Author Topic: Trade with the Kings (not for cousins)  (Read 3878 times)

Re: Trade with the Kings (not for cousins)
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2015, 01:14:54 PM »

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
nah, go for Cousins. 
Reading on realgm today that both he and Karl are signaling an openness. 

I don't think Karl wants to trade him for a project pick, so maybe we can get him players he'd like in return?

Kings get:   Ty Lawson, Kelly Olynyk, 2016 BKL first, 2018 BKL first
Denver gets:  GWallace, ETurner, Sully, 2015 LAC first, 2015 PHL second
Boston gets:  Cousins
...then adds Pierce in free agency

Smart/Thomas
AB/Young
Pierce/Crowder
Bass/Jerebko
Cousins/Zeller

« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2015, 02:43:51 PM »

Offline Mass_1081

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 3
There is no one in this draft worth both Bradley and Olynik plus our pick past the top four. I would be open to moving up using Bradle though. Maybe Bradley and the 15th for Hood and the 12th or Bradley , the 15th, and the 23rd to move up mid lottery. We have to stop with the Couins talk though, we have no centerpiece for a trade for him. There would be quite a few teams who could offer up better return. This isn't like 08, we don't have a lottery pick or a young prospect like Jefferson to offer up.

« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2015, 02:47:12 PM »

Offline Mass_1081

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 3
nah, go for Cousins. 
Reading on realgm today that both he and Karl are signaling an openness. 

I don't think Karl wants to trade him for a project pick, so maybe we can get him players he'd like in return?

Kings get:   Ty Lawson, Kelly Olynyk, 2016 BKL first, 2018 BKL first
Denver gets:  GWallace, ETurner, Sully, 2015 LAC first, 2015 PHL second
Boston gets:  Cousins
...then adds Pierce in free agency

Smart/Thomas
AB/Young
Pierce/Crowder
Bass/Jerebko
Cousins/Teller

Nuggets would never do this, and The upgrade from Collison to Lawson is no where worth giving up Cousins. A trade for Cousins starts out with a top three pick or a young prospect like Embiid or Gobert headlining.

« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2015, 03:22:40 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 915
Tankathon.com has a page that values draft picks that appears on the surface similar to the chart used in the NFL.  In their ranking you could swap our picks for the SAC pick allowing us to move up and get a specific prospect. Same with the 7th-9th slots. While we're close to ORL in value at the 5th pick, I wouldn't trade a shot at a top tier pick for a package of good picks if I were they.  WCS would fit perfectly in the Magic's arsenal of players who can't shoot, but I suspect they pass on him with Vucevic on board.

http://www.tankathon.com/power_rankings

I'm thinking WCS as a rim protector with us getting more offense through FA or next year.  I think WCS is limited offensively, but elite defensively and will be in the league a long time barring injury. Not a franchise player though, but a second tier player like Noel whom a few Liberty Ballers have deified here. I suspect Winslow goes in top 5 with the two bigs and two PGs. I do think the Euros will both be better picks than Saric who I see as a bust in waiting, but I'm always wary of Euros and Chinese league all-stars. Prabably sould throw the Aussies under the bus too after Exum's season.

SAC has numerous needs and one guy won't help them that much in a year that they need to improve or risk DMC asking for a trade.  They also don't need a center. I don't have a problem with the package the OP put together that addresses SAC's needs, but I'd rather keep the players and we're not bringing 4 players into camp next year with the expectation that they'll all stick either.

Thanks, that was an interesting piece.  Best part of it?  Seeing Brooklyn down at 23.

Mike

« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2015, 03:35:29 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
I'd do the trade. I think Ainge needs to consolidate some of these multiple assets into stronger individual pieces and this trade achieves that. That Kings pick should give Boston a chance at selecting an All-Star caliber talent.

Not much interest in Brandon Knight though. I think his PG skills are lacking and he has struggled as a SG in Phoenix. I think Knight is a guy you after when already have other big pieces in place preferably a playmaking wing to take the pressure of his subpar PG skills.
Would you describe Knight then, as a poor man's Irving?

I describe Knight as a rich man's George Hill.

Strong defenders. Good rebounders. Both are a setup guard on offense with deficient playmaking skills. Both guys are strong outside shooters who can score some off the dribble and also in transition. Knight is better creating off the dribble than Hill so Knight scores a bit more. George Hill in the 12-14ppg range. Brandon Knight in the 16-18ppg range. Only advantage Knight has over Hill.

I rate George Hill around 18-20th amongst starting PGs.
I rate Brandon Knight around 15-17th.

Patrick Beverley would be the next notch down. A poor man's George Hill. Also a setup guard with deficient playmaking skills. Also a strong defender & rebounder. Less capable a jump-shooter, driver and overall scorer. I'd rate him in the low 20s amongst starting PGs.

« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2015, 03:52:46 PM »

Offline celticmania

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 39
I'd do it for Emmanuel Mudiay or D'Angelo Russell in a heartbeat but most definitely not for Cauley-Stein.

« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2015, 04:38:57 PM »

Offline spikelovetheCelts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
  • Peace it's a board. We all will never agree.
I'd do it for Emmanuel Mudiay or D'Angelo Russell in a heartbeat but most definitely not for Cauley-Stein.
WCS is the best rim protector in this draft. We can give up a little extra for him. We also have a large TPE to do just about anything with moving forward.
"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."
--Jerry West, on John Havlicek

« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2015, 04:52:08 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
WCS is the best rim protector in this draft. We can give up a little extra for him. We also have a large TPE to do just about anything with moving forward.
rim protectors are overrated historically unless said rim protector is also a 20 point scorer. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip