Author Topic: 2016 draft Prospects  (Read 13431 times)

Re: 2016 draft Prospects
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2015, 06:21:32 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
I can understand the interest but it is way too early. Let's see how these kids do at least halfway through a college season 1st.

Remember the hype surrounding Cliff Alexander, Chris Walker,  Lebryan Nash , James Mcadoo and so and so on.

« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2015, 03:36:04 AM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
So Ingram has started to turn it on. Here is an update via youtube of his latest games:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boWYZqj4Jkk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xyhf5SsqpY

« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2015, 04:15:07 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
Does anyone have more Upside than Ingram. Sheesh...

« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2015, 05:43:24 AM »

Offline alewilliam789

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 76
Ingram is also pretty quick. He plays sg for his team I read in an article. Watch this video and look at his control with the ball and quickness. Many tweeters don't have the elite quickness to play sf  all the time but this kid does.imo
Also a very good 3 point shooter. Time will tell but he will be the youngest kid taken in the draft next year

Marcus Smart
James Young
Brandon Ingram
Myles Turner

Think about it...
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0k46dtm_7Q

I saw the same thing when I first watched him play. I want to see him create a little more with the ball, but thankfully he's more of a 3 than Jabari Parker was. To me he is just a more versatile basketball player because you can run a pick and roll for him, he can bring it up, and you can spot him up. With the Jabari the one red flag I saw right off the bat was that he wasn't a great 3 point shooter and he was mostly relegated to the post in Coach K's offense. If K is willing to put Ingram in these types of situations already than it at least shows that he is comfortable and can play on the outside with the quicker and speedy guards. My biggest surprise that I've seen with Ingram is his defense. I didn't hear much about him as a defensive prospect and I wondered how solid he was, but he slides his feet and uses his length very well together. My biggest worry is that he becomes another Austin Daye.

« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2015, 09:22:56 AM »

• Ray Allen
Ingram is also pretty quick. He plays sg for his team I read in an article. Watch this video and look at his control with the ball and quickness. Many tweeters don't have the elite quickness to play sf  all the time but this kid does.imo
Also a very good 3 point shooter. Time will tell but he will be the youngest kid taken in the draft next year

Marcus Smart
James Young
Brandon Ingram
Myles Turner

Think about it...
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0k46dtm_7Q

I saw the same thing when I first watched him play. I want to see him create a little more with the ball, but thankfully he's more of a 3 than Jabari Parker was. To me he is just a more versatile basketball player because you can run a pick and roll for him, he can bring it up, and you can spot him up. With the Jabari the one red flag I saw right off the bat was that he wasn't a great 3 point shooter and he was mostly relegated to the post in Coach K's offense. If K is willing to put Ingram in these types of situations already than it at least shows that he is comfortable and can play on the outside with the quicker and speedy guards. My biggest surprise that I've seen with Ingram is his defense. I didn't hear much about him as a defensive prospect and I wondered how solid he was, but he slides his feet and uses his length very well together. My biggest worry is that he becomes another Austin Daye.
Ya and he is a full year younger than Simmons and co. which will be big for his future because he needs to get stronger.

« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2015, 10:21:47 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Being younger doesn't always equate to being better. James Young can attest to that.

« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2015, 10:25:14 AM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261
Being younger doesn't always equate to being better. James Young can attest to that.

Of course not.  But it does imply more potential for growth.  One more factor to look at when evaluating talent.

« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2015, 10:27:20 AM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17
Thon is in the 2017 draft class. He is still in high school, wasn't able to reclass

« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2015, 11:11:48 AM »

• Ray Allen
I said he is younger because the first thing that will hold him back in the NBA is his thin body. Have you even seen him? Durant was even heavier as a freshman....by 15-20lbs.

In this case being younger is a positive because he will naturally get bigger/stronger. I also believe that is why he struggled and still can't impose his will on other teams.

« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2015, 11:12:41 AM »

• Ray Allen
Thon is in the 2017 draft class. He is still in high school, wasn't able to reclass

Ya this was originally made before that happened....way before.

« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2015, 12:20:27 AM »

• Ray Allen
Would also like to add a guy I have mentioned before. Not done a ton of research but the best comparison would have to be Rudy Gobert

JONATHAN JEANNE:7'2'' w/shoes, 7'7'' wingspan, I'M SPECULATING might have 9'5''plus standing reach at combine.

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Jonathan-Jeanne-73326/

Now eventually i will get around to doing more research. But about a year ago I mentioned him and Thomas Bryant as guys that could shoot up the draft board. Look for yourself at Jeanne. He is 18 and needs to add lean muscle to his frame, a lot like Gobert when he was drafted.

Scouts also think Jeanne has more offensive potential than Gobert, aside from dunks. I will also try do do some more digging.

Gobert comparison.....
-Gobert was 20 when he entered the draft, while Jeanne will be turning 19 in July, so its looks like Gobert was 1.3 years older than Jeanne at the combine and draft(if Jeanne is drafted this year). I think this is important because of the obv time gobert had on jeanne and how important gaining functional strength and lean muscle is for both of them and is one of the biggest knocks.

Gobert has done a good job adding lean muscle to his insane frame:7'8.5'' wingspan and 9'7'' standing reach. He is still just 23.

Gobert was 238lbs. at the combine and 4.4%bf, this will probably be a measuring stick for Jeanne, at least the weight. Jeanne is listed as 200 but idk yet if that is up to date( I will do more research).

If we do take Jeanne with a mid to first late rounder it will mean that DA and CBS think he has the potential to be something in a year or maybe 3.....

« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2015, 09:37:52 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 550
Just finished watching the Duke/Georgia Southern game.  Brandon Ingram looked really good all around.  His shooting looks good and he's got a quick release.  Good finishing drives to the basket.  Active on offense and defense.  Seems to be a good passer and ball handler.  If Ingram keeps this up against ACC competition, Simmons might just have some competition for the #1 spot. 

Here's a highlight dunk from the game.  The defender's feet were in the restricted zone so it ended up being called a block. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oK3zZZn4o44

Here's his highlights from the Indiana game. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xyhf5SsqpY

« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2015, 06:40:33 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 550
Here are Ingram's highlights from yesterday's game.  Good look at his all around abilities. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wE7K_3n69EE

« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2015, 07:10:05 PM »

Offline tomrod

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 26
Nice

« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2015, 07:20:53 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
I'm very glad that Ingram turned it around. His combination of length, agility, outrageous athleticism, and nice shooting stroke is tantalizing. Between Brown, Ingram, and Simmons the top of the draft looks pretty good right now.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers