Author Topic: Bruski: Cousins trade speculation among Kings sources increasing last 24 hours  (Read 5173 times)

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
Simmons on his "Bill Don't Lie" podcast yesterday suggested the Magic try Vucevic and the 5th pick for Cousins - that would certainly be tempting.  I don't know who is going to beat that offer, although Cousins is easily the best piece in that trade.  Vu?evi? did average 19 ppg and 11 rpg last season, you wish his defense was a little better but he's a nice piece. 

The Kings are probably getting the 6th or 7th pick, so they could easily get Cauley-Stein and Justise Winslow out of this season.  The problem is that knowing the Kings, they'd end up drafting Sam Dekker 5th overall and Kevon Looney at 7 or some ridiculous nonsense like that.  Not that I think either of them will be bad, but they always try to get cute like that.

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 215
I'm pretty sure the Kings saw what the Wolves got for Kevin Love and are probably expecting a similar return. Especially with the Lakers and Knicks having a shot at the first pick.

I'm fairly sure you're right.  That said, wanting and actually receiving are two different things.  Time will tell.

On the other hand, I wouldn't be surprised if the Kings, always looking for a quick-fix, instead try to get established players.
It will probably be a lot more difficult to get fair value of they traded him for another player. With this being a solid draft, it would be a nice get for them to land Okafor and possibly Stanley Johnson in the same draft. Or they could get Russell and them WCS.

I would also be intrigued to see how Cousins may do in the triangle offense in NY. I think that might be a nice fit for him.

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
Knicks and Lakers should offer up their top 3-5 pick this year for Cousins.

Not sure anyone will beat that type of trade package.

Both teams need a big name star to rebuild their struggling franchises around.

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
Of course it's increasing, the season is ending...........
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Knicks and Lakers should offer up their top 3-5 pick this year for Cousins.

Not sure anyone will beat that type of trade package.

Both teams need a big name star to rebuild their struggling franchises around.

Yeah, nabbing Cousins would be huge for the rebuilding efforts of either franchise. Particularly in the case of the Lakers, Cousins would be just another in a long line of great big men in LA. That said, Cousins and a Melo would be pretty good too.

And of course, if I am running Sacto and resigned to trading Cousins, a top 3 pick is only a starting point in any deal. I'd be looking for at least one top 3 pick, plus additional firsts and possibly another long term prospect. If I am not getting a prospect on the level of Okafor, Towns, etc., I would have no interest in a deal.

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
I'm pretty sure the Kings saw what the Wolves got for Kevin Love and are probably expecting a similar return. Especially with the Lakers and Knicks having a shot at the first pick.

Or other teams could look at what the Cavs have up for Love and say, no way we're giving up that much.
Yup

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
How about Derrick Rose, Mirotic, and Joakim Noah  for Cousins?

Think the Kings could be dumb enough?
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 551
Simmons on his "Bill Don't Lie" podcast yesterday suggested the Magic try Vucevic and the 5th pick for Cousins - that would certainly be tempting.  I don't know who is going to beat that offer, although Cousins is easily the best piece in that trade.  Vu?evi? did average 19 ppg and 11 rpg last season, you wish his defense was a little better but he's a nice piece. 

The Kings are probably getting the 6th or 7th pick, so they could easily get Cauley-Stein and Justise Winslow out of this season.  The problem is that knowing the Kings, they'd end up drafting Sam Dekker 5th overall and Kevon Looney at 7 or some ridiculous nonsense like that.  Not that I think either of them will be bad, but they always try to get cute like that.
That's a reasonable proposal from Simmons.  The Magic could add Gordon and the Lakers 2017 1st to sweeten the offer.  Payton, Oladipo, Harris and Cousins would be a nice young core.