Author Topic: Should crowder start vs Lebron?  (Read 6485 times)

Re: Should crowder start vs Lebron?
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2015, 11:01:12 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
We lose and wish we had a top 10 pick...ugh.

In hindsight probably, but all things equal I rather a have a shot on an upset and will repeat again if the opportunity presents itself.

« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2015, 11:05:28 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
First couple games we probably get blown out by 20+.  Around game 3, Stevens will find a couple tricks that work and we'll maybe lose by 13.  Game 4, Boston loses steam and gets walloped by 38 points. 

Playoffs, baby!
should be interesting to come back to this after the series to see just how the series plays out. 

« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2015, 11:55:03 AM »

Offline Humble G

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 983
Idk if crowder can hang at all with lebron.

2 interesting candidates are:
1. Bass: he is capable of being a great defender on lebron...shown us before. maybe start Jerebko at the 3 to take turns on lebron and he can also get Love....plus jerebko can shoot

2. Gerald Wallace. CRASH. the ultimate hustler, get him in the beat up lequeen a bit and see what happens. Wallace should be well rested from the entire season. lol

« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2015, 11:55:33 AM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
I would start Gerald Wallace.

« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2015, 12:27:09 PM »

Offline jay

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 50
Start Turner on him, and play Bass/Zeller more at the 5. When LeBron drives, help off of the center and double him. Play Jerebko and Crowder at the 4, keep them on Love.

Having a weaker defender guard him is going to make him want to be a ball hog and maybe he wont be as much of a passer as he is normally. Rotate Smart, Wallace, or Crowder on him some, but play Turner on him mostly and give him tons of help. Will have to crash down and help inside when LeBron drives or when a shot goes up, but helping off their center (their weakest shooter) might be our only chance.

« Reply #35 on: April 15, 2015, 12:35:13 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951
LeBron .....

Hits the Destroy mode ....won't matter

3 -4 quarter ......   we ll play well , or appear to for two quarters , then LeBron steps on pedal and the game goes away from most teams.

Not much anybody on this team can do..THIS YEAR ANYWAY ....

We need KLeonard  , I believe he is the key , if he would come to an Eastern team .    He could help overcome the LBJ advantage.

I think Leonard is the key to stopping LeBron

« Reply #36 on: April 15, 2015, 12:38:42 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Keep the same starting lineup that has been used while winning all these games down the stretch. 

« Reply #37 on: April 15, 2015, 02:50:48 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
I like the idea as well. Will be nice to have him in the rotation to body up on LeBron. Think Turner is too valuable on offense to bench him, though. Agree with others re: Bass... hope to see him get more PT to guard LeBron.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #38 on: April 19, 2015, 01:47:58 PM »

Offline shrinkage36

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 21
How about, guard Lebron normally, and shut everyone else down. Unless he scores 95 points in a win, some players will get their's.

« Reply #39 on: April 19, 2015, 01:55:42 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
I say we'll see him starting game 3 when we're down 0-2  :-[
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #40 on: April 19, 2015, 02:54:02 PM »

Offline jeezem

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 11
I say start by rotating guys on him on defense, and just go with who does the best job and doesn't get a lot of fouls.  as an offensive player, if there is a guy who figures you out, and you see that guy, it can get in your head.  I say don't double team him, let everyone else start standing around and playing the watch Lebron game.  I think there are defensive rotations that confuse Lebron historically, I'd watch a lot of film if I was coaching and figure out why, and exploit that.