Author Topic: The 24 Hour Internet Outrage Cycle.  (Read 2248 times)

The 24 Hour Internet Outrage Cycle.
« on: April 07, 2015, 11:28:07 AM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2156
The only color that matters is GREEN

Re: The 24 Hour Internet Outrage Cycle.
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2015, 11:41:19 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
You've got too much time on your hands, JSD. ;)

I made it about 25 seconds into the video, and he had already started to repeat himself.  Not that I disagree with his point.

I'll be looking for this guy's next video, on people who demand apologies over the things they're outraged about (or maybe that was covered).

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2015, 11:49:43 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
The Internet Unfunny Hacks Mugging and Squealing at the Camera cycle continues unabated, I see.

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2015, 11:52:10 AM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
The Internet Unfunny Hacks Mugging and Squealing at the Camera cycle continues unabated, I see.

Is it fair to say that you are you outraged?

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2015, 12:01:11 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja

Is it fair to say that you are you outraged?
i know i am, and i am also outraged that you arent.  >:(
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2015, 12:03:56 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Charge me guilty.

I do this once or twice a week, especially on WWE articles. I don't go as far as insulting people but I feel like I can book a better wrestling show than WWE everytime I read an article that I feel is "dumb", and I'll proceed to tell everyone about it.

I need help.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2015, 12:12:10 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
"There is nothing more foolish, nothing more given to outrage than a useless mob."

While there's no definite date on this quote from Herodotus' Histories, we know it was probably written somewhere between 450 and 420 BC, as the entirety of the text was written in that 30 year span. That would make it about 2,465 years old, give or take. We can also assume that Herodotus was not the first to make this assessment, but simply the first to write it down in a way that has been remembered.

Therefore, I'll make the modest proposition that this phenomenon is not particularly new, the video is not particularly enlightening, and that the creators might have been better served doing something more productive with their time -- like, to pull an example from absolutely nowhere in particular, reading the Classics, perhaps.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2015, 12:22:38 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
"There is nothing more foolish, nothing more given to outrage than a useless mob."

While there's no definite date on this quote from Herodotus' Histories, we know it was probably written somewhere between 450 and 420 BC, as the entirety of the text was written in that 30 year span. That would make it about 2,465 years old, give or take. We can also assume that Herodotus was not the first to make this assessment, but simply the first to write it down in a way that has been remembered.

Therefore, I'll make the modest proposition that this phenomenon is not particularly new, the video is not particularly enlightening, and that the creators might have been better served doing something more productive with their time -- like, to pull an example from absolutely nowhere in particular, reading the Classics, perhaps.

I love this post.

I feel like you could take the smug off of it and use it as a non-margarine replacement for butter. Could people tell the difference? Not at first, but I bet when they find out that expired ingredients from Greece were used in making it, Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.[/color]-1694902226]the Food Babe will be all kinds of outraged.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner