Author Topic: Celtics (39-42) at Bucks (41-40) Game #82 4/15/15  (Read 30587 times)

Celtics (39-42) at Bucks (41-40) Game #82 4/15/15
« on: April 14, 2015, 11:14:51 PM »

Offline FLCeltsFan

• Kendrick Perkins #1 Fan
  • Author
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 11842
  • Marcus Smart Fan!
  at 
Boston Celtics (39-42) at Milwaukee Bucks (41-40)
Wednesday, April 15, 2015
8:00 PM ET
Regular Season Game #82, Road Game #41
TV: CSN-NE, FSNWI, NBA-LP 756(DTV)/752(xfinity)
Radio: 98.5 Sports Hub, WTMJ
BMO Harris Bradley Center

Probable Starters
PG SG SF
PF C
Marcus Smart...Evan Turner...Jae Crowder...Brandon Bass...Tyler Zeller

Celtics Reserves
Gerald Wallace
Jared Sullinger
Chris Babb
James Young
Phil Pressey
Shavlik Randolph
Isaiah Thomas
Jonas Jerebko
Gigi Datome
Kelly Olynyk

Injuries
Avery Bradley (calf)  out

Head Coach
Brad Stevens

Probable Starters
PG SG SF
PF C
Michael Carter-Williams...Khris Middleton...Giannis Antetokounmpo...Ersan Ilyasova...Zaza Pachulia

Bucks Reserves
Jerryd Bayless
Tyler Ennis
Jared Dudley
John Henson
OJ Mayo
Johnny O'Bryant
Miles Plumlee

Injuries

Damon Inglis (ankle) out
Jabari Parker (knee) out

Head Coach

Jason Kidd

Game Notes
The Celtics close out the regular season with a visit to the Milwaukee Bucks.  The Bucks lead the series 2-0 with one win at home and one win in Boston.  The Celtics have won 5 straight and are looking to close out the season on a strong note.  The Bucks are set in the 6th spot and will more than likely rest some of their players.

The Celtics are set in the 7th spot for the playoffs and Brad Stevens has said that he will also probably rest some of the Celtics in this one.  Avery Bradley left the game against the Raptors with an injury and won't make the trip.   Expect to see some James Young and possibly Chris Babb and Gigi Datome in this one.

The Celtics are playing in their final back to back of the season.  They are 12-5 in the second of back to back games this season and have won 10 of their last 11.  They have prided themselves on their effort in these games.  It will be fun to see if they can close the season out with yet another win in the second of back to back games. 

I have no idea who will actually play or start in this one and so the starting lineups are just a guess.   Both teams will make finishing the game without any injuries a priority.

Key Matchups
vs
Marcus Smart vs Michael Carter-Williams
Carter-Williams is averaging 14.4 points, 5.4 rebounds and 6.7 assists for the season.   He has had 3 triple doubles this season, but all before the trade to Milwaukee.   At 6'6", the presents a matchup problem for many teams at the point.  Evan Turner may guard him if Smart can't keep him in check. 

vs
Jae Crowder vs Giannis Antetokounmpo
The Greek Freak, as Antetokounmpo is called, has been playing very well and will be a challenge for Jae, if he plays that is.   He is averaging 12.8 points, 6.8 rebounds, and 2.5 assists and is tough to matchup with on both ends of the court.   If this is indeed the matchup at the starting forward, it will be a good test for Crowder on the defensive end. 

Keys to the Game
Run and Move the Ball - The Celtics play so well when they run and keep up a fast pace throughout the game. When they slow it down, they get into trouble. The also have to move the ball and find the open man. When they start over dribbling and try to do too much individually, they struggle.

Take Care of the Ball - The Celtics at times get careless with the ball and turnovers can bury them. The Celtics have to take care of the ball and not give the Bucks easy points off turnovers.

Rebound - Rebounding is mostly effort and desire and the Celtics need to have both and they need to crash the boards as a team. They play best when the guards, along with the front line, go after every rebound.

Be Aggressive - The Celtics need to be aggressive on defense, in going after loose balls and rebounds, and in driving to the hoop. They have to be the team that plays harder and wants the win more.

Defense - Defense is always the key to winning. The Celtics have got to concentrate on getting stops and on defending the Bucks in the paint as well as on the perimeter.  As Brad Stevens said, they need to have a defensive DNA and play tough team defense for 48 minutes.

X-Factors
Who Plays and No Injuries

The key to this game will be to play hard but to avoid any injuries that may linger into the playoffs.  It will be important to play the right way, but to avoid injuries.

Re: Celtics (39-42) at Bucks (41-40) Game #82 4/15/15
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2015, 11:16:07 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Going for 40 wins. Let's do it.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2015, 11:16:13 PM »

Offline GetLucky

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 349
Go Cs! Close it out strong!

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2015, 07:34:45 AM »

Offline FLCeltsFan

• Kendrick Perkins #1 Fan
  • Author
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 11842
  • Marcus Smart Fan!
And a TP for kozlodoev for the first post in the game thread!!!!

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2015, 07:45:27 AM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367
What a season it has been. Randomly handing out TPs all day in celebration.

I start with FLCF.

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2015, 08:08:18 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
And a TP for kozlodoev for the first post in the game thread!!!!
Which was also a post thart didn't contain criticism of Brad S  ;D ;D ;D
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2015, 08:48:17 AM »

Online hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
tp to flc for the thread. and another tp to koz for his restraint.  ;D

the big four oh is on its way. death, taxes, bad relationships, and celtics victories!!! all are inevitable!

gooooo celitcs!
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2015, 09:13:00 AM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
so we're resting key players...who counts as key players? Besides Bradley

at this point, I'm willing to believe the regular rotation guys are all key players

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2015, 09:44:50 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968

at this point, I'm willing to believe the regular rotation guys are all key players

Wallace is resting .      He does that well.

Standing up and cheering ....can be strenuous work ........maybe not worth millions it's all cracked up to be. :)

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2015, 07:03:00 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji

Wallace is resting .      He does that well.

Standing up and cheering ....can be strenuous work ........maybe not worth millions it's all cracked up to be. :)

Right? ;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tk6Mjg3_eq0

« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2015, 07:04:34 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji
All I want to know is if James Young will actually get a chance to play.  Come on, Brad, it's the last game of the regular season.  Pleeeeeease, lol? ;D

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2015, 07:07:08 PM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 215
What a season it has been. Randomly handing out TPs all day in celebration.

I start with FLCF.
Sure why not. TP to you also Flex.

« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2015, 07:12:20 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
All I want to know is if James Young will actually get a chance to play.  Come on, Brad, it's the last game of the regular season.  Pleeeeeease, lol? ;D

Could help the kid, remember AB had a really nice game when he got a lot of mins in the last game of the season a few seasons ago? It was a chance to just let go and play without any fear of us needing to win. Didn't he scored like 28? I could see JY having a game like that. Maybe Babb can experience the same. Could give them the motivation to work harder so they can experience more minutes next season.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2015, 07:20:05 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
Brad Stevens: Celtics "will go deep into our bench tomorrow night."

ie Young will almost certainly play, we might even see some Babb  ;D

« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2015, 07:21:55 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji

Could help the kid, remember AB had a really nice game when he got a lot of mins in the last game of the season a few seasons ago? It was a chance to just let go and play without any fear of us needing to win. Didn't he scored like 28? I could see JY having a game like that. Maybe Babb can experience the same. Could give them the motivation to work harder so they can experience more minutes next season.

Absolutely, especially since it's not like he's going to see the court at all in the playoffs until we're losing by, say, 20-30 points, lol ;D, and even then it's iffy.  Ugh.  I remember that Bradley game, as well, against the Knicks, and he did have over 20, but I can't remember his output, exactly.  It was good to see, though, I agree, although I must admit that I have no interest in seeing Babb out there, lol. ;D