Author Topic: NBA rescinds 16th technical against Russell Westbrook  (Read 2738 times)

Re: NBA rescinds 16th technical against Russell Westbrook
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2015, 06:39:33 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Star treatment. Should have upheld that 16th technical and be suspended for tonight's game.

They need his triple-doubles to continue for more TV rating $$$.

You're not wrong but I think Forza's also correct: there's no way that deserved to be called a T in the first place.

Tbh Westbrook put his hand around the ref while explaining about the technical; that should have been technical #2 and an automatic-ejection, plus 17th technical of the season. I mean, Rondo made contact with a ref too and he got suspended for a game in the playoffs.

But it is what it is  ::) ::)

LOL...You know by now , there are TWO sets of rules .....one for the most popular players "Stars". And then the set of rules for bad teams with nobody players " Celtics" .....beat up on the nobodies.

Never equal treatment in the NBA ...it's as bad as NASCAR. .......everybody is treated different

« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2015, 07:39:47 PM »

Offline Forza Juventus

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 70
Star treatment. Should have upheld that 16th technical and be suspended for tonight's game.

They need his triple-doubles to continue for more TV rating $$$.

You're not wrong but I think Forza's also correct: there's no way that deserved to be called a T in the first place.

Tbh Westbrook put his hand around the ref while explaining about the technical; that should have been technical #2 and an automatic-ejection, plus 17th technical of the season. I mean, Rondo made contact with a ref too and he got suspended for a game in the playoffs.

But it is what it is  ::) ::)

Evan Turner puts his hand on officials all the time. When a person is explaining or having a conversation with someone they do that all the time. Westbrook was just reasoning with him and didn't even deserve one tech definitely not an ejection. The NBA has been much more reasonable this year allowing conversation between players and officials.
Azzurri | Juventus | Boston Celtics | Kentucky Basketball

"All the negativity that’s on Celticsblog sucks. I’ve been around when Kyrie Irving was criticized. I’ve been around when Al Horford was insulted. And it stinks. It makes the greatest team, greatest fans in the world, lousy."

Celticsblog=sports radio

« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2015, 07:48:30 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Glad to hear it.

Yeah, it's star treatment, but the refs give out too many technicals and it would stink to see a team that still has a shot at the playoffs miss out because its best player has to sit due to a technical.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2015, 11:26:13 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1547
For all we know the Ref's report after the game said something like I was probably too quick on the technical to Westbrook and think it should be withdrawn. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip