Author Topic: KG, Pierce send off with Westbrook and Love to the c's  (Read 2087 times)

KG, Pierce send off with Westbrook and Love to the c's
« on: April 03, 2015, 06:12:22 PM »

Offline Whitelobstah

• Maine Celtic
  • Tommy Points: 2
Hey I've been reading Celticsblog forums for years and never made an account to ever comment. But today is the first one. I feel like the fireworks are about to happen this summer.So here are my thoughts and realistic ideas on what the C's should do.

BOS trades: Marcus Smart, Evan Turner, Gerald Wallace, 2016 Dallas 1st, 2016 & 2018 Brookyln 1st's, 2015 & 2016 76er 2nd's

for

OKC: Russel Westbrook

http://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/6575353

Who says no? And Why?

Why for Bos: Well Russel Westbrook is a beast, simple as that. He has shown he can carry a team in a stacked West Coast Conference and his aggressive play is extremely fun to watch and effective on the basketball court. Currently Westbrook is averaging 27.6 ppg, 7.3 rpg, 8.7 apg in 34.1 minutes. This dude can play and in my opinion could be in the MVP race. Boston needs a player who can score, attack the rim and solid defensive play. Danny puts it all on the line for his master plan to finally unfold. 3 1st's & a couple 2nd's to take on the Wallace contract to make the money work. Still have plenty of assets and flexibility to add other players around this star.

Why for OKC: Well Kevin Durant is a beast as well, simple as that. Durant is out for the season but OKC is still hanging out due to solid play by the front court and the forthcoming of Westbrook. Westbrook needs the ball, he is a star. Kevin Durant also needs the ball and is a better star, top 3 player in the league. Losing a star player like Westbrook will hurt, but it needs to happen. Refilling the void with a rising defensive star pg in Marcus Smart and a decent role player/ ball handler and scorer in Evan Turner plus 3 1'sts and 76ers 2nd's. Money works... Trust in KD.

Smart/Augustine
Waiters/Turner/Roberson/Lamb
Durant/Morrow/Jones III/Wallace
Ibaka/Mcgary/Collision
Adams/Kanter
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Boston then s&t with Cleveland for Love

Bos trades: Sullinger, Olynyk, 2016 Miami 2nd, 2016 & 2017 Cleveland 2nd picks back

Cleveland signs and trades Kevin Love for the 5 year max deal

Who says no? And Why?

Why for Cleveland: The Love experience isn't the best situation. Yes they are winning games, and yes they are the Eastern Conference favorites. But, something is sour, not smooth. Multiple cases of Love and Lebron's lack of friendship and so forth. He is signing elsewhere next year, so might as well get Bostons two best big men. Sullinger and olynyk could be a nice addition as stretch bigs. Plus we get our 2nd rounders back and an extra 2nd. All we have to do is give him the 5 year max and trade him. Done.

Why for Bos: The core is set. The friendship of Kevin Love and Russell Westbrook finally unites on the basketball court. Here in Boston. Finally glad to see our patience and the players hard work in development is paying off. 2 1st tier players. Love signs for 5 year max, Westbrook has 2 years left of his 5 yr(s) / $78,595,310 deal. So roughly 16 mil per year. We still have multiple assets and money to work with to fill out the roster.

So what will Danny do?
Nba mock draft says Oubre may be available with one of our 1st round picks.
2 1'st rounders and 2 2nds.
Lets go on a farewell tour. Make this the most exciting team this year for everyone. Resign Paul Pierce and KG. They get a farewell tour and a chance for another ring with Boston, going down as legends. Who else are the perfect mentors for these young draft picks.  Pierce teaches Oubre and Young the NBA way to score and KG teaches our Big men how to defend and be a true Celtic.
We use the Brad Stevens philosophy and we go small ball. Fun team to watch and seems like it would compete and bring basketball back to Boston.

IT4/ Olivier Hanlan*
Westbrook/ Bradley
Pierce/ Oubre*/ Young
Love/ Bass/ Jerebko/ Obekpa*
KG/ Zeller/ Dakari Johnson*

*Draft picks

So what do you guys think? I know it seems like a pipe dream, but I still think this is reasonable and fair for each party. Do you think that team is a championship contender? I would love some responses and would appreciate the input.

Re: KG, Pierce send off with Westbrook and Love to the c's
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2015, 06:34:51 PM »

Offline jonaslopes

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 31
It's nice seeing him get exposed as overrated after having argued with fellow fans for years that he was overrated.. but I don't hate him. I'm looking forward to seeing him [...] bounce around to a couple more teams... eventually come back to Boston[...] and helps us as a role player until he runs himself out of the league.
LarBrd33 on Rondo

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2015, 06:36:48 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
I can't see okc trading a top 10 player unless they get one back like a big man to help Durant. As in Westbrook and 2016 okc 1st for Cousins and Kings 2015 1st. But seeing how Westbrook is under control they may do Durant + Kanter (s&t) for Cousins, Gay, and kings 2015 and 2016 1st.

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2015, 06:44:02 PM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367
You should read this: http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=77330.0

Um... fans never proposed lopsided trades before LIVE and 2K?

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2015, 11:26:36 PM »

Offline Bucketgetter

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 11
I would love to get Westbrook and I would't be surprised if the thunder did pull the trigger and trade either westbrook or durant because both are ball dominant. I don't think the celtics have the assets to pull it off though. Yeah we have draft picks, but the thunder want to win NOW and I think they would need better current players than we have to offer.
CB Mock Deadline - Minnesota Timberwolves
Kemba Walker / Tyus Jones / Aaron Brooks
Jimmy Butler / Jamal Crawford / Treveon Graham
Rodney Hood / Nic Batum / Marcus Georges Hunt
Taj Gibson / Nemanja Bjelica / Jonas Jerebko
KAT / Derrick Favors / Cole Aldrich
Picks - 2018 CHA 1st (Lotto protected), none out

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2015, 12:13:44 AM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
KD's not even remotely as ball-dominant as people seem to believe. I think many get the wrong idea about him because he's such a prolific scorer.

This chart shows the highest time of possession for non-point guards for the 2013-14 season:

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2015, 06:47:03 AM »

Offline Depalma2002

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 17
1. I don't think Russell Westbrook is going anywhere and if it were, like previous posters have said they need to get a top 5 player in return, something the C's can't offer.

2. I don't think KG leaves Minnesota. It has long been assumed that he would spend his retirement years as part of the Timberwolves ownership group so I think he is retiring after this season or staying with the Wolves for 1 more year to mentor an Okafor or Towns for a season.

3. Only need to give up assets for Love if he opts in to the last year of his contract and then you need to factor in that he will be getting the new higher post-tv money max.

On second glance, I think you have the Cavs signing Love to a 5 year deal and then trading him tot he Celtics so I think you are basing this trade off the old CBA rules. Under the current CBA the only way the Cavs could sign Love to the 5-year max and then deal him to the Celtics is if the trade occurred after December 15 and I don't think that is what you are thinking. If they are doing a true sign and trade then Love cannot be given any more than he could by signing with the C's outright (4 yrs with 4.5% increases).

Since the C's will have the cap room to sign him outright, there is no incentive for them or for Love to do a sign and trade rather than signing him outright.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2015, 06:53:05 AM by Depalma2002 »