Author Topic: Cavaliers (51-28) at Boston Celtics (37-42) Game #80 4/12/15  (Read 28959 times)

Re: Cavaliers (51-28) at Boston Celtics (37-42) Game #80 4/12/15
« Reply #150 on: April 12, 2015, 05:36:37 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
Sully doesn't fit this team anymore.

if we play atl , he will show you . He is a perfect matchup for Horford .  He was playing very good before the injury, why all the hate ?

No hate. And I think, when in shape, he is a good player. But this team has changed a lot since his injury. Chemistry wise, he doesn't fit well, IMO. Its nice to have the extra big off the bench, but I doubt he wants that role forever.

Sully must have taken note, that the team did better with him absent. It will either make him or break him.
yes the C's are a different team now, based much more on speed, quickness, D, and quality passing,

Well the C's are 4-1 since he returned, so how truthful can the assessment of "the team did better with him absent" be?

I'll give you a hint, it wasn't, particularly when you consider how much the roster changed just when he went down, and we're 4-1 with a Sullinger who is very far from who he was with us as it is.

This Sully has had about as much impact on the last 5 games as Gigi, Pressey, Crash, Young, and Babb.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #151 on: April 12, 2015, 05:46:10 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Sully doesn't fit this team anymore.

if we play atl , he will show you . He is a perfect matchup for Horford .  He was playing very good before the injury, why all the hate ?

No hate. And I think, when in shape, he is a good player. But this team has changed a lot since his injury. Chemistry wise, he doesn't fit well, IMO. Its nice to have the extra big off the bench, but I doubt he wants that role forever.

Sully must have taken note, that the team did better with him absent. It will either make him or break him.
yes the C's are a different team now, based much more on speed, quickness, D, and quality passing,

Well the C's are 4-1 since he returned, so how truthful can the assessment of "the team did better with him absent" be?

I'll give you a hint, it wasn't, particularly when you consider how much the roster changed just when he went down, and we're 4-1 with a Sullinger who is very far from who he was with us as it is.

This Sully has had about as much impact on the last 5 games as Gigi, Pressey, Crash, Young, and Babb.

That's fine. The point is that there's really no assessment to be made in the "we've been better without Sully" front. Completely different team when he was healthy roster wise, so pointless to draw up conclusions upon that. When he returns he's incredibly rusty, so no conclusions to be made upon that, and lastly we've actually been winning with him since he returns, whether with major impact or not, so no conclusion to be made upon that either especially to those people who love to look at win-loss records as the definitive proof of something.

« Reply #152 on: April 12, 2015, 05:54:12 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
the cavs are playing no bodies. the celtics started their normal line up. the score is currently tied.  :P

Talk about speaking to soon.

« Reply #153 on: April 12, 2015, 09:20:28 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
The only observations that I took from this game were -

1). 39 points will most likely be the average margin of victory for the Cavs when they sweep us embarrassingly out of the playoffs, and

2). In a game where the outcome was apparently decided in the 2nd quarter, Stevens still wouldn't let James Young play?  At all?  Sigh.

Okay, so 39 points as an average margin of defeat might be a tad high, so how about 25, lol? ;D

« Reply #154 on: April 12, 2015, 09:26:07 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
The only observations that I took from this game were -

1). 39 points will most likely be the average margin of victory for the Cavs when they sweep us embarrassingly out of the playoffs, and

2). In a game where the outcome was apparently decided in the 2nd quarter, Stevens still wouldn't let James Young play?  At all?  Sigh.

Okay, so 39 points as an average margin of defeat might be a tad high, so how about 25, lol? ;D

LoL.....I was imaging the same ....love , Irving and LBJ will have 90 -100 points per game combined against us......payback will suck  ;D

« Reply #155 on: April 12, 2015, 09:42:14 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2665
  • bammokja
the cavs are playing no bodies. the celtics started their normal line up. the score is currently tied.  :P

Talk about speaking to soon.
how true. glad to see i shamed the celtics into playing harder.  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva