Author Topic: We might of missed out on Capela  (Read 3065 times)

We might of missed out on Capela
« on: March 31, 2015, 07:10:14 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
I get why Danny got Young. There is still time for Young to come around.  Just worried about his mediocre quickness, athleticism , no right hand. 

We had a need for size, above the rim capable player(more immediate).Capela also has potential to be a good one (like a less skilled version of Noel).  I was personally hoping Danny take a chance and grab Capela with our 2nd 1st. He would of helped now (6'11, 7'4 wingspan, explosive) like he is the Rockets. If we got another crack at the 2014 draft, would you have chosen Capela instead? 

Last night highlights vs Raptors
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-rkbypRB2c
« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 07:20:51 PM by triboy16f »

Re: We might of missed out on Capela
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2015, 07:30:16 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
I get why Danny got Young. There is still time for Young to come around.  Just worried about his mediocre quickness, athleticism , no right hand. 

We had a need for size, above the rim capable player(more immediate).Capela also has potential to be a good one (like a less skilled version of Noel).  I was personally hoping Danny take a chance and grab Capela with our 2nd 1st. He would of helped now (6'11, 7'4 wingspan, explosive) like he is the Rockets. If we got another crack at the 2014 draft, would you have chosen Capela instead? 

Last night highlights vs Raptors
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-rkbypRB2c
I get where you are coming from. He is a project big but he's young, explosive, long, etc. also 8 points 9 boards 3 blocks is impressive. the sample size is to small to take much from but it's certainly not a bad sign .

I was afraid of him because he was rumored to have bad bball iq and I started having fab melo flashbacks. I wouldn't say we missed on him because he was such a mystery and he still is a complete mystery.i would not trade james young for him, but understand why someone would.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2015, 07:33:03 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922
I'm not sure I'm ready to give up on Young yet, but I was very intrigued by Capela and was hoping Danny could swing a deal for him when he wasn't happy down there in Houston.

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2015, 08:00:35 PM »

Offline YeezusChrist

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 19
I brought this up yesterday during the game but I looked more into him after I saw that he looked a little small on the court and he is listed at 6'9 by the rockets so he would just be another pf for us so i'm not too concerned about this. There are a lot of athletic international bigs we can snag with our 2nd rounders

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2015, 08:01:02 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
I'm a fan.

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2015, 08:01:51 PM »

Offline YeezusChrist

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 19
Also his basketball iq is still in question that's why he has barely gotten any nba time and has been subpar in his d-league time.

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2015, 08:41:08 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Also his basketball iq is still in question that's why he has barely gotten any nba time and has been subpar in his d-league time.

His iq from a small sample size of games , looks to be ok. On that highlight from yesterday that little drop off under the basket was the right move. If Melo was in that positiin who knows what he would of prob done. Try to dunk it , get blocked, land on the ball and get a concussion or something

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2015, 08:55:55 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

His iq from a small sample size of games , looks to be ok. On that highlight from yesterday that little drop off under the basket was the right move. If Melo was in that positiin who knows what he would of prob done. Try to dunk it , get blocked, land on the ball and get a concussion or something
Small sample size is misleading the dude has played 40 minutes in the NBA. For me and I would assume most other fans, his scout report has not been modified since draft night. since than he has played a bunch of good d league basketball and had 1 good night in the NBA. Him and Young are both projects and everyone knew that coming in. If you prefered young on draft night you probably prefer him now. If you preferred Capela, you probably prefer him now. Neither have done much of anything and both have been good in the D-league.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2015, 09:14:52 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
Would of, could of, should of.....

Woulda, coulda, shoulda,

Would've, could've, should've...

Tomaytoe, Tomahtoe.....potaytoe, potahto....

Greek freak, Whiteside, Capela..... Regret.... It is that female dog.

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2015, 09:50:24 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
He scored his first NBA points on 3/30/15 did not the season start in late October?  Gimme a break.  Sometimes this seems like the spilt milk forum...

« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2015, 10:01:54 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
I think as 19 year old raw big men go Cappella looks pretty good. He hasn't played for the Rockets because they haven't needed him yet and at 19 I'm not sure how much he would have helped. He has done great in the NBDL. I watched a lot of that game and thought Cappella looked really good, especially for a 19 year old that has hardly played. He was playing against some good bigs in Toronto and more than held his own. He had one play where he sorta went over the back against Tyler Hansbrough and totally beat him on it. He was very springy and bouncy.

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2015, 10:13:52 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
He scored his first NBA points on 3/30/15 did not the season start in late October?  Gimme a break.  Sometimes this seems like the spilt milk forum...

TP....grass is always greener is another cliche that comes to mind.

« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2015, 10:18:34 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Who we missed out on was Willie Cauley-Stein, In Bill Simmons most recent podcast he said that WCS would have declared last year had the Celtics given him a promise at 17. :-(
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2015, 10:23:12 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Might have.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2015, 10:27:17 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Who we missed out on was Willie Cauley-Stein, In Bill Simmons most recent podcast he said that WCS would have declared last year had the Celtics given him a promise at 17. :-(

Eh?? WCS would of been probably chosen by 20 regardless