Author Topic: Can you guys help me out? (off-topic)  (Read 2755 times)

Can you guys help me out? (off-topic)
« on: April 11, 2015, 08:56:01 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
OK, so this is a problem that I've been having for quite some time now. It happens in the worst of circumstances, and it's really annoying.
At seemingly random times, whenever I move around, jump around, play basketball, etc, my stomach makes the worst "sloshing" noise ever. It sounds as though I've got 5 gallons of water in my stomach, just moving around. It's really loud, and, for example if I'm on a run with some friends, they can easily hear my stomach the entire time. It's like water is moving around in there.
It currently is making the noise today too. I was playing basketball with some friends, and every time I jump, go for a layup, take a jumpshot, or even just run, it makes the horrible sloshing sound. It sounds like water, but I've barely drank anything all day.

It's super embarrassing, and I can't seem to think of anything I can do to fix it.

Can you guys please give me some advice??
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

Re: Can you guys help me out? (off-topic)
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2015, 09:16:13 PM »

Offline jamison the james

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 0
haha, no kidding?

I have this exact problem, except it happens when i play soccer. its kinda like a deep wave sound, almost as if, like you said, theres tons of water flowing around in my stomach. its really awk when someone else hears it. i wouldnt mind some advice either lol.

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2015, 09:18:33 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I googled "sloshing stomach while running", and it seems like this is a fairly common thing.  I'll let you wade through the results, but it seems like there's a lot of info out there.  A lot of folks suggest it could be due to acid or lack of digestive bacteria (i.e., take a probiotic / yogurt).

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2015, 09:21:19 PM »

Offline jamison the james

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 0
I googled "sloshing stomach while running", and it seems like this is a fairly common thing.  I'll let you wade through the results, but it seems like there's a lot of info out there.  A lot of folks suggest it could be due to acid or lack of digestive bacteria (i.e., take a probiotic / yogurt).

digestive bacteria, hmmm, interesting,

btw Roy, why do you have a negative amount of TPs?

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2015, 09:25:33 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Long story, but a couple of years ago some folks were getting a little agitated by their number of Tommy Points, to the point where the staff heard that people were creating Tommy Point cliques, alternate accounts to pump up their own counts, etc.  It led to a small amount of drama.

To combat the silliness of that whole thing, and to show that TPs were actually meaningless in the grand scheme of life, I gave myself a ton of negative TPs, to the point where I'll never be positive again.  It was hopefully an example that these things mean nothing, other than being fun little acknowledgements.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2015, 10:02:13 AM »

Offline FatKidsDad

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 114
No offense meant to Roy, but why is the attorney responding to this? How about a physician? Bahku, you out there? ;D
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." - George S. Patton

"Live so that when your children think of fairness and integrity,they think of you." -   H. Jackson Brown, Jr.

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2015, 11:15:14 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Because attorneys are very good at research on a wide variety of subjects.

TPs for Roy H.
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2015, 11:21:43 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871

Long story, but a couple of years ago some folks were getting a little agitated by their number of Tommy Points, to the point where the staff heard that people were creating Tommy Point cliques, alternate accounts to pump up their own counts, etc.  It led to a small amount of drama.

To combat the silliness of that whole thing, and to show that TPs were actually meaningless in the grand scheme of life, I gave myself a ton of negative TPs, to the point where I'll never be positive again.  It was hopefully an example that these things mean nothing, other than being fun little acknowledgements.

That is a very laudable thing for you to do, but I don't think you should have done that. So I think everyone should give Roy H a TP every chance they get to thank him for such a selfless act. Lets see if we can get Roy back on the positive side

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2015, 11:38:21 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Because attorneys are very good at research on a wide variety of subjects.

Just ask..

DR ROY.  :)

« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2015, 01:40:53 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962

Haha "Tommy Point clique" always makes me laugh.

And you've already gotten several thousand TP's over the past couple years, Roy, you'll be out of the hole in a decade or so (or sooner if play more PAPOUG type games).  ;)
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale