Author Topic: Raptors (48-32) at Celtics (38-42) Game #81 4/14/15  (Read 54652 times)

Re: Raptors (48-32) at Celtics (38-42) Game #81 4/14/15
« Reply #300 on: April 14, 2015, 11:07:04 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Brooklyn fans are feeling nauseous  ;D ;D ;D

I actually feel bad for Nets fans... just a sad franchise in every way

I don't. They're trashing on Paul Pierce right now at Nets Daily for calling them out on that article earlier today. I hope Brooklyn never sniffs another playoff appearance again. How can you miss the postseason with DWill, JJ7, and Brook Lopez?!

W/o Paul Pierce and KG last year they wouldn't even be in the playoffs/beaten the Raptors lol.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #301 on: April 14, 2015, 11:09:54 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587
Brooklyn fans are feeling nauseous  ;D ;D ;D

I actually feel bad for Nets fans... just a sad franchise in every way

I don't. They're trashing on Paul Pierce right now at Nets Daily for calling them out on that article earlier today. I hope Brooklyn never sniffs another playoff appearance again. How can you miss the postseason with DWill, JJ7, and Brook Lopez?!

W/o Paul Pierce and KG last year they wouldn't even be in the playoffs/beaten the Raptors lol.

Dissing PP alright I take it back. I give any Nets fan after this season credit though, I'd honestly change NBA teams if I was a Nets fan. I think I'd rather be a fan of any other franchise the Nets have screwed themselves so hard. I also hate when people jump teams so this is saying a lot for me.

« Reply #302 on: April 14, 2015, 11:12:29 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
koz, for whatever reasons, has CBS issues and doesnt budge much on them. let him go.
No, I have issues with people who call the black white. Which is quite different.

I fixed that for you.
Oh goodie, we've gone back to middle school.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #303 on: April 14, 2015, 11:29:33 PM »

Offline Jonny CC

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 76
koz, for whatever reasons, has CBS issues and doesnt budge much on them. let him go.
No, I have issues with people who call the black white. Which is quite different.

I fixed that for you.
Oh goodie, we've gone back to middle school.

Oh sorry....I forgot that you have the sense of humor and optimism of a 95 year old ball of dust.  I think Nets fans are happier than you.   
Before a game on Christmas against the Pacers, Bird told Chuck Person that he had a present for him. During the game, Bird shot a 3-pointer in front of Person. Immediately after releasing the ball, Bird said to Person, "Merry F!#*ing Christmas!" and then the shot went in.

« Reply #304 on: April 14, 2015, 11:30:13 PM »

Offline oldtype

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 143
Who knows, maybe every single person watching the NBA is wrong and koz is right and Brad Stevens is actually a terrible coach.

Great words from a great man

« Reply #305 on: April 14, 2015, 11:34:10 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
The best thing- Stevens' play worked perfectly. Hansbrough doubled, and Zeller was wide open for a layup.
Sorry, that wasn't a set play, we were scrambling after an offensive rebound. But of course, it worked "perfectly" because it ended up being a basket...

I meant the inbounds play with 2.8 seconds left.
Except it ended up being a contested Crowder shot instead?!

Yes, but you accused Stevens of "botching the game," and you included that inbounds play in your argument. You knocked it because it ended in a low-percentage shot. There's more there than the result. The pass by Marcus? It could've been a better decision, but the play was excellent.
No, I accused him of doing everything possible to botch the game. Of course, you can always say "oh, the players could have done better". It's a convenient out. But it still doesn't explain how "the game ball goes to CBS" given that:

1. With ~35 seconds to go, play out of timeout gives the Raptors a 2 for 1.
2. Calls no timeout on one of the ensuing possessions, gets lucky on the out-of-bounds call (play is an out of control Thomas layup).
3. With 3 seconds to go, play ends up a Jae Crowder contested right baseline jumper (Jae Crowder shoots in the low .300 from that part of the floor, btw).

I'm not the biggest Stevens fan around but I think you are a little too personally invested in this "Stevens sucks" paradigm. 

He's led this team to 14 or 15 more wins than last season and that's after essentially swapping Rondo and Green for IT and Crowder.  We ended the year starting Tyler Zeller at center, a rookie at point guard and with Evan Freakin' Turner as probably our MVP.

Yeah, the East stinks but given the talent and roster turnover he's had to work with, no reasonable fellow can deny that Stevens has done a good job and proven his value as an NBA coach. 

Mike

« Reply #306 on: April 14, 2015, 11:42:00 PM »

Offline Jonny CC

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 76
Who knows, maybe every single person watching the NBA is wrong and koz is right and Brad Stevens is actually a terrible coach.

Some posters are so obsessed with not being proven wrong that they will look for every little insignificant flaw to support the original argument (Brad stinks, Rondo stinks, Ainge stinks, etc).  It's old news.
Before a game on Christmas against the Pacers, Bird told Chuck Person that he had a present for him. During the game, Bird shot a 3-pointer in front of Person. Immediately after releasing the ball, Bird said to Person, "Merry F!#*ing Christmas!" and then the shot went in.

« Reply #307 on: April 14, 2015, 11:45:39 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961

That's right ...He has the right to be totally wrong ........nothing new here.

« Reply #308 on: April 17, 2015, 05:23:40 PM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2584
Enough bashing each other, please.
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!