Author Topic: james young red claws  (Read 25045 times)

james young red claws
« on: April 03, 2015, 10:02:31 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
14 points while taking 17shots and 2 for 8 on threes-red claws lose by 2 -90 to 88--

Re: james young red claws
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2015, 10:28:45 AM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
Ouch.

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2015, 10:58:45 AM »

Offline Global Celtic

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 84
I wonder if this kid has the desire and mindset (not the talent) to become a good NBA player.

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2015, 11:14:04 AM »

Offline Wretch

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
He's averaging 21.1 points on 45.7% from the filed over 15 games played (44.3% from 3) and 4.7 rebounds.  Let's not read too much into a single bad night of shooting.

http://stats.nbadleague.com/playerStats.html?PlayerID=203923

These stats don't mean he will be a contributor on an NBA roster, but he's not a bust yet, especially considering his age and draft position.

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2015, 11:21:02 AM »

Offline ctrey

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 110
Can we give this guy some time? He is really young. We have bailed on Billups, Johnson and heck, even Gerald Green and they all turned into good to great pros. Lets take some time on him shall we?

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2015, 11:40:01 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Shooting strokes like his do not grow on trees, I say give him at least three years.

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2015, 11:41:27 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
i didn't knock him,just reported numbers not even%, i watch red claw games only to check on his development -going to hoop ,defense.

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2015, 12:18:55 PM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
This should have gone under the thread already made about James Young updates...its called James Young Updates...

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2015, 12:19:57 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
He's super young. Give him time. He still has the potential to be a really nice trade chip some day.

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2015, 12:28:39 PM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
Shooting strokes like his do not grow on trees, I say give him at least three years.
Yes.tp. His shot is dirty
http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Klay-Thompson-5490/stats/

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/James-Young-6462/stats/

Just look at Klay Thompson. It took him 3 years of college to be able to be a contributer. James Young has the potential to be our Klay Thompson. Just look at the links and compare.

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2015, 12:30:44 PM »

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 285
Hopefully he plays in Des Moines tomorrow....I'll be there.   

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2015, 12:32:22 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
i didn't knock him,just reported numbers not even%, i watch red claw games only to check on his development -going to hoop ,defense.
rollie, since you watch the games (thank you) would you be able to tell us about young's defense? i know his offense will not be a problem. but given his slight build and youth, defense seems to be lacking.

is he making any improvements? and if so, how?

thanks in advance.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2015, 12:56:33 PM »

Online byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 3033
Oh c'mon.

He's shooting 44% on 8 x 3PTA for the season. Best in the DLeague after Seth Curry.

« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2015, 01:34:01 PM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
i'm sorry,i think its too soon but i don't think he has any smart in him-small sample size-d league not very defensive but don't see any mimicing of bradley or smart -still getting his game legs maybe-this year was a waste-should have stayed at kentucky-he is sort of, so smooth  his effort might not show through-he needs so much at his young age to be NBA force -dantome has proven himself for years as a shooter--if young doesn't work on being anything but catch and shoot --when dwight powell played for red clawsplayed with an intensity and a different kind of motor-i haven't warmed up to this james game-very little edge t o it -but a sweet stroke and being a drop dead shooter might be a different breed-seems straight line ,very little ability to create,no right hand-------

« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2015, 01:41:30 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
i'm sorry,i think its too soon but i don't think he has any smart in him-small sample size-d league not very defensive but don't see any mimicing of bradley or smart -still getting his game legs maybe-this year was a waste-should have stayed at kentucky-he is sort of, so smooth  his effort might not show through-he needs so much at his young age to be NBA force -dantome has proven himself for years as a shooter--if young doesn't work on being anything but catch and shoot --when dwight powell played for red clawsplayed with an intensity and a different kind of motor-i haven't warmed up to this james game-very little edge t o it -but a sweet stroke and being a drop dead shooter might be a different breed-seems straight line ,very little ability to create,no right hand-------
thanks. it seems the defense will have to be a work in process for a while longer.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva