Author Topic: GC's Yahoo! H2H League 2015-16 thread: League is LIVE on Yahoo! Go there!  (Read 168743 times)

Re: GC's Yahoo! H2H League 2015-16 thread: The offseason is nigh!
« Reply #60 on: June 02, 2015, 08:25:34 AM »

Offline mkogav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 537
Sneaky FBB Playoff Waiver Pick-ups

About 1/2-2/3d of these players wont pan-out and will be waived by the season opener. However, I believe a couple will have an impact next season.

In no particular order:

"Moose" Muscala - Utah Flash - 7' center who can hit the 3 ball. Did I mention his 18 PER this season?
Nikola Jokic - The Bad Dream Team - Sigh....

I love Muscala. He was my first and only DKCnicks draft pick before I burned out. I was jealous of the pick up.

Jokic! My consolation prize along with my TURD place trophy for getting bounced again by the Flash. I'm excited that the Nuggets are bringing him over for next season. If Faried gets dealt (!?) in the process all the better.

Moose for Jokic swap?

Btw, I'm waiting for GC's very patient, yet forceful post, e.g. "These deals going down are not binding. NOT BINDING. STOP MAKING SO MANY DEALS. Hibernation, people! HIBERNATION!!!!"

Btw, I checked the TWW's totals for the 3d place match-up, he would have beaten us both in the finals. I guess that I don't feel so bad considering he lost out on title #3 by 1 3ptr or 1 steal.

Build me up, then knock me back down, huh?

;)

Mk

Sickness, insanity and death were the angels that surrounded my cradle and they have followed me throughout my life - Edvard Munch

DKC Knicks

Re: GC's Yahoo! H2H League 2015-16 thread: Hibernation mode til late-Aug.
« Reply #61 on: June 02, 2015, 09:11:27 AM »

Offline Gainesville Celtic

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1331
  • Ainge *still* has a Posse! Ubuntu Y'all

haha... in all seriousness June is gonna be terrible for me. But I may open things up in mid-july, we'll see.
GC's Yahoo! H2h League: Gainesville Celtics: 2014, 2016, 2017 Champs!

GC's Yahoo! H2h League permanent website (offseason roster, constitution, etc.) * Lucky was framed!

« Reply #62 on: June 02, 2015, 09:49:01 AM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

haha... in all seriousness June is gonna be terrible for me. But I may open things up in mid-july, we'll see.

Mid-July would be awesome! Hopefully Eja can keep track of all of his trades until then!

This is the commish's office once trading opens up again:

« Reply #63 on: June 02, 2015, 11:36:29 AM »

• Rajon Rondo
TP.  ^^ that's already what my office *feels* like

GC's Yahoo! H2h League permanent website (offseason roster, constitution, etc.) * Lucky was framed!

« Reply #64 on: June 02, 2015, 12:19:00 PM »

Offline mkogav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 537

Mid-July would be awesome! Hopefully Eja can keep track of all of his trades until then!

This is the commish's office once trading opens up again:

I agree that Mid-July would be fantastic... or perhaps July 1st (post Finals & Draft).

It's your call of course GC, but IMO if people want to make binding deals over the summer, perhaps there is a way to make this happen.

U mentioned that u are very busy over the summer. I am not suggesting to implement this now, but maybe for next year. I have a suggestion which would offload u, while keeping checks & balances alive during the summer months.

The idea is an off-season trade council, which would be comprised of 4 voluntary (active) & approved-by-you members, plus yourself. The council would be be able to approve trades and update the google docs & web site transaction log, etc... to keep the record keeping current (or perhaps log all deals somewhere for reference and u update it in the fall).

The off-season trade process:

1. Starts on July 1st. Ends on Sept 1st (or whenever u chose to start up in the fall)

2. Agreed upon trades must be submitted by both trade partners to all 5 members of the trade council.

3. All 5 members do not need to approve trades, only two non-GC members or just yourself. The ideas is that at least two of the 5 members would be online daily or so, to handle any transactions.

4. If the trade council does not believe a trade is in the best interest of the league or if they find an issue with the deal, they can not reject that trade, but only pend it until the fall or when GC aka u are available to make a final judgement.

5. Trades by council members can only be approved by GC or two council members not involved in the trade.

Example,

• TB agrees to send James Ennis to the UF for the UF 2016 #1.
  • Both GMs PM this deal to the council.
  • Trade council member Eja and YH are online at the time. They each PM back to everyone on the confirm PM that they are reviewing the proposal and verifying the assets being traded
  • After reviewing, Eja and YH PM each other with their thoughts, where Eja notes that Mk has lost his mind b/c he already sent the UF 2016 #1 to MMSB for Donald Sloan.
  • Eja replies back to on the Trade Conf PM that the deal is pended b/c UF doesn't own his 2016 #1.
  • TB & UF revise their deal to, TB sends James Ennis and the UF send Jordan McRae and the UF 2016 #2.
  • Trade council member Eja and YH reply back to everyone on the confirm PM that they are reviewing the proposal and verifying the assets being traded again
  • Everything looks good this time. They both approve the deal by posting it on the CB thread and updating both the roster doc and transaction log.

Thoughts?

Mk

Sickness, insanity and death were the angels that surrounded my cradle and they have followed me throughout my life - Edvard Munch

DKC Knicks

« Reply #65 on: June 02, 2015, 01:40:39 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Yeah, but 95% of that is LarBrd33 offering you second rounders for your best player

« Reply #66 on: June 07, 2015, 05:11:09 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Yeah, but 95% of that is LarBrd33 offering you second rounders for your best player
heyyooooo

« Reply #67 on: June 10, 2015, 04:01:27 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
still looking to cut a deal or two

« Reply #68 on: June 10, 2015, 04:48:01 PM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1796
  • The Dude Abides
Is there a link to google spreadsheet for this league as well? I'm having issues with Yahoo app. Can't access it.
"An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching." - M.K. Gandhi

« Reply #69 on: June 10, 2015, 05:12:44 PM »

• Rajon Rondo
Is there a link to google spreadsheet for this league as well? I'm having issues with Yahoo app. Can't access it.

Sorry BFM it's the next thing to do on my offseason to-do list (which i will be able to do no later than next week): upload the offseason rosters.

Those will be on the year-round league site <www.10thumbs.org/h2h > instead of a google doc, hope that's not a major pain. (the rosters up there now were from last year though...)

« Reply #70 on: June 10, 2015, 05:15:40 PM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • The Dude Abides

Sorry BFM it's the next thing to do on my offseason to-do list (which i will be able to do no later than next week): upload the offseason rosters.

Those will be on the year-round league site <www.10thumbs.org/h2h > instead of a google doc, hope that's not a major pain. (the rosters up there now were from last year though...)

No rush. I'll just wait for this darn app to work again. :)

« Reply #71 on: June 10, 2015, 06:09:50 PM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • The Dude Abides
I would like it if the moratorium on trade activity was lifted after the NBA draft takes place.

July and August will be very busy period for me. So I'd like to be able to make a trade or two while I have this free time.

I don't want to agree to a deal with a GM after all the back and forth and then weeks later get a PM telling me that a better offer has come along now and I'm rescinding our deal that was done weeks ago. Nor do I want to be the guy who sends that kind of PM to someone else.

« Reply #72 on: June 10, 2015, 09:17:43 PM »

• Rajon Rondo
I would like it if the moratorium on trade activity was lifted after the NBA draft takes place.

July and August will be very busy period for me. So I'd like to be able to make a trade or two while I have this free time.

I don't want to agree to a deal with a GM after all the back and forth and then weeks later get a PM telling me that a better offer has come along now and I'm rescinding our deal that was done weeks ago. Nor do I want to be the guy who sends that kind of PM to someone else.

I may open things up sooner but i want to make sure all the other parts (offseason rosters, picks, etc.) are all set up.

June is the most crazy month for me. But I'll do my best. I should have some time next week so watch for announcements then about liftnig the moratorium.

« Reply #73 on: June 10, 2015, 09:21:19 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

I may open things up sooner but i want to make sure all the other parts (offseason rosters, picks, etc.) are all set up.

June is the most crazy month for me. But I'll do my best. I should have some time next week so watch for announcements then about liftnig the moratorium.

Thanks GC , your effort to try and open up the offseason action by the end of the month would be much appreciated.

« Reply #74 on: June 11, 2015, 09:04:39 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
eja's thoughts for his team.....possibly trade the 19,20,22 picks for a first and 2nd next year. Aiming for like maybe the 13 range next year

Trade down from the 3rd to like the 7th or so and pick up picks next year and maybe another later pick this year.

Move players on team for picks next year