Author Topic: End of Season Decisions  (Read 6193 times)

Re: End of Season Decisions
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2015, 10:54:49 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 550
Since this is related the Heat are resting Whiteside, Deng, Wade and Dragic tonight (starting his brother) in a last ditch effort to not give their pick to the 76ers (who they are playing). I don't really know what to say on them doing this on the heels of playing Deng 40 minutes. I realize they had literally a 2% chance still during the magic game, but this is quite the course reversal for essentially the same situation.
Sixers sat Noel and Ish Smith. Heat sitting players may not matter. That Sixers team that is playing tonight could get beat by a D League team
Noel has missed the last few games with a sprained ankle.  Its funny seeing Ish Smith sitting out portrayed as a tanking move. 

Re: End of Season Decisions
« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2015, 11:33:01 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Since this is related the Heat are resting Whiteside, Deng, Wade and Dragic tonight (starting his brother) in a last ditch effort to not give their pick to the 76ers (who they are playing). I don't really know what to say on them doing this on the heels of playing Deng 40 minutes. I realize they had literally a 2% chance still during the magic game, but this is quite the course reversal for essentially the same situation.
Sixers sat Noel and Ish Smith. Heat sitting players may not matter. That Sixers team that is playing tonight could get beat by a D League team
Noel has missed the last few games with a sprained ankle.  Its funny seeing Ish Smith sitting out portrayed as a tanking move.
I wasn't saying the Sixers were sitting them to tank jut that they were sitting them and therefore, that Sixers team would be shorthanded and super bad. Turns out I was right. Even playing only 6 players the Heat won.