Author Topic: Bucks (37-38) at Celtics (34-41) Game #76 4/3/15  (Read 49452 times)

Re: Bucks (37-38) at Celtics (34-41) Game #76 4/3/15
« Reply #330 on: April 03, 2015, 10:23:07 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
Toronto should be tired.  They finished later than us by a few minutes at Brooklyn and they had five players play over 30 minutes and we had only one, AB.  Brooklyn should be tired as they had 4 players play 36 minutes or more while Atlanta rested and waits.  As several others mentioned, the Hawks own the Nets first rounder, so they should be motivated to try to help keep the Nets out of the playoffs and help make that pick a lotto pick!!!

Only chance we really have is IF we win tomorrow at Toronto and the Nets lose in Atlanta.  Aren't we 8-1 in back-to-backs since January 1???

Smitty77

« Reply #331 on: April 03, 2015, 10:23:11 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
The schedule says the C's aren't making it in I'm afraid. Going to take at least 4 more wins.

Toronto(1), Detroit, Cavs (1), Bucks? Going to be rough, though Bucks/Cavs/Raptors might be resting the next week or so.
I am trying to calculate too, but all I can think now is why the F did we lose tonight...
Milwaukee sucked after the trade, we needed the W way more badly than they did and we played at home...
Tonight might turn out be a very costly loss.
i think the answer to your question is that the celtics simply are not a good team....yet. some nights they execute well and play to the most of their ability. on those nights, when the other team is mediocre, poor, or p--- poor, the celtics can win.

on any other night, it takes luck to over come the talent on other teams.  :P
Yup, talent-wise the Bucks are superior to us, and this is true for most teams even in the Eastern Conference... Just look at Miami's roster... Again we are punching above our weight thanks to good team chemistry, our players giving all they have and good coaching. We are a case of the sum being greater than the parts.
Btw, this is slightly irrelevant but whatever, looking at Bucks tonight and wondering why they sucked so badly after the trade, apart from the obvious (Knight>MCW), the absence of Sanders was noticeable.
Apparently he suffers from clinical depression, wish him the best.

« Reply #332 on: April 03, 2015, 10:23:20 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
If we lose tomorrow I would prefer us to lose the rest of the games lol Maybe we can strategically rest players against Detroit and the others if we lose tomorrow and our playoff chances go down considerably.  ;)

« Reply #333 on: April 04, 2015, 08:36:28 AM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth
the refs did a number on us yesterday, one of the worst officiated games this year. but some credit goes to the bucks, imho they won the game in the 3rd qtr in a 8 min span, but the c's had some great chances to get back and they came short due to bad(terriblee) callsssss.
BOUNCE BACK GUYS!!!
p.s. jerebko is a keeper
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

« Reply #334 on: April 04, 2015, 09:19:22 AM »

Online hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
The schedule says the C's aren't making it in I'm afraid. Going to take at least 4 more wins.

Toronto(1), Detroit, Cavs (1), Bucks? Going to be rough, though Bucks/Cavs/Raptors might be resting the next week or so.
I am trying to calculate too, but all I can think now is why the F did we lose tonight...
Milwaukee sucked after the trade, we needed the W way more badly than they did and we played at home...
Tonight might turn out be a very costly loss.
i think the answer to your question is that the celtics simply are not a good team....yet. some nights they execute well and play to the most of their ability. on those nights, when the other team is mediocre, poor, or p--- poor, the celtics can win.

on any other night, it takes luck to over come the talent on other teams.  :P
Yup, talent-wise the Bucks are superior to us, and this is true for most teams even in the Eastern Conference... Just look at Miami's roster... Again we are punching above our weight thanks to good team chemistry, our players giving all they have and good coaching. We are a case of the sum being greater than the parts.
Btw, this is slightly irrelevant but whatever, looking at Bucks tonight and wondering why they sucked so badly after the trade, apart from the obvious (Knight>MCW), the absence of Sanders was noticeable.
Apparently he suffers from clinical depression, wish him the best.

good points, good sentiments, good morning.  ;D on sanders, if he can over come his depression, and i too wish him luck, then i it might be nice if the celtics can land him.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #335 on: April 04, 2015, 09:57:01 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Sometimes superior talent trumps team effort.

:-*

« Reply #336 on: April 04, 2015, 10:31:38 AM »

Offline JHTruth

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 111
If we lose tonight it's pretty much over. Then we can just lose out and grab the 9 hopefully..

« Reply #337 on: April 04, 2015, 10:44:51 AM »

Offline Jonny CC

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 76
LOL i feel like Smart gets angry because he doesnt get his shot attempts.

Can't really blame him. It will be interesting to see what they do next year. They should hand him the keys to the offense and not have him playing with Turner so much, because that's killing his offensive development the way Stevens is utilizing him on O so far.

Not even an assist for him in 28 minutes.

Not surprising. he doesn't hardly touch the ball on the offensive end.

Yea thats what im saying...something not right.

Pretty much has been that way all season, too. I think Turner's game doesn't help Smart at all either.

We've sacrificed player development for the chance at the 8th seed. Turner has had the keys to the offense all season while Smart has sat on the sidelines.

Now we didn't develop our rookie or make the playoffs. Ugly Season.

They tried to make the playoffs because that's what good teams do.  Making the playoffs is better for player development and coach development then playing extra minutes during the regular season. 
Before a game on Christmas against the Pacers, Bird told Chuck Person that he had a present for him. During the game, Bird shot a 3-pointer in front of Person. Immediately after releasing the ball, Bird said to Person, "Merry F!#*ing Christmas!" and then the shot went in.

« Reply #338 on: April 04, 2015, 11:05:57 AM »

Online hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • bammokja

Can't really blame him. It will be interesting to see what they do next year. They should hand him the keys to the offense and not have him playing with Turner so much, because that's killing his offensive development the way Stevens is utilizing him on O so far.

Pretty much has been that way all season, too. I think Turner's game doesn't help Smart at all either.

We've sacrificed player development for the chance at the 8th seed. Turner has had the keys to the offense all season while Smart has sat on the sidelines.

They tried to make the playoffs because that's what good teams do.  Making the playoffs is better for player development and coach development then playing extra minutes during the regular season.
not to say this statement is incorrect, but it doesnt ring right to me at first glance. would you be able to provide some support for the assertion that playoffs develops young players more than extra regular season minutes? usually, younger players get less playing time during playoffs, yes?
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #339 on: April 04, 2015, 11:16:34 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818

not to say this statement is incorrect, but it doesnt ring right to me at first glance. would you be able to provide some support for the assertion that playoffs develops young players more than extra regular season minutes? usually, younger players get less playing time during playoffs, yes?

Not sure how one would go about proving that, but one thing is for sure, Marcus Smart hasn't been hurting for playing minutes. He's been playing plenty, at times more than deserves, starting for a team that is making a playoff push.

« Reply #340 on: April 04, 2015, 12:32:37 PM »

Offline Jonny CC

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 76

I don't have any concrete proof other than the fact that I have heard a number of comments from former players, coaches, etc say that playing in the playoffs is a great experience for young players and a young coach.   I have heard that multiple times in direct reference to Stevens and I agree with it. However, I also think that there something to be said for getting some in-game playing time for the youngsters.  I don't want to see another situation like when Reggie Lewis never played as a rookie. 
Maybe I have my green-colored glasses on, but to say this is an "ugly season" and that we didn't develop our rookies is a bad exaggeration.  Compared to what we started with on Game 1, I think it's turned into a fun team that has a lot to look forward to.
Before a game on Christmas against the Pacers, Bird told Chuck Person that he had a present for him. During the game, Bird shot a 3-pointer in front of Person. Immediately after releasing the ball, Bird said to Person, "Merry F!#*ing Christmas!" and then the shot went in.

« Reply #341 on: April 04, 2015, 12:35:47 PM »

Online hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • bammokja

I don't have any concrete proof other than the fact that I have heard a number of comments from former players, coaches, etc say that playing in the playoffs is a great experience for young players and a young coach.   I have heard that multiple times in direct reference to Stevens and I agree with it. However, I also think that there something to be said for getting some in-game playing time for the youngsters.  I don't want to see another situation like when Reggie Lewis never played as a rookie. 
Maybe I have my green-colored glasses on, but to say this is an "ugly season" and that we didn't develop our rookies is a bad exaggeration.  Compared to what we started with on Game 1, I think it's turned into a fun team that has a lot to look forward to.
thanks for the explanation, and i agree, this team has turned out to be fun. and i believe it will get better. playoffs for sure next year!  ;D
- Vandana Shiva