Author Topic: Should crowder start vs Lebron?  (Read 6503 times)

Should crowder start vs Lebron?
« on: April 14, 2015, 10:38:55 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
I just think Lebron is too big for Turner . Crowder has the size to at least try to defend Lebron on the post .  I fear Turner would get into foul trouble quick , and foul trouble could take away his much needed play making for our offense .

Re: Should crowder start vs Lebron?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2015, 10:43:13 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
I just think Lebron is too big for Turner . Crowder has the size to at least try to defend Lebron on the post .  I fear Turner would get into foul trouble quick , and foul trouble could take away his much needed play making for our offense .

Lebron will destroy both 1 on 1.  Like Scal said , Celts need to double on him every chance to the team gets.  Let him pass it to someone else, let them beat us.  Also lay off of him and make him beat us with his jump shot which can get shaky

We have to prevent the and 1s as much as possible

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2015, 10:44:06 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
I wish we had Lebron's worse nightmare Leonard right about now.   

If we had Leonard we would have a chance to win this series

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2015, 10:44:11 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1819
Yes, start Crowder and bring Smart off the bench. Play Jerebko as a SF more as well as needed.

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2015, 10:44:49 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge

Lebron will destroy both 1 on 1.  Like Scal said , Celts need to double on him every chance to the team gets.  Let him pass it to someone else, let them beat us.  Also lay off of him and make him beat us with his jump shot which can get shaky

that seems crazy to me , maybe when he is posting up we should double , but if we just double every time Kyrie and Love will destroy us .

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2015, 10:45:44 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
If you're concerned about foul trouble, the one guy with whom you should be concerned is Smart.  Regardless of how great he is defensively, rookies get crapped on in the playoffs, he's a Celtic, and we're playing Lebron.  In Cleveland.  Bradley should be a concern, as well, although at least he has developed some kind of reputation with the officials.  My guess is that Bill Kennedy and the Crawford boys will 'officiate' ::) game one, followed by Salvatore, Malloy, and Mauer in game 2.  Not that it matters of course, as they all suck.  I cannot wait to hear Tommy.  Ahaha. ;D

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2015, 10:47:27 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
we can also put Bass on him like we have in the past

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2015, 10:48:27 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
we can also put Bass on him like we have in the past

yeah definitely. That is probably a better idea. Hope Bass goes to Stevens and tells him , he wants that matchup

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2015, 10:48:45 PM »

Offline viking

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 5
Smart will need to play his best D on Kyrie
Double team Lebron, trust Smart/Bradley on Kyrie
And pray to god one of our power forwards learns defense

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2015, 10:49:38 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

that seems crazy to me , maybe when he is posting up we should double , but if we just double every time Kyrie and Love will destroy us .

We will see if Kyrie /Love can. If they can that is fine.

The last thing you want is Lebron to do whatever he wants. I hate looking at his face after a and 1

« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2015, 10:50:33 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587
One of the things I miss about Uncle Snooze, he played some great d on LeQueen

« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2015, 10:50:44 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2949
Yes, start Crowder and bring Smart off the bench. Play Jerebko as a SF more as well as needed.

I kind of like this idea. I don't like the idea of changing the rotations/lineup just for the playoffs given chemistry issues, but when game planning for the best player on the planet it seems necessary.

It would also give us an excellent size advantage on the perimeter and force Kyrie to chase Bradley around all over, and I also like IT and Smart terrorizing their weak bench.

EDIT: Also, it allows Crowder and Bass to switch between Love and Lebron, and I think both of them individually can shut down this year's Kevin Love.

« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2015, 10:57:44 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2972
If Smart was 6 ' 8 "  he'd give James a really hard time scoring the ball.....unfortunately we don't match well......

Jeff green was our LBJ ....best defender

Maybe it will be clear to Danny who he needs to draft

« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2015, 11:00:41 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2670
  • bammokja

and now we know why the cavs w/l record is so much better than the celtics' w/l record.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2015, 11:11:37 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
First couple games we probably get blown out by 20+.  Around game 3, Stevens will find a couple tricks that work and we'll maybe lose by 13.  Game 4, Boston loses steam and gets walloped by 38 points. 

Playoffs, baby!

Really though we've actually looked pretty good.  Turner is thriving at point-forward.  Bradley and Smart should give Kyrie hell.  It'll be interesting to see how much Mozgov makes an impact defending inside while Thomas relentlessly attacks.