I'll disagree slightly... We usually have a full contingent at the draft and most are active between then and cutdown day.

I think most teams have been actively engaged in season -- even if some choose not to make trades and/or be as active as others on the waiver wire.

-------

The points league has historically been more trade heavy i think.

Primarily i think it's the the nature of the league --- ie. there's only one way to win: get the most points; while in h2h there are infinite combinations that allow teams to compete.

There have also been a couple GMs who for better-or-worse (mostly better) are serial traders which turns over the player pool(s) quicker i think.

« Reply #147 on: July 01, 2015, 11:45:03 AM »

Offline Kwhit10

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 923
I'm silent on the boards mostly but always respond to pm and emails (email is way better to reach me since this site doesn't have a mobile version).   The 2016 picks thing is holding up one of my trades as well.

But I do check the forums everyday,  just it's a pain posting large swaths of text on this site from mobile.

« Reply #148 on: July 02, 2015, 04:56:36 PM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • The Dude Abides
Kevin Love is available (as you all know since I've sent out a mass PM).

But if you're stupid enough to offer me TJ Warren and CJ McCollum, please reserve that mine of gold for someone else and don't waste my time.

I'm sure you think you are better than anyone else on this board when it comes to fantasy basketball, but I'm the wrong audience to advertise your genius. Danke!

« Reply #149 on: July 02, 2015, 05:16:33 PM »

Offline DinoGanga

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 31
I mean to post that half joke comment about tj warren and CJ McCollum onthe league website but I must have screwed that up and sent just to you. I assure you I was not offering them for kevin love. So yes that was an idiot mistake. I was excited that they may both start. I know they aren't worth much. I was also kidding calling love Cleveland's back up PF.

I will say that I have been offered probably 30 trades almost as bad as that one, and never once did I throw a fit over it.

I hope youre not the guy who Cc's his boss when calling out a fellow employee.

I was just drumming up trade interest in my guys. My apologies I did not mean to upset you.

2016 CelticsBlog Draft: Washington Wizards

PG: Darren Collison / Elfrid Payton / Tim Frazier
SG: Avery Bradley / Seth Curry
SF: Jae Crowder / Shaun Kilpatrick / Marcus Thornton
PF: LeBron James / Derrick Williams / JJ Hickson
C: Jusuf Nurkic / Meyers Leonard / Nikola Pekovic