Author Topic: Celtics (36-42) at Cavaliers (51-27) Game #79 4/10/15  (Read 57658 times)

Re: Celtics (36-42) at Cavaliers (51-27) Game #79 4/10/15
« Reply #255 on: April 11, 2015, 03:31:08 AM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
This team manned up and grew up.  Very proud ;D

« Reply #256 on: April 11, 2015, 04:16:25 AM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2921
I don't want to play the Cavs. They're a bad matchup for us, and more than likely it'd be extremely hard for us to take even a game or two from them.

However, by far the worst thing about playing the Cavs in the playoffs would be my health concerns. I'd probably have a stroke watching all of the superstar calls this team gets, especially Lebron. Even tonight, you couldn't be anywhere near him while driving without a foul being called.

Granted, there's always the possibility that a Hawks/Celtics matchup would end up on NBATV, and that would mean several games of those horribly biased and unbearable Hawks announcers.

There's no winning here  :(  ;)

« Reply #257 on: April 11, 2015, 09:52:33 AM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
Jesus, for Celtic fans some of you guys just don't wanna admit we have a pretty good team here, huh? They earned this win. James and Love played, they made a big run in the 3rd, we stood our ground and instead of risk a meaningless (for them) dogfight against a team that can scrap with the best of them, they rested their key guys in the 4th. That Cavs team is 20x better than us. They should be proud of this win.

And I find it pretty ironic that, after a wave of "Marcus Smart can't play offense so he sucks" threads around here, he leads the team scoring in the biggest game of the year with 19 pts on 7/10 shooting and 3/5 from deep. The kid can play.

« Reply #258 on: April 11, 2015, 09:54:42 AM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
I don't want to play the Cavs. They're a bad matchup for us, and more than likely it'd be extremely hard for us to take even a game or two from them.

However, by far the worst thing about playing the Cavs in the playoffs would be my health concerns. I'd probably have a stroke watching all of the superstar calls this team gets, especially Lebron. Even tonight, you couldn't be anywhere near him while driving without a foul being called.

Granted, there's always the possibility that a Hawks/Celtics matchup would end up on NBATV, and that would mean several games of those horribly biased and unbearable Hawks announcers.

I prefer being swept by the Cavs to listening a single game broadcasted by DWilkins.
(Having said this, there is always the SHAQATTACK approach to this issue aka turning off the volume)

« Reply #259 on: April 11, 2015, 11:34:27 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402

I prefer being swept by the Cavs to listening a single game broadcasted by DWilkins.
(Having said this, there is always the SHAQATTACK approach to this issue aka turning off the volume)

I dislike the Cavs commentators even more than the Hawks.

« Reply #260 on: April 11, 2015, 12:01:26 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja

we agree. and i have a couple of points.

first, to me at least, it benefits the cavs to have boston in the seventh seed. if indiana is the #7 set, the cavs would get a tougher fight than from the celtics.

this sunday, the cavs' two best players will sit out. whether intentional or not, this may help set up at celtics-cavs playoff.

next, the cavs didn't exactly give a lot of consistent effort in the last game, and they sat their second best player. using that last game as the basis for predicting playoff success looks to be faulty reasoning.

cleveland won't be playing their starters 20 something minutes in the playoffs. nor will any of their "big three" skip the entire game, or have the coach play 11 men in the playoffs.

the celtics regular season edge of having a deep, good bench will evaporate against the cavs in the playoffs. lebron and company will play in the realm 40 minutes a night. the celtic bench wont be able to take advantage of the cleveland starters as they do other teams' bench players.

all in all, if the celtics get a single game from the cavs it should be considered a victory. i look for a quick series.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #261 on: April 11, 2015, 12:09:01 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith

we agree. and i have a couple of points.

first, to me at least, it benefits the cavs to have boston in the seventh seed. if indiana is the #7 set, the cavs would get a tougher fight than from the celtics.

this sunday, the cavs' two best players will sit out. whether intentional or not, this may help set up at celtics-cavs playoff.

next, the cavs didn't exactly give a lot of consistent effort in the last game, and they sat their second best player. using that last game as the basis for predicting playoff success looks to be faulty reasoning.

cleveland won't be playing their starters 20 something minutes in the playoffs. nor will any of their "big three" skip the entire game, or have the coach play 11 men in the playoffs.

the celtics regular season edge of having a deep, good bench will evaporate against the cavs in the playoffs. lebron and company will play in the realm 40 minutes a night. the celtic bench wont be able to take advantage of the cleveland starters as they do other teams' bench players.

all in all, if the celtics get a single game from the cavs it should be considered a victory. i look for a quick series.
Well, the way I see it is we can control our destiny and which spot we land in by winning against Cleveland tomorrow, especially since we own the tiebreakers against Indy and Brooklyn. What i'd like to see is us end up a game behind Brooklyn and having a tied record with Indy for 8th, giving us the last seed. That's always a dangerous game to play, but as long as we're careful and avoid Miami, we should be able to cement ourselves where we want in the standings if we win against Cleveland tomorrow.

« Reply #262 on: April 11, 2015, 12:10:34 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith

I dislike the Cavs commentators even more than the Hawks.

Yeah, but they'd never put a "King James" series on NBATV, so it'd be all national broadcast teams instead of the local broadcasts.

« Reply #263 on: April 11, 2015, 12:53:45 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
LBJ seemed to be sizing the Celtics up,    Seeing when he will need to hit the " I care " explode mode
Button.

He may estimate having to play less minutes in a series sweep with the Celtics . 

I think he was gauging the time and effort required to eliminated the Celtics. Scouting ...

He was checking out the enemy camp .  ..."sizing up the job ahead ....who do I want to play?

He tells the coach I got this ....who never looked like he was in charge of showing any emotion one way or the other .  LeBron is THE player / coach of this team.  He is in charge of the starting unit.   The coach appears to be in charge of the second unit.

I guess LBJ figures he 'll have to exert the least amount of effort ...playing time to eliminate the Celtics.....so he did his scouting , pulled himself and Love .   That may have been his blessing to allow the Celtics to win the reg season games and meet them for the playoffs .....an easy out.

Playing the Nets would require more effort , energy and strength he'll need for teams like the Spurs, Warriors, Hawks ...etc.

« Reply #264 on: April 17, 2015, 09:35:32 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Anyone watching the replay tonight on CSN?  Good preview of some key matchups in this series.

« Reply #265 on: April 17, 2015, 09:49:11 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Anyone watching the replay tonight on CSN?  Good preview of some key matchups in this series.

Yep.  I missed the, well, missed dunk by Lebron when it happened originally, so that was great to see, lol. ;D