Author Topic: Daredevil (TV)  (Read 10048 times)

Daredevil (TV)
« on: April 09, 2015, 02:46:42 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
New tv show begins tomorrow April 10, 2015 on Netflix: Marvel's Daredevil. I'm really looking forward to this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iI2JWIN1zMQ

Re: Daredevil (TV)
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2015, 02:51:55 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Only 11 reviews in so far, but it looks like it'll be pretty ok (currently 74/100 on metacritic): http://www.metacritic.com/tv/marvels-daredevil

I think it should be on a par with "Arrow" (Season 1 got a 73 on Metacritic)... which is kinda a bad show, but entertaining.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 03:07:41 PM by LarBrd33 »

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2015, 03:30:11 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Odds are Netflix makes a better show than CW given House of Cards.

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2015, 03:32:02 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
not sure why this is in Celtics talk.

I don't have Netflix, but I do really like the Superhero tv shows, so I might have to figure out a way to watch that one.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2015, 03:38:36 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I'll give this a chance. Hopefully it is closer to Marvel Agent's of Shield than the Arrow in terms of quality.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2015, 03:57:19 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
With the way Marvel has handled Agents of Shield and Agent Carter, i'm feeling very positive about this.

Can't wait.

I'll give this a chance. Hopefully it is closer to Marvel Agent's of Shield than the Arrow in terms of quality.

Wouldn't it be fun if we have a DD/Arrow crossover in which the League and the Hand fight each other? (starting to drool a bit)
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2015, 04:21:07 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson

I don't have Netflix, but I do really like the Superhero tv shows, so I might have to figure out a way to watch that one.

It's not on Celtics Talk... that said, it shouldn't be hard to figure out a way to watch it :)

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2015, 03:04:27 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith

It's not on Celtics Talk... that said, it shouldn't be hard to figure out a way to watch it :)
it was when I posted.

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2015, 03:05:14 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
What is wrong with Arrow?  I very much enjoy that show.  Like AOS as well, just curious what your beef with Arrow is

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2015, 03:14:07 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
The Flash>The Arrow.

The Arrow is what a half-arsed gritty reboot looks like. It's the type of show that confuses 'brooding constantly' with 'complex emotions and character development'.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2015, 03:14:14 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson

it was when I posted.

Well, not sure how that happened if true as I went to the TV forum to post it. But whatever, non important.

I've watched the first 3 episodes. A bit mix so far. Quite enjoying it, but very slow so far. Heard that things pick up on the fourth episode, so can't wait to get home and continue watching it.

The action has been both great and disappointing at the same time, but have loved the violence so far.

We'll see how it goes, big fan of all superheroes shows and really looking forward to watching the rest.

As you guys are also talking about Agents of SHIELD, now that's a series I have real mix feelings about. The first half of the first season completely sucked, thankfully it improved immensely since then particularly with the events that cross with Winter Soldier. But it's been entertaining so far.

Anyways, will tell more once I finish the Daredevil season.

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2015, 03:26:28 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
What is wrong with Arrow?  I very much enjoy that show.  Like AOS as well, just curious what your beef with Arrow is
I like the Arrow too, it just isn't as good as AoS.

Most of the shows on the CW are really just soap opera's with a younger target audience. All the non superhero type conversations are more reminiscent of the OC or Dawson's Creek than anything else.

The Flash>The Arrow.

The Arrow is what a half-arsed gritty reboot looks like. It's the type of show that confuses 'brooding constantly' with 'complex emotions and character development'.

Is it going to be on Netflix later? I only watched the arrow on netflix, because I always forget to watch the current season until it is at the point when they no longer have the first episodes of the season on demand.

What makes the Flash different than Arrow?

I will 100% give Daredevil a try.
1. because I love super hero shoes
2. Jessica from True Blood is on it (even though she teased us a million times letting us think we will see her boobs on that show, only to have a meticulously placed obstacle come up) and I am a big fan of hers.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2015, 01:53:53 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
I like the Arrow too, it just isn't as good as AoS.

Most of the shows on the CW are really just soap opera's with a younger target audience. All the non superhero type conversations are more reminiscent of the OC or Dawson's Creek than anything else.

The Flash>The Arrow.

Is it going to be on Netflix later? I only watched the arrow on netflix, because I always forget to watch the current season until it is at the point when they no longer have the first episodes of the season on demand.

What makes the Flash different than Arrow?

I will 100% give Daredevil a try.
1. because I love super hero shoes
2. Jessica from True Blood is on it (even though she teased us a million times letting us think we will see her boobs on that show, only to have a meticulously placed obstacle come up) and I am a big fan of hers.

First of all, Supernatural is the bomb, and I won't accept anything otherwise as legitimate.

Arrow is more of a "feel good" kind of superhero serial. Kind of throwback to (and you gotta be 25 or older to get this reference) the Animated Spiderman from the 1990's, but with actual adult(ish) dialogue. I wouldn't worry about taxing your braincells watching it, but I also wouldn't worry about not enjoying yourself.

Daredevil is the bomb and I'm happy I'm born in a time when this could happen. I may not sleep tonight.

« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2015, 02:17:15 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
YO IT GOT THE ROSAIRO DAWSONS THO??!!

« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2015, 02:18:37 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Watched the first two episodes of Daredevil.  It's ok.  I like it.  But I also like "Arrow" and "Agents of Shield" despite recognizing that both are kinda meh shows.  So far, Daredevil isn't great.