Author Topic: Sleeper bigman with the Clipper's late round pick  (Read 8498 times)

Re: Sleeper bigman with the Clipper's late round pick
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2015, 01:13:42 PM »

Offline ctrey

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 110
I stand corrected. Did a little more research. Not a bad choice if he is there at 25-27.

« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2015, 01:15:35 PM »

Offline ctrey

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 110
Strangely Draftexpress has us taking him with the pick from the Clips. They tend to have the most accurate mocks. They have us selecting Dekker at 15 and Wood at 26.

« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2015, 09:45:42 AM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203

« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2015, 10:16:33 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Christian Wood has changed his mind...he's coming out...

Not what "coming out" means where I am from, we say entering the draft.

« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2015, 10:36:13 AM »

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145
Strangely Draftexpress has us taking him with the pick from the Clips. They tend to have the most accurate mocks. They have us selecting Dekker at 15 and Wood at 26.

I'd be really happy with that draft. Wood looks like he has real upside as a perimeter big if he can become a 3pt threat and learn defensive rotations. Jumper, handles, quicks, height, and his very long strides can add up to a really solid offensive player. Main question marks are shooting and defensive awareness, but there's plenty of room for optimism on both fronts.

« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2015, 11:10:22 AM »

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
Why not Wood and Kevon Looney.

Sexy versatility on defense with Crowder, Wood and Looney.

« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2015, 11:45:24 AM »

Offline Dog_Lover106

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 12
Anybody know anything about Chris McCullough?

Based on his NBADraft profile (i know i know most people don't like the site) I like what I see. He looks like an athletic big that can hold his own on both sides of the floor even if he needs a good amount of development and some more strength. His game looks good for that spot in the draft however.
I have seen Chris McCullough play a good bit in person, as he played at Brewster Academy in New Hampshire. He was suspended from Brewster Academy his post graduate year and finished at IMG before going off to Syracuse.

Definite lottery talent as a PF and as gifted as anyone in this draft.... pre-injury. Unfortunately Chris has had a low motor and just disappears on occasion. Needs to bring way more intensity......but his skill set is definitely there.

« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2015, 12:00:21 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
The mock has changed.

http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-mock-draft/2015/

Has us taking Portis and  Justin Anderson.  Portis has some nice traits but he scares the heck out of me, too.  I think Anderson would be redundant if we keep Crowder.

I hope we don't draft a guy from the Cuse, that zone D, hurts them in the NBA, unless they are a transcendal offense guy like Carmelo, just say no.

« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2015, 12:17:14 PM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
He is not going to be available with the 2nd 1st

Look at the season he had plus upside. 15-20 bound pick
Can you then trade the LAC pick plus the Sixers pick in the 2nd to move up?
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2015, 12:33:32 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
He is not going to be available with the 2nd 1st

Look at the season he had plus upside. 15-20 bound pick
Can you then trade the LAC pick plus the Sixers pick in the 2nd to move up?
Going back through the past decade or so of draft day trades it seems that moving around within the 20s is very easy. If you have a high second you can pretty much move anywhere. I would think 28 and 33 could get you up to 22-24 if not even all the way to 20.

Even using our second #1 I think we could get up into the 25 area and if we throw in one of our many future 2s along with it we could get to that same 20ish range.

Since 2003 there have only been 2 instances of teams moving into the 15-20 range with that piece being the primary piece in the deal (ie these typically were used to trade up or to supplement established players in deals)

both of these happened to be for pick 18 and the cost was future protected #1s.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 12:47:05 PM by Ilikesports17 »
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2015, 12:37:59 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Christian Wood has a bit too much of Anthony Randolph going on for my taste.

He looks like a 6'11'' small forward with very little muscle on his frame and a mediocre jumper.

I'd rather take a chance on Upshaw, Dakari Johnson, Lucas, Luwawu, etc.  I want to see Danny draft some guys who have the physical attributes all there to be productive at the NBA level and just let Brad mold them into basketball players.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2015, 12:49:22 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
Christian Wood has a bit too much of Anthony Randolph going on for my taste.

He looks like a 6'11'' small forward with very little muscle on his frame and a mediocre jumper.

I'd rather take a chance on Upshaw, Dakari Johnson, Lucas, Luwawu, etc.  I want to see Danny draft some guys who have the physical attributes all there to be productive at the NBA level and just let Brad mold them into basketball players.
Agreed he is frighteningly skinny for me. Doesnt seem interested in playing down low, but perhaps that works in the "new NBA". I think we could do a lot worse but he does frighten me a bit in that regard. Can he add muscle and learn to be a force in the paint?

Jajuan Johnson is a guy that comes to mind, but I like the Randolph comp better
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2015, 12:52:59 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
The mock has changed.

http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-mock-draft/2015/

Has us taking Portis and  Justin Anderson.  Portis has some nice traits but he scares the heck out of me, too.  I think Anderson would be redundant if we keep Crowder.

I hope we don't draft a guy from the Cuse, that zone D, hurts them in the NBA, unless they are a transcendal offense guy like Carmelo, just say no.
I believe those mocks are just the power rankings synced up to the draft order, so it is purely BPA which is fine but if the order falls the way it does he has Looney, Harrel, RHJ, and Wood available at 16 and Vezenkov, Upshaw, Johnson, and George Lucas available at 28

Id be OK with any combo of the two and with our #2s we can surely move up any where we want in the 20-28 range

« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2015, 05:45:54 PM »

Offline konkmv

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
Trade sully and 16 for stanley johnson
pick 2 out 3 wood upsshaw dakari johnson wit 28 33
pick vezenkov with 45

« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2015, 06:57:57 PM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice
I think he would be a very good pick with the LA selection, I think it is a good gamble to invest in young long athletic players.

I also like the John Henson comparison from nbadraft. I'd like Henson too if we could but someone of that skill set won't dominate offensively but can rebound and block without playing 40 minutes. The complete opposite of what KO is now.

The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)