Author Topic: Trade with the Kings (not for cousins)  (Read 3879 times)

Trade with the Kings (not for cousins)
« on: April 14, 2015, 03:01:13 AM »

Offline DrJasper

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 71
In my opinion the Kings look for immediate help to keep Cousins happy. Their biggest needs are defense and a stretch 4.
The kings pick this year is projected to be the 6 pick in the draft.

So how about:
Bos 2015 1#, Bradley, Olynyk for Sac 2015 1#, Williams (or another filler)

Than we could go after Brandon Knight in the summer. (All star snub imo)

Lineup:
Knight/Smart/Crowder/Sullinger/WCS or Knight/Smart/Winsow/Sullinger/Zeller

Maybe we would have to offer more sweeteners, but would you be interested in that kind of a deal?

And could you imagine Sacramento being interested? ???
Memphis Grizzlies
PG: Dragic, Ball, Carter
SG: Temple, KCP, Holiday, Washburn
SF: Richardson, Anderson, Parsons, Casspi
PF: Jackson jr, Beasley, Watanabe
C: Adebayo, Green, Noah
https://basketball.realgm.com/nba/teams/Memphis-Grizzlies/14/Rosters/Regular/2019  +21 Lal 2nd

Re: Trade with the Kings (not for cousins)
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2015, 03:48:00 AM »

Offline konkmv

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
why should we give 3 good players for 1? the trade value of bradley thomas and smart has risen a lot....

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2015, 04:59:36 AM »

Offline DrJasper

• Derrick White
why should we give 3 good players for 1? the trade value of bradley thomas and smart has risen a lot....

I think a higher ceiling prospect would give us a better foundation to rebuild, and make a deeper playoff run next year.
I don't think Bradley or Olynyk are going to be go-to-scorers and the guy we could get at 16# propably won't be either...
So I think 2(3) good role players for 1 high ceiling talent is not a bad move, imo.
(I know WCS is definetly no scorer but he could be a corner stone for the future)

I don't know why you brought up the risen trade value of thomas and smart, but maybe you can explain?  :)

Memphis Grizzlies
https://basketball.realgm.com/nba/teams/Memphis-Grizzlies/14/Rosters/Regular/2019  +21 Lal 2nd

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2015, 05:50:23 AM »

Offline BornReady

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 40
Bradley and smart have both developed and improved this season past expectations
So their trade value has increased

Plus they are on good value contracts

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2015, 06:25:42 AM »

Offline konkmv

• Don Chaney
because i think they are untouchable.. i do not think our goal is to trade valuable players for unknown picks....

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2015, 06:29:06 AM »

Offline konkmv

• Don Chaney
at 15 you can get myles turner or kaminsky... lets say bradley olynyc myles turner for.....winslow?????? porzingis??? no thank you

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2015, 10:06:10 AM »

Offline DrJasper

• Derrick White
at 15 you can get myles turner or kaminsky... lets say bradley olynyc myles turner for.....winslow?????? porzingis??? no thank you

You don't know yet how good winslow gonna be, the problem is that once he has proven his talent you can't do the trade anymore.
It's a gamble..  I know but thats how you get stars
Memphis Grizzlies

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2015, 10:30:17 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
I'd do the trade. I think Ainge needs to consolidate some of these multiple assets into stronger individual pieces and this trade achieves that. That Kings pick should give Boston a chance at selecting an All-Star caliber talent.

Not much interest in Brandon Knight though. I think his PG skills are lacking and he has struggled as a SG in Phoenix. I think Knight is a guy you after when already have other big pieces in place preferably a playmaking wing to take the pressure of his subpar PG skills.

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2015, 10:40:32 AM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 915
because i think they are untouchable.. i do not think our goal is to trade valuable players for unknown picks....

I don't think anyone's untouchable. Give Ainge a good enough deal and he'll trade just about anything. 

Still, I understand your point. Ainge places a very high value on Bradley. And although DA doesn't ask my opinion often, from what I've seen, I'd agree with him. I'd give KO and our pick for Sacramento's. I'd also do our pick plus the Clippers, or even our pick plus Dallas's next year. I don't think Sac would do any of my deals, though.

Mike

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2015, 10:43:03 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
In my opinion the Kings look for immediate help to keep Cousins happy. Their biggest needs are defense and a stretch 4.
The kings pick this year is projected to be the 6 pick in the draft.

So how about:
Bos 2015 1#, Bradley, Olynyk for Sac 2015 1#, Williams (or another filler)

Than we could go after Brandon Knight in the summer. (All star snub imo)

Lineup:
Knight/Smart/Crowder/Sullinger/WCS or Knight/Smart/Winsow/Sullinger/Zeller

Maybe we would have to offer more sweeteners, but would you be interested in that kind of a deal?

And could you imagine Sacramento being interested? ???
Overpay IMO
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2015, 11:13:08 AM »

Offline number_n9ne

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 126
I'd rather Sully and #16 for their pick to grab WCS. No need to make it too complicated.

« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2015, 11:27:33 AM »

Offline Vox_Populi

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 346
I'd do the trade. I think Ainge needs to consolidate some of these multiple assets into stronger individual pieces and this trade achieves that. That Kings pick should give Boston a chance at selecting an All-Star caliber talent.

Not much interest in Brandon Knight though. I think his PG skills are lacking and he has struggled as a SG in Phoenix. I think Knight is a guy you after when already have other big pieces in place preferably a playmaking wing to take the pressure of his subpar PG skills.
Would you describe Knight then, as a poor man's Irving?

« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2015, 11:42:24 AM »

Offline farishmj16

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 0
I think it looks good on paper but I dont't think I would do it. What we have done by just acquiring Isaiah Thomas is incredible. Danny Ainge has historically done a better job by picking in mid to late first round. But who knows? Anything is possible.

« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2015, 12:24:13 PM »

Offline smiggity

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 3
This is the type of trade that I could see happening if a specific player Ainge is targeting falls to the SAC pick. For example, if he likes WCS and/or Winslow for this Celtics roster as much as I do, and if either fell to the Kings, Ainge might make a substantial offer for the pick.

The advantage of having accumulated the assets the Celtics have is that they have the flexibility to try to maneuver for specific players they like, rather than just waiting to see who is available when they pick.

The current Celtics player that makes the most sense for the Kings is Olynyk, which is too bad because I would prefer to trade Sullinger. In any event, I would offer Olynyk, the Celtics 2015 1st round pick (15/16), and the Clippers pick (25-ish) and see where that got me. If pushed, I might throw in another non-Brooklyn pick somewhere. I suspect that the Celtics value Bradley more than the Kings do (as I presume the Kings are pleased with McLemore's progression this year). Not sure if it would be enough to get it done.

« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2015, 12:32:17 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
Tankathon.com has a page that values draft picks that appears on the surface similar to the chart used in the NFL.  In their ranking you could swap our picks for the SAC pick allowing us to move up and get a specific prospect. Same with the 7th-9th slots. While we're close to ORL in value at the 5th pick, I wouldn't trade a shot at a top tier pick for a package of good picks if I were they.  WCS would fit perfectly in the Magic's arsenal of players who can't shoot, but I suspect they pass on him with Vucevic on board.

http://www.tankathon.com/power_rankings

I'm thinking WCS as a rim protector with us getting more offense through FA or next year.  I think WCS is limited offensively, but elite defensively and will be in the league a long time barring injury. Not a franchise player though, but a second tier player like Noel whom a few Liberty Ballers have deified here. I suspect Winslow goes in top 5 with the two bigs and two PGs. I do think the Euros will both be better picks than Saric who I see as a bust in waiting, but I'm always wary of Euros and Chinese league all-stars. Prabably sould throw the Aussies under the bus too after Exum's season.

SAC has numerous needs and one guy won't help them that much in a year that they need to improve or risk DMC asking for a trade.  They also don't need a center. I don't have a problem with the package the OP put together that addresses SAC's needs, but I'd rather keep the players and we're not bringing 4 players into camp next year with the expectation that they'll all stick either.