Author Topic: james young red claws  (Read 25044 times)

Re: james young red claws
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2015, 03:10:34 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Can we give this guy some time? He is really young. We have bailed on Billups, Johnson and heck, even Gerald Green and they all turned into good to great pros. Lets take some time on him shall we?
Woah woah woah. Billups became good on like his 3rd or 4th team and GG became decent after a trip to Moscow. I'm not interested in waiting that long

« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2015, 03:44:16 PM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
hwang-the red claws home page has games live and on full replay-and highlites of  just young in at  least 4  games-

« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2015, 04:27:43 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
As a general rule I try to not give up on sweet shooting guys who are 6'6" have huge wingspans and decent athleticism until at least their 21st birthday.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2015, 01:56:36 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
hits for 30 points making six  3pointers-playoffs for him coming up,that should give him some good minutes -the teams top scorer bumped up to nba-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYja9WWZNrA
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2015, 02:25:10 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Any D highlights?

« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2015, 02:30:15 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
Any D highlights?
I dont think so. Ive tried to watch bits of their games (they are all available on youtube through the dleague website) and I think there is improvement. From what I can his biggest struggle is tracking guys when they move a lot without the ball around screens and whatnot. His one on one D leaves some to be desired as he tends to leave to much cushion and allow guys to shoot over him but he has the wingspan to at least get a decent contest most of the time. The improvement has been in concentration and play making. Several times Ive watched him take advantage of lackadaisical play and get his hands on sloppy passes and sloppy dribbling. He also gets his hands on a lot of loose balls like Jerebko does.

Overall, hes improving on D, but has a ways to go before he isnt a liability anymore at the NBA level.

« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2015, 07:04:20 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
first playoff game starting on ESPNU now.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2015, 07:15:16 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Losing Frazier and Babb has had to hurt their playoff chances, right? Well, at least they got Young back.

Edit: Just noticed that Babb is actually playing - glad he gets to play at the most important time of the year.

« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2015, 07:21:34 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Can we give this guy some time? He is really young. We have bailed on Billups, Johnson and heck, even Gerald Green and they all turned into good to great pros. Lets take some time on him shall we?
Woah woah woah. Billups became good on like his 3rd or 4th team and GG became decent after a trip to Moscow. I'm not interested in waiting that long

That's fine and all, but he was seen as raw when he was drafted.  If he hasn't met your expectations, it's because you set them too high.

« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2015, 07:23:31 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
It's Steez vs. Young!

« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2015, 07:37:56 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254

That's fine and all, but he was seen as raw when he was drafted.  If he hasn't met your expectations, it's because you set them too high.
What I didn't expect was for him to take till his 4th team and 5th year to be anything resembling decent at all.

« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2015, 07:42:27 PM »

Offline aingeforthree

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 134
As a general rule I try to not give up on sweet shooting guys who are 6'6" have huge wingspans and decent athleticism until at least their 21st birthday.

You should really change your rule to the 23rd or 24th birthday.

« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2015, 07:45:55 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson

You should really change your rule to the 23rd or 24th birthday.
Ya I dont really have a rule I was just posting it to suggest that it was entirely ridiculous to give up on this kid at this point.

« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2015, 07:58:56 PM »

Online hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
patience is always in short supply around these parts.  ::)

by the way, young now has 11 points and 5 rebounds after a bad start. babb has 6 points and 3 rebounds.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2015, 08:21:25 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
Lil Pac has one of the fastest releases I have ever seen. Not only is it quick, it's pretty. How he does it, I don't know but I love seeing it.

Now, his defense is certainly his offense, he has to offset it or outdo it with offense because his defense is HORRIBLE. I really don't get it, he has the physical tools to be a much better defender but at times he is standing straight up and being blown by.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)