Author Topic: Gorgui Dieng  (Read 1980 times)

Gorgui Dieng
« on: April 03, 2015, 12:39:09 AM »

Offline Bucketgetter

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 11
I'm a timberwolves and celtics fan and gorgui could be perfect for the c's. Twolves already have Pek and will likely draft either Okafor or Towns. Celtics need a rim protector and have the draft picks to trade for Dieng. What would the the wolves take for him?
CB Mock Deadline - Minnesota Timberwolves
Kemba Walker / Tyus Jones / Aaron Brooks
Jimmy Butler / Jamal Crawford / Treveon Graham
Rodney Hood / Nic Batum / Marcus Georges Hunt
Taj Gibson / Nemanja Bjelica / Jonas Jerebko
KAT / Derrick Favors / Cole Aldrich
Picks - 2018 CHA 1st (Lotto protected), none out

Re: Gorgui Dieng
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2015, 01:33:51 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2919
I'm a timberwolves and celtics fan and gorgui could be perfect for the c's. Twolves already have Pek and will likely draft either Okafor or Towns. Celtics need a rim protector and have the draft picks to trade for Dieng. What would the the wolves take for him?

I would guess that they'd look to move Pek first over Dieng.

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2015, 02:36:19 AM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318

Especially if they end up with Okafor since he and Pek would have some redundancy issues. Although Towns and Pek might not be too bad of a fit as an inside outside compliment.

Problem is he's only played some like 52% of games since signing that monster contract.

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2015, 10:10:56 AM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182

Especially since 1) Pekovic doesn't fit the new direction of the team AT ALL (he's a plodding, immobile center on a team full of a bouncy, rangy young athletes) and 2) Pekovic has had issues staying healthy in recent seasons.

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2015, 11:21:14 AM »

Offline number_n9ne

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 126
I'd be thrilled to trade for him (I wanted him over Kelly that draft), but we're gonna just win the lottery and draft Okafor anyways  :P

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2015, 11:32:07 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Typical NBALIVE trade.

Dieng is playing a lot for them.   He is the future there.   Read this, he is not on the block

https://www.minnpost.com/sports/2015/01/indomitable-gorgui-dieng

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2015, 02:15:01 AM »

Offline konkmv

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
Not happening

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2015, 02:56:38 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
I'd be thrilled to trade for him (I wanted him over Kelly that draft), but we're gonna just win the lottery and draft Okafor anyways  :P

I didn't want the billy goat, either, lol ;D, but I'm curious as to why you wanted him.  Did you watch a lot of Louisville games, because, from where I sit, going by his college numbers obviously doesn't do him justice.  It's harder to judge most big guys now, anyway, imo, because there aren't many of them to begin with, and very rarely are they given the shots to show their skills.  Plus, I'm skeptical of Pitino actually having, developing, and utilizing a traditional big man, given that his style is all about 3 pointers regardless of position.  Actually, that's not fair - Samardo Samuels is an excellent post player and he played for Pitino as well.  Sigh.  The bottom line here is that this idea wouldn't have entered your mind if Ainge had signed Whiteside.  Ugh.

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2015, 03:23:15 AM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549

Especially since 1) Pekovic doesn't fit the new direction of the team AT ALL (he's a plodding, immobile center on a team full of a bouncy, rangy young athletes) and 2) Pekovic has had issues staying healthy in recent seasons.
I'm sure they'd love to move Pek but who would want him?  He has 3 more years for about 36mil total left on his contract.  They'd have to give up something really good to get a team to take Pek.