Author Topic: My final offer that I would do for cousins  (Read 5184 times)

Re: My final offer that I would do for cousins
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2015, 05:48:43 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Zero.  This guy is a head case and will be a cancer on this team.  Can't believe how many people are so intrigued by this guy that they are willing to sell the farm for him.

You're a couple of years late with this.  Cousins has matured, like a lot of people do in their 20s.

He has matured??  He still spazzes out if he doesnt get calls.
3 or 4 guys have to come to the court to try to calm him down. Then takes out his frustration at reggie evans. Karl face says "what did I get myself into?"

If he is so good and a gentleman why doesnt the Kings just keep him. Why are there rumors floating around? 

« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2015, 05:50:06 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Zero.  This guy is a head case and will be a cancer on this team.  Can't believe how many people are so intrigued by this guy that they are willing to sell the farm for him.

You're a couple of years late with this.  Cousins has matured, like a lot of people do in their 20s.

« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2015, 05:53:07 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25634
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

3 or 4 guys have to come to the court to try to calm him down. Then takes out his frustration at reggie evans. Karl face says "what did I get myself into?"

Lots of players react when they don't get calls.  Russell Westbrook has picked up 17 techs this season.  It's not a reason to not want a player.  Personally, I like the passion. 

If he is so good and a gentleman why doesnt the Kings just keep him. Why are there rumors floating around?

Because all stars in bad situations become the subject of trade speculation? 

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2015, 06:00:09 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Lots of players react when they don't get calls.  Russell Westbrook has picked up 17 techs this season.  It's not a reason to not want a player.  Personally, I like the passion. 

Because all stars in bad situations become the subject of trade speculation?

He is a headache that cannot lead a club

RW with all the techs , bickering carries okc on his back.  That is the difference between these two guys. One can inspire/carry a team, the other puts a dark cloud over the team. 

« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2015, 06:06:05 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Also I think your mistaken moody, emotional like a crybaby with fiery passion.  You see RW clapping from the sidelines, excited to win

You see Cousins "cool" attitude, not really caring what his teammates does. Mainly cares about how he looks on the court. That is why he spazzes out at the refs when he feels embarressed.  That is why he is still immature in my books

« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2015, 06:13:35 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
Also I think your mistaken moody, emotional like a crybaby with fiery passion.  You see RW clapping from the sidelines, excited to win

You see Cousins "cool" attitude, not really caring what his teammates does. Mainly cares about how he looks on the court. That is why he spazzes out at the refs when he feels embarressed.  That is why he is still immature in my books

Your observations on so many players are wildly inaccurate, but particularly so with Cousins. Is it safe to say that you don't watch a ton of Kings games? Because I have, and you're simply incorrect here and elsewhere.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2015, 06:16:08 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Your observations on so many players are wildly inaccurate, but particularly so with Cousins. Is it safe to say that you don't watch a ton of Kings games? Because I have, and you're simply incorrect here and elsewhere.

So he is a good leader that doesnt take it out on reggie evans when evans tries to calm him down? He doest kick chairs ?

« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2015, 06:30:43 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182

Well I have only seen him play 10 or so times this year, I am guessing he was the complete opposite of what I've seen in those games to make you think that way. I see a selfish little cry baby punk out on the court. So I'm not sure about triboy's evaluations in the past but I think my own have been spot on and Cousins doesn't look like a savior to me at all!

Great players lift their teams up, hell the Queen took a Cavs squad with no talent to the NBA finals. This savior you guys praise has never had a winning season.

I'll admit he is a very talented player but he's FAR from a great player, does he make people better? Does he take over games? Does he dominate night in and night out? The answer to all those questions is no, otherwise the teams he was on would not suck every year.

« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2015, 06:40:54 PM »

Offline GetLucky

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 349
I haven't seen this many arguments about cousins since I visited West Virginia with my family.

How quickly we forget the "Perennial Loser," KG; the "Cancerous Enigma," Pierce; and the "Journeyman Stat-Padder," Ray Allen, all circa 2007.

EDIT: Don't forget "Mindless Chucker that Holds KD Back" Russell Westbrook, circa 2012.

« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2015, 06:42:03 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

So he is a good leader that doesnt take it out on reggie evans when evans tries to calm him down? He doest kick chairs ?

He's a good leader because he was leading voluntary workouts at summer league. He's a good leader because he showed up at games even while recovering from meningitis. He's a leader because he led by example, putting up stats only matched by Kareem and Hakeem. He's a leader because he played repeatedly through injury. He's a leader because the Kings out scored opponents with him on the floor.

I couldn't care less if he kicked a chair.

« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2015, 08:13:38 AM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
I haven't seen this many arguments about cousins since I visited West Virginia with my family.

How quickly we forget the "Perennial Loser," KG; the "Cancerous Enigma," Pierce; and the "Journeyman Stat-Padder," Ray Allen, all circa 2007.

EDIT: Don't forget "Mindless Chucker that Holds KD Back" Russell Westbrook, circa 2012.

All those players you mentioned had winning seasons, played in the playoffs and some would argue they did it with less talent around them than Cousins had.

But I will agree that right now he is "big stats on a bad team guy" and that is the only thing he has proven so far. Can he be more? Probably but he's going to have to prove it.

« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2015, 08:28:11 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

All those players you mentioned had winning seasons, played in the playoffs and some would argue they did it with less talent around them than Cousins had.

But I will agree that right now he is "big stats on a bad team guy" and that is the only thing he has proven so far. Can he be more? Probably but he's going to have to prove it.

I'd like to see that argument.

DMC is a +89 on the season.  Do you realize how hard it is to have a positive point differential on a bottom-6 team?  Cousins had a historically great season -- only Hakeem and Kareem have put up his combination of points, rebounds, assists, steals, and blocks in the same season -- and regularly outproduced opposing centers by wide margins.

Cousins has done his part.  I'm not sure how you can blame him for not winning if his team outscores the opposition while he's on the court.

« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2015, 08:47:05 AM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 175
If demarcus was anything close to hakeem or kareem, despite the numbers, the kings would be in the playoffs even if his teammates were chairs. Don't get me wrong I think he's a good player but to continually put them in the same breath is like weird player homerism...demarcus hasn't proved to be a winner in any way, shape or form.. The younger Anthony Davis has done more with less on both levels and the eye just tells you winner, better attitude, better teammate everything.
I'd take cousins and his numbers are cute... They'd actually  mean something if he could lead his teams to wins though

« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2015, 08:53:20 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
I'd take cousins and his numbers are cute... They'd actually  mean something if he could lead his teams to wins though

Yes, if only Cousins could will his teammates to play better when he's on the bench, maybe the Kings would get somewhere.  He just needs to refine his alchemy technique of turning scrubs into actual NBA-level players.

« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2015, 08:59:46 AM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 175

Yes, if only Cousins could will his teammates to play better when he's on the bench, maybe the Kings would get somewhere.  He just needs to refine his alchemy technique of turning scrubs into actual NBA-level players.

Well yeah, hopefully he figures out how to like Hakeem eventually did, still time.