Author Topic: Celtics (34-42) at Raptors (45-31) Game #77 4/4/15  (Read 43254 times)

Re: Celtics (34-42) at Raptors (45-31) Game #77 4/4/15
« Reply #315 on: April 05, 2015, 03:05:05 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998
Smart's game-winner only gets #4 in Sportscenter top 10  ::) C's never get any respect!

Forreals. How are the Lakers still getting on national TV when they are like one of the worst teams in the league?? Lakers are so redundant when they lose...always get blown out one way or another. The Celtics are grinding for a playoff spot and they ain't even on national TV, yet they put up the most interesting games this season.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #316 on: April 05, 2015, 07:51:03 AM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth
i was so upset with our final defensive possesion, all we had to do is stay home with Lou, since DeRozan in no 3pt shooter, and we failed to do so with Crowder going to help on the drive(???)
great win !!!
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

« Reply #317 on: April 05, 2015, 08:19:43 AM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1557
Welp.....35 wins .......I never thought they d get there.
How many would they have won had they kept Green and Rondo?

how many would we have won with doc rivers?

This accomplishment by stevens is way better than doc winning 41 games his last year here for obvious reasons.

would you also say he had a better team his last season here than CBS now? I would, CBS is amazing

yep, doc rivers sure did have a better team his last year. without a doubt!
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #318 on: April 05, 2015, 08:22:33 AM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1557

how many would we have won with doc rivers?

This accomplishment by stevens is way better than doc winning 41 games his last year here for obvious reasons.

would you also say he had a better team his last season here than CBS now? I would, CBS is amazing

Without a doubt. Rondo in his prime and older KG and PP still had more talent than we do now not counting our young ones' potential.

yeppers
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #319 on: April 05, 2015, 08:25:24 AM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
Was that last play a botched layup by Thomas or an actual attempt at a pass?

Gonna say a bit of both...hard to believe IT would think about passing it there since only 2.6 was on the clock when he touched it.  He went up, lost control/got fouled and maybe saw Smart peripherally and just muscled it over at him.

IT does have this knack for elevating for shots and making crazy last second passes right before he lands...

« Reply #320 on: April 05, 2015, 08:29:09 AM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372

Gonna say a bit of both...hard to believe IT would think about passing it there since only 2.6 was on the clock when he touched it.  He went up, lost control/got fouled and maybe saw Smart peripherally and just muscled it over at him.

IT does have this knack for elevating for shots and making crazy last second passes right before he lands...

ACTUALLY...

I just went back and looked at the replay over and over again.  IT is losing control but has an angle to put it up to the rim.  He definitely could have shot the ball.  And it looks like he was clearly passing it.

« Reply #321 on: April 05, 2015, 08:52:51 AM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969

ACTUALLY...

I just went back and looked at the replay over and over again.  IT is losing control but has an angle to put it up to the rim.  He definitely could have shot the ball.  And it looks like he was clearly passing it.

I watched it hundred times too.  I first thought he was fouled bumped on the arm , which altered the angle of the ball as it left his hands.

Seems , IT may have decided split second  as he released the all he had a bad chance at the  layup angle he was moving so fast,  and tweaked it off in the direction of Marcus.

Either way.....accident or on purpose ,    Marcus made the perfect catch , and instant release.....if he bumbles the ball at all the Celtics don't win.   Their was not more than. 1/10 sec margin of error.  Amazing

« Reply #322 on: April 05, 2015, 09:24:51 AM »

Online hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
history says a lot fewer doesnt it?
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #323 on: April 05, 2015, 09:40:58 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618
So, seems like Marcus Smart didn't recognize that ET was in this bad matchup at the 4.0 secs inbound and call time without inbounding (following CBS's instructions at the previous timeout - according to his interview): rookie mistake.

;D
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #324 on: April 05, 2015, 09:43:28 AM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
I think it probably was actually a pass... doesn't seem like he would miss that bad if he really just wanted to shoot.  He wasn't really loosing the ball as he went up, even if it was a tough layup.

That's a ballsy play but Thomas has made a few of those since he got here.  I love it personally because I find it frustrating that teams try to win the game on ISO and jump shots and wouldn't do something like drop off a pass to a cutter at the end.  I hope it is true.  I know Thomas had a ball hog reputation and he takes some questionable threes but he is actually a willing passer.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2015, 09:49:02 AM by Snakehead »
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford