Maine's season is over. Just watched the last game to check on Young.
The game was ugly! No structured basketball, a lot of chucking.70 3PAs combined. No centers for both teams for the majority of the game.
Average game for Young, but the Red Claws did not really run anything to get him going. A lot of standing in the right corner, weak cross to the left corner, meanwhile somebody has already shot the ball.
- very good rebounding - some contested ones, ball at the highest point
- no chucking on offense, made the right pass. As usually, a couple of nice looking Js.
- had a few nice hustle plays on D
- solid on D, but he was guarding secondary options for the Mad Ants
- still no aggression in his offense. Those handles are really limiting his driving game.
- 2/4 at the line. Same problem as with the Celtics - first FT rushed and missed, second made.
Overall, not a lot to tell about Young from that game.
I hope he has a healthy off-season and works on handles and fundamentals on D. Right now he is not playing the running off screens SG game like JJ Redick and Ray and he does not have the handles for the TMac, Kobe iso-game. He is obviously not a 3&D SG either. I doubt he will be playing SF full-time. Some role needs to be defined next year and the necessary skills - developed.