Author Topic: ***March Madness***  (Read 80157 times)

Re: ***March Madness***
« Reply #345 on: April 07, 2015, 12:46:45 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Forget Justise, Oke, or Kaminsky...I want the Dick Grayson lookalike in Green, lol ;D

Great game by Grayson Allen.

He looks like a young Ted Cruz to me.

Kind of annoyed that Duke won, but really annoyed that they caught so many breaks, especially late in the game.  Winslow got away with 2 late out-of-bounds violations (stepped out and the play where the ball hit his finger) that resulted in 5 Duke points and a missed FT.  Plus multiple uncalled blows to the head.   But Duke's guards took over down the stretch and deserve the credit. 

« Reply #346 on: April 07, 2015, 01:01:36 AM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
Of course Duke won. They're my least-favorite college basketball team.

I've never really adopted a college team to support but found it very easy to cheer against Duke. Thoroughly unlikable team, the 'Cameron Crazies' are what does it for me.

I've never had a problem with Coach K, but there's just something about Duke, though I can't pinpoint it, that rubs me the wrong way. It might go back to Christian Laettner and Bobby Hurley, who used to strike me as spoiled rich kids (even though they might not have been).
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #347 on: April 07, 2015, 07:42:25 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25635
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

I've never really adopted a college team to support but found it very easy to cheer against Duke. Thoroughly unlikable team, the 'Cameron Crazies' are what does it for me.

I've never had a problem with Coach K, but there's just something about Duke, though I can't pinpoint it, that rubs me the wrong way. It might go back to Christian Laettner and Bobby Hurley, who used to strike me as spoiled rich kids (even though they might not have been).

I don't think Bobby Hurley fits the "spoiled rich kid" mold.  Read up on his dad, who is one heck of a coach:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Hurley

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #348 on: April 07, 2015, 08:01:30 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Forget Justise, Oke, or Kaminsky...I want the Dick Grayson lookalike in Green

Stop right now, DO NOT DRIVE< go to an optometrist and get some new glasses, you need them dude. 

Foulweather, is right, he looks more like Ted Cruz.

I think I heard on Dan Patrick's show that 74% of the country was rooting for WIS.  Duke is hated but not universally hated.

I figured Duke would win because they have the better guards.   Tyus Jones, who has a face only a mother could love, is better than either of the WIS guards.   Good guard matters and they often take over the championship games.   WIS bigs played ok, but their guards killed them.  Jones killed them, they stopped Okafor and Kamisky outplayed him.  It was Allen and Jones, and especially Jones who won the game for Duke.   Duke always gets a ton of calls, but Okafor did not last night.

Dickie V doesn't stick his head in the sand when it comes to Duke.  Tons of the announcers love them and I think this turns people against them as well.   Their program dies as soon as Coach K leaves.   They will still win some games but they will be a psuedo power house after he goes just as Kansas and NC are long term coaches were replaced.

« Reply #349 on: April 07, 2015, 08:23:00 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Reading through this thread has me smiling, almost as much as Duke winning last night. Not quite, but almost.

Nothing better than listening to the sounds of haters grumbling over your success.

Bwhahahahaha!!!   :-*

« Reply #350 on: April 07, 2015, 10:49:12 AM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325

I don't think Bobby Hurley fits the "spoiled rich kid" mold.  Read up on his dad, who is one heck of a coach:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Hurley

Like I said—it seemed like they were spoiled rich kids. :) Anyway, whatever the reality of their situation, all I know is that they just rubbed me the wrong way, and to this day I don't want Duke winning a preseason game, much less a national title.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #351 on: April 07, 2015, 11:36:08 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
I enjoyed the game. Wisconsin was a better coached team. Duke got a few more calls. It wasn't crazy one way both got a few. In the end I thought this

Those wisnconsin guards are bad.
Along with
Winslow did good on the boards. Okafor was alright just missed too many easy ones. Frank was active but wore down. Dekker did well but you can see his limits. Hayes and Grayson was surprising. Duke guards hit big shots in the crunch. So often NCAA basketball comes down to guard play.

« Reply #352 on: April 07, 2015, 03:37:28 PM »

Offline Onslaught

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156
Live in NC and I'm a DUKE fan so I'm happy. I felt bad for the other team because I've got nothing against them. It's much better feeling to beat down UNC then a group of nice guys.
Peace through Tyranny

« Reply #353 on: April 07, 2015, 04:46:10 PM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #354 on: April 07, 2015, 07:55:52 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
Why are we not talking about the foul by Wisconsin with at least a ten second difference between the shot and the game clock, down three, Duke's possession.  Tyus Jones hit both free throws.  Game over.

To me, that decision was shocking.  I don't know if the player just got over aggressive on the trap or if Ryan called for a foul there.  If he did, I don't get it.  I would think he would trust his own team's defense over relying on Duke's best free throw shooter to miss from the line. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #355 on: April 07, 2015, 08:37:42 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25635
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Why are we not talking about the foul by Wisconsin with at least a ten second difference between the shot and the game clock, down three, Duke's possession.  Tyus Jones hit both free throws.  Game over.

To me, that decision was shocking.  I don't know if the player just got over aggressive on the trap or if Ryan called for a foul there.  If he did, I don't get it.  I would think he would trust his own team's defense over relying on Duke's best free throw shooter to miss from the line.

Yeah, for two extremely good coaches, there were some questionable decisions late.  Duke should never have attempted that outlet layup, and Wisconsin should have just played D and tried to get a chance to tie the game.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes