Author Topic: The love affair with Philadelphia  (Read 56187 times)

Re: The love affair with Philadelphia
« Reply #60 on: April 02, 2015, 10:36:51 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 551
I don't love philly roster or any single player yet by any stretch. Some of the moves they have made are pretty ugly as well. But I admire their guts to go full tank mode. I wouldn't want to C's to do it that way only because  it is too much risk IMO. You may have to suck 5 years before you are good. By then the first talent crop you drafted are already FAs and may walk cause they hate all the sucking so long. Then again if they hit like OKC and pay their players they are golden. I say good luck to them and hope it's a epic Atlantic division with a Good Knicks, 76ers, and C's. (NOT Nets)
What moves have they made that you think are ugly?  They are not just tanking to get better.  They have traded for several good 1st round picks and a bunch of 2nd rounders.  They have a lot of cap space available.  Their first talent crop consists of Noel (2nd year) and Saric (still in Europe so not under contract yet).  Players in their 1st contract become restricted free agents.  The only way they can just walk away is if they give up a lot of money by taking their qualifying offer.  Monroe did it this year but it doesn't happen very often.

I don't think my opinion would matter to you as I can tell you are all in with Philly but here it is. What I find ugly is waiving numerous NBA players though just bench quality is bad business. Taking on salary and cap hits in added years in some of the waivers for low 1st doesn't help as low 1st usually just net you bench players. 2nd round picks hardly ever make past 4 years in the NBA so those are probably garbage. I like the higher picks like the Laker one "potentially" but when you give up a player with talent and potential to get it it's just going in circles. Even when they moved Young they didn't get much just moved him to be a worse team, no good compensation for a player that was producing at okay $. KJ looked like a draft steal but he could have won them a few games by himself so he got traded, smh. The things I like that Philly has done is the drafting and the "guts" to put a DL team out every night to have a horrible record guaranteeing a top 5 pick. The waiver scrubs that philly fans want to call players are a not even worth talking about either. Hink isn't a genius he just has guts. Being as bad a as possible isn't hard. Getting low picks for NBA players isn't hard. Having cap space comes from not having any one on the team worth paying. Had Hink been scoring better deals I'd be impressed but right now his job is easy.

They got a mid 1st round pick for Thad Young who was a pending FA if he opted out(was going to happen). That pick could be anywhere between 11-16. For a slightly above average PF who can't really defend or rebound the position that well. Thad Young's trade value after half a season? The corpse of Kevin Garnett returning for half a season of feel good reunion videos in Minny.

KJ got traded because he is a pending RFA, is probably going to get overpaid, does nothing offensively and he got back a guy picked early in the 2nd + an early 2nd round pick. Hinkie essentially turned an early 2nd round pick for (2) early 2nd round picks...

2nd round picks are not garbage, just stop.

Taking on salary cap for a low first doesn't help? How? It's a first round pick, good players tend to be available late. The more chances you have to hit on one of those lotto tickets the better. If nothing else it is ammo to trade up.

Ish Smith, a 5 year journeyman who has played for like 8 teams has outperformed MCW this year. The fact that we got a probable top 10 pick for a guy who fits that statement is absurdly good value.

And you're completely ignoring that he essentially turned Jrue Holiday into 3 first round picks.
Those are some very weak excuses. Not wanting to pay guys? Really when you are at the cap min. Also most seconds are garbage unless they are like Philly's own. Oh C's own those. But good try. I like their drafting and guts, nothing else. Get over it Philly fans.
Those aren't weak excuses.  How is the Young trade any different than the Green trade except for the fact that Hinkie got much better value (mid 1st rounder vs. probable two seconds)?  There are plenty of cheap role players.  How is overpaying for role players and wasting cap space a good thing to do?  How is Hinkie taking on McGee's salary for a 1st significantly different from Ainge taking on Wallace's salary in exchange for an extra 1st?  Why should Hinkie have held on to MCW rather than trade him for the very good Lakers 1st?  Yes, second rounders are often misses.  That's why accumulating a bunch of them cheaply is a good thing to do.  Of the five second rounders Philly has this draft, two are currently at 35 and 37.
Age of players and prime years is a huge difference between guys DA traded and guys Hink traded. Hink gave up promising long term players for little to just get worse. DA didn't trade AB or Sully. Do you get it?
What promising long term players did he give up just to get a little worse?  He got at mid 1st rounder for Young.  He got a top 10 pick for MCW.  He turned Jrue Holliday into Noel, Saric and the return of their own 2017 1st rounder.  Notice all the value he got back.  He's not dumping anyone just to lose a few games.  Why should age of players matter?  Once you decide a player isn't someone you want to keep, you should trade that player when you get a good offer for them.  Ainge hasn't traded AB because he's only been offered late 1sts.  With his injury and weight issues, Sully is probably worth even less.  Ainge will trade anyone on this roster, even Smart, if he gets a good enough return for them.   

« Reply #61 on: April 02, 2015, 11:10:11 PM »

Offline RAAAAAAAANDY

• NCE
  • Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 57
I don't love philly roster or any single player yet by any stretch. Some of the moves they have made are pretty ugly as well. But I admire their guts to go full tank mode. I wouldn't want to C's to do it that way only because  it is too much risk IMO. You may have to suck 5 years before you are good. By then the first talent crop you drafted are already FAs and may walk cause they hate all the sucking so long. Then again if they hit like OKC and pay their players they are golden. I say good luck to them and hope it's a epic Atlantic division with a Good Knicks, 76ers, and C's. (NOT Nets)
What moves have they made that you think are ugly?  They are not just tanking to get better.  They have traded for several good 1st round picks and a bunch of 2nd rounders.  They have a lot of cap space available.  Their first talent crop consists of Noel (2nd year) and Saric (still in Europe so not under contract yet).  Players in their 1st contract become restricted free agents.  The only way they can just walk away is if they give up a lot of money by taking their qualifying offer.  Monroe did it this year but it doesn't happen very often.

I don't think my opinion would matter to you as I can tell you are all in with Philly but here it is. What I find ugly is waiving numerous NBA players though just bench quality is bad business. Taking on salary and cap hits in added years in some of the waivers for low 1st doesn't help as low 1st usually just net you bench players. 2nd round picks hardly ever make past 4 years in the NBA so those are probably garbage. I like the higher picks like the Laker one "potentially" but when you give up a player with talent and potential to get it it's just going in circles. Even when they moved Young they didn't get much just moved him to be a worse team, no good compensation for a player that was producing at okay $. KJ looked like a draft steal but he could have won them a few games by himself so he got traded, smh. The things I like that Philly has done is the drafting and the "guts" to put a DL team out every night to have a horrible record guaranteeing a top 5 pick. The waiver scrubs that philly fans want to call players are a not even worth talking about either. Hink isn't a genius he just has guts. Being as bad a as possible isn't hard. Getting low picks for NBA players isn't hard. Having cap space comes from not having any one on the team worth paying. Had Hink been scoring better deals I'd be impressed but right now his job is easy.

They got a mid 1st round pick for Thad Young who was a pending FA if he opted out(was going to happen). That pick could be anywhere between 11-16. For a slightly above average PF who can't really defend or rebound the position that well. Thad Young's trade value after half a season? The corpse of Kevin Garnett returning for half a season of feel good reunion videos in Minny.

KJ got traded because he is a pending RFA, is probably going to get overpaid, does nothing offensively and he got back a guy picked early in the 2nd + an early 2nd round pick. Hinkie essentially turned an early 2nd round pick for (2) early 2nd round picks...

Taking on salary cap for a low first doesn't help? How? It's a first round pick, good players tend to be available late. The more chances you have to hit on one of those lotto tickets the better. If nothing else it is ammo to trade up.

Ish Smith, a 5 year journeyman who has played for like 8 teams has outperformed MCW this year. The fact that we got a probable top 10 pick for a guy who fits that statement is absurdly good value.

And you're completely ignoring that he essentially turned Jrue Holiday into 3 first round picks.
Those are some very weak excuses. Not wanting to pay guys? Really when you are at the cap min. Also most seconds are garbage unless they are like Philly's own. Oh C's own those. But good try. I like their drafting and guts, nothing else. Get over it Philly fans.

Not wanting to overpay average players just because they're already here? Yeah, that's a bad quality for a GM to have.  ::)

Most 2nds don't pan out, hell most 1sts probably don't pan out. Do you think with low odds it is better to have more chances or fewer chances? Think about that one real hard and you just might get it.

Tony Parker, Chandler Parsons, Manu Ginobli, Isaiah Thomas, Draymond Green, Omer Asik, Michael Redd, DeAndre Jordan, Kyle Korver, Goran Dragic. Yup no reason to have 2nd round picks at all.  ::)
More than half of those 2nd round guys are not with their original teams lost to FA because GMs  didn't want to pay. Sounds like Hink given recent history so not much value for your GM already.

Name one good player who Hinkie has chosen not to pay when they went FA. Name one.
Read excuses above for dumping the guys that Philly fans just gave.

Cool, give me a name of one good player who Hinkie dumped because he did not want to pay them.

Thad Young was traded because he's a 26 year old stretch 4 who doesn't actually stretch.
KJ McDaniels is not a good player. He shoots sub 40 percent from the field, sub 30 percent from 3 and can;t dribble.
Evan Turner sure as hell isn't a good player
Jrue Holiday was traded for 3 first round picks, that's pretty obviously not a salary dump.
Spencer Hawes is a stretch 5 who can;t throw a rock in the ocean, plays no defense and is a locker room cancer.

So please, give me one example of a good player who Hinkie didn't keep due to financial reasons.

« Reply #62 on: April 02, 2015, 11:12:15 PM »

Offline RAAAAAAAANDY

• NCE
  • Jayson Tatum
I have had an account on this board since pretty close to the beginning but have not really witnessed our fan base have such a collective crush on a fellow team as we seem to have here with the 76ers. Right now we currently have 3 front page topics on Philadelphia and we every couple of weeks (or more frequently) we have a thread on Embiid, Noel and previously, the value of MCW.

I get that the 76er's are doing something that seems fairly unique in terms of tanking by drafting injured players, drafting foreign players and being at the salary floor the last few seasons. That being said this stuff seems a little over the top. Are they a lot of posters second favorite teams? I know that we have a few regular posters that have come over from Philly forums (they have admitted as much in threads), but are there more then a couple? Are the 76ers the second favorite team of a lot of posters? Have they not been good at the same time as for so long that we forget they are a division and historical rival?

I personally think they have some really nice pieces in play with Noels, Embiid and either 1 or 2 upcoming top 5 draft picks. However, there are teams like Minnesota with Dieng, Wiggins, Lavine and an upcoming top 5 pick that appear to have an equally appealing future (not to mention more existing veteran talent). I can't even recall a single thread talking about how great Minnesota's future looks. What about Milwaukee? They have Giannis (board favorite), Jabari Parker, MCW and an interesting piece in Henson. That seems like a really bright future to me too.

Anyone care to explain this Philly phenomenon to me and why they are held in so much higher regard than the other young and potentially up and coming teams? Is it just more philly fans here?

I think there are a lot of people who forget that the Sixers and following the same model that the Clippers did for almost 20 years before they were gift-wrapped Chris Paul.

They're actually following the same model Danny Ainge followed coming off the big 3. Only instead of 3 HOFers he had Jrue Holiday and a roster that had been Bynum'd by Doug Collins incompetence.

« Reply #63 on: April 02, 2015, 11:15:56 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

Not wanting to overpay average players just because they're already here? Yeah, that's a bad quality for a GM to have.  ::)

Most 2nds don't pan out, hell most 1sts probably don't pan out. Do you think with low odds it is better to have more chances or fewer chances? Think about that one real hard and you just might get it.

Tony Parker, Chandler Parsons, Manu Ginobli, Isaiah Thomas, Draymond Green, Omer Asik, Michael Redd, DeAndre Jordan, Kyle Korver, Goran Dragic. Yup no reason to have 2nd round picks at all.  ::)
More than half of those 2nd round guys are not with their original teams lost to FA because GMs  didn't want to pay. Sounds like Hink given recent history so not much value for your GM already.

Name one good player who Hinkie has chosen not to pay when they went FA. Name one.

Cool, give me a name of one good player who Hinkie dumped because he did not want to pay them.

Thad Young was traded because he's a 26 year old stretch 4 who doesn't actually stretch.
KJ McDaniels is not a good player. He shoots sub 40 percent from the field, sub 30 percent from 3 and can;t dribble.
Jrue Holiday was traded for 3 first round picks, that's pretty obviously not a salary dump.
Spencer Hawes is a stretch 5 who can;t throw a rock in the ocean, plays no defense and is a locker room cancer.

So please, give me one example of a good player who Hinkie didn't keep due to financial reasons.

I think you could absolutely say he didn't want to pay KJ McDaniels. But the other points, although maybe a little exaggerated, are valid. Young, Holiday, Hawes, they weren't traded because of salary, they were traded because of timing or fit, and the returns, especially on Holiday, were spectacular.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #64 on: April 02, 2015, 11:53:48 PM »

Offline RAAAAAAAANDY

• NCE
  • Jayson Tatum

I think you could absolutely say he didn't want to pay KJ McDaniels. But the other points, although maybe a little exaggerated, are valid. Young, Holiday, Hawes, they weren't traded because of salary, they were traded because of timing or fit, and the returns, especially on Holiday, were spectacular.

He definitely traded KJ for financial reasons, but mostly because his reputation around the league wayyyyy exceeded his actual production. KJ was a ton of fun, but he's had 18 minutes since getting to Houston. He's made 1 shot since the trade deadline.

The reality is that when you watch a twitter vine of a ripped freak charging into the lane an dunking you think he's a monster. The problem is that you don't spend the other 47:55 of the game watching miss shots, fail to get to the rim on his own and blow defensive rotations.

I like KJ, but his contract will be an overpay this offseason and as fun as he is that doesn't mean you overpay a guy who's kinda bleh for the 98% of the game where he isn't dunking the ball or sending a ball into the 4th row from the weakside.

« Reply #65 on: April 03, 2015, 12:42:17 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289

Those aren't weak excuses.  How is the Young trade any different than the Green trade except for the fact that Hinkie got much better value (mid 1st rounder vs. probable two seconds)?  There are plenty of cheap role players.  How is overpaying for role players and wasting cap space a good thing to do?  How is Hinkie taking on McGee's salary for a 1st significantly different from Ainge taking on Wallace's salary in exchange for an extra 1st?  Why should Hinkie have held on to MCW rather than trade him for the very good Lakers 1st?  Yes, second rounders are often misses.  That's why accumulating a bunch of them cheaply is a good thing to do.  Of the five second rounders Philly has this draft, two are currently at 35 and 37.
Age of players and prime years is a huge difference between guys DA traded and guys Hink traded. Hink gave up promising long term players for little to just get worse. DA didn't trade AB or Sully. Do you get it?
What promising long term players did he give up just to get a little worse?  He got at mid 1st rounder for Young.  He got a top 10 pick for MCW.  He turned Jrue Holliday into Noel, Saric and the return of their own 2017 1st rounder.  Notice all the value he got back.  He's not dumping anyone just to lose a few games.  Why should age of players matter?  Once you decide a player isn't someone you want to keep, you should trade that player when you get a good offer for them.  Ainge hasn't traded AB because he's only been offered late 1sts.  With his injury and weight issues, Sully is probably worth even less.  Ainge will trade anyone on this roster, even Smart, if he gets a good enough return for them.   

You just named two young promising players that could have contributed. Add KJ then add all the vets they cut that could have contributed. Everyone knows he was trading to tank. You are in denial if you dont think it was all for the tank. Return wasn't his concern getting DL bad was.

« Reply #66 on: April 03, 2015, 01:57:10 AM »

Offline RAAAAAAAANDY

• NCE
  • Jayson Tatum

You just named two young promising players that could have contributed. Add KJ then add all the vets they cut that could have contributed. Everyone knows he was trading to tank. You are in denial if you dont think it was all for the tank. Return wasn't his concern getting DL bad was.

What contributing vets have we cut? Cut means something. Words mean things.

You're an idiot. I'm just going to say it. I've used facts as a cudgel against your cranium yet your head apparently is a rock. Here's a list of assets we've obtained for guys we... cut????

-Miami 2015 (top 10 protected pick)
-Lakers 2015(top 5 protected pick)
-New Orleans #10 Pick, flipped for #12 overall and 2017 76ers pick
-Nerlens Noel
-Jerami Grant
-Isaiah Canaan
-Denver 2nd
-OKC top 18 protected pick
-Orl 2nd
-I can't count the # of 2nd picks coming in. We have 5 this year.

I'm done with this stupidity. You just don't know what you're talking about. I've blasted some of the guys Sixers fans champion in this thread. The reality is though, that the Sixers have gotten a ton for the guys they've gotten rid of.

« Reply #67 on: April 03, 2015, 02:21:50 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson

You're an idiot. I'm just going to say it. I've used facts as a cudgel against your cranium yet your head apparently is a rock. Here's a list of assets we've obtained for guys we... cut????

-Nerlens Noel
-Jerami Grant
-Isaiah Canaan
-Denver 2nd
-Orl 2nd

I'm done with this stupidity. You just don't know what you're talking about. I've blasted some of the guys Sixers fans champion in this thread. The reality is though, that the Sixers have gotten a ton for the guys they've gotten rid of.
Why dont check your teams transactions? Better yet go back to the 76ers board that is were you can find plenty of people that might join your homer views. The rest of NBA fans don't need the 76er trolls posting about superstars and championships that may never come to be. Your GM and your team are the ultimate tankers don't try to sell it as any thing different here. Enjoy your DL games.

« Reply #68 on: April 03, 2015, 02:36:11 AM »

Offline RAAAAAAAANDY

• NCE
  • Jayson Tatum

-Nerlens Noel
-Jerami Grant
-Isaiah Canaan
-Denver 2nd
-Orl 2nd

Why dont check your teams transactions? Better yet go back to the 76ers board that is were you can find plenty of people that might join your homer views. The rest of NBA fans don't need the 76er trolls posting about superstars and championships that may never come to be. Your GM and your team are the ultimate tankers don't try to sell it as any thing different here. Enjoy your DL games.

Please. Refute anything I've said.

Welcome to reality. You want to fit facts to an ill informed opinion, and I'm bringing that ignorance back to reality. Deal with it.

« Reply #69 on: April 03, 2015, 03:01:38 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson

-Nerlens Noel
-Jerami Grant
-Isaiah Canaan
-Denver 2nd
-Orl 2nd

Welcome to reality. You want to fit facts to an ill informed opinion, and I'm bringing that ignorance back to reality. Deal with it.
Lol dude what facts? We're are talking about opinions on the net for the players and moves. I say the trades have been too geared to be worse and tank. Your own 76ers fans had issues with some of the trades. You name assets like they are locks. You even forget where MCW was drafted when getting a possible worse pick slot in comparison with a 2016 LAL pick. That may be a loss. Oh and again the scrub players like they are border line all stars. Future picks as if they are guaranteed at the top of the draft. 2nds rounders as if they a big deal. You getting mad cause I'm not putting those trades up as good but straight tank trades. Take a look at where your team is in the standings bro. You are tanking and your players suck that is reality. Embid can be the new Oden. If Noel for his D is a superstar why isn't Smart? Please with your foolish asset talk go back to Libertyballess
« Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 03:16:09 AM by Csfan1984 »

« Reply #70 on: April 03, 2015, 04:20:45 PM »

Offline RAAAAAAAANDY

• NCE
  • Jayson Tatum

-Nerlens Noel
-Jerami Grant
-Isaiah Canaan
-Denver 2nd
-Orl 2nd

Lol dude what facts? We're are talking about opinions on the net for the players and moves. I say the trades have been too geared to be worse and tank. Your own 76ers fans had issues with some of the trades. You name assets like they are locks. You even forget where MCW was drafted when getting a possible worse pick slot in comparison with a 2016 LAL pick. That may be a loss. Oh and again the scrub players like they are border line all stars. Future picks as if they are guaranteed at the top of the draft. 2nds rounders as if they a big deal. You getting mad cause I'm not putting those trades up as good but straight tank trades. Take a look at where your team is in the standings bro. You are tanking and your players suck that is reality. Embid can be the new Oden. If Noel for his D is a superstar why isn't Smart? Please with your foolish asset talk go back to Libertyballess

You're mental. You're just making things up that have never happened now.

Where did I say Noel was a superstar? Although he's definitely a better player than Marcus Smart because he's a better defender.

You haven't supported your opinion with anything but more of your opinion. You said he got bad returns in the . If you believe that, you are a moron. Jrue Holiday for 3 first round picks? Whenever you have the opportunity to refuse 3 first round picks(two in the top 10) for an average start at the league's deepest position you totally turn it down. That's just what you do.

What scrub player have I called a borderline all star?

What future pick have I said was guaranteed at the top of the draft? MCW was picked at 11. a year and a half ago. In that time his biggest weakness has shown no improvement. You don't hang onto a guy you don't like because of "well he's worth less than the pick we're being offered but technically he was the 11 pick and if an awful team lead by a terrible player that uses 35% of his teams possession might leap to pick 12." What kind of GM would analyze trade value like that?

The fan of a team with a losing record in a terrible conference just dropped "check the standings." Seriously? You realize that for you to win a championship you still need to find the two best players on those teams. It's not impossible and Ainge is a good GM, but the fact that you've stocked a roster full of role players before having the roles of them to play doesn't make you closer to a championship.

Here's the hilarious thing. Hinkie and Ainge are using the exact same strategy. Yet your butt hurt never stops.

Not wanting things to be true doesn't make them false. That's not how life works.

« Reply #71 on: April 03, 2015, 04:26:16 PM »

Offline RAAAAAAAANDY

• NCE
  • Jayson Tatum

-Nerlens Noel
-Jerami Grant
-Isaiah Canaan
-Denver 2nd
-Orl 2nd

As far as specific facts:

-The Sixers have never cut a contributing veteran
-The Sixers have never lost in terms of trade value in order to "get worse" (please, cite a trade if you disagree)
-I never said Nerlens was a superstar, despite you assertion
-Never called a single one of guys an all-star
-They got a 1st round pick for Thad Young despite you claiming they didn't get anything back
-And see the entire run down of the trades that Hinkie made for no return just to get worse ::)

« Reply #72 on: April 03, 2015, 04:29:13 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Questions for the Sixers fans:
1. When do you think the Sixers will build the roster like they are trying to win games?
2. When will the Sixers attempt to sign free agents?
3. Are you worried about top assets not reaching their full potential because of the situation they are in?
4. At what point do you think the Sixers will be better than the C's?
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #73 on: April 03, 2015, 04:40:41 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

-Nerlens Noel
-Jerami Grant
-Isaiah Canaan
-Denver 2nd
-Orl 2nd

Where did I say Noel was a superstar? Although he's definitely a better player than Marcus Smart because he's a better defender.

You haven't supported your opinion with anything but more of your opinion. You said he got bad returns in the . If you believe that, you are a moron. Jrue Holiday for 3 first round picks? Whenever you have the opportunity to refuse 3 first round picks(two in the top 10) for an average start at the league's deepest position you totally turn it down. That's just what you do.

What future pick have I said was guaranteed at the top of the draft? MCW was picked at 11. a year and a half ago. In that time his biggest weakness has shown no improvement. You don't hang onto a guy you don't like because of "well he's worth less than the pick we're being offered but technically he was the 11 pick and if an awful team lead by a terrible player that uses 35% of his teams possession might leap to pick 12." What kind of GM would analyze trade value like that?

The fan of a team with a losing record in a terrible conference just dropped "check the standings." Seriously? You realize that for you to win a championship you still need to find the two best players on those teams. It's not impossible and Ainge is a good GM, but the fact that you've stocked a roster full of role players before having the roles of them to play doesn't make you closer to a championship.

Here's the hilarious thing. Hinkie and Ainge are using the exact same strategy. Yet your butt hurt never stops.

Not wanting things to be true doesn't make them false. That's not how life works.
Ainge and Hinkie are not using the exact same strategy. Hinkie doesnt make the IT trade and Hinkie almost certainly makes the AB trade (rumored we could have had a late first). Ainge almost definitely doesnt make the MCW trade and also probably doesnt make the KJ trade either. He also doesnt make the McGee trade.

Hinkie is focusing on two things: 1 is sucking this year and the other is acquiring potential stars at any cost necessary.

Ainge is simple focused on making sure that he is the winner in terms of future talent in every deal he does.

What is remarkable is how well theyve both done this. Hinkie gets a first for MCW (I think MCW is garbage so thats a great deal cus that pick is probably top 10), his Jrue Holiday deal was fantastic and a couple others like the Thad Young deal have been fantastic in terms of making sure the most valuable asset heads in his direction. Ainge on the other hand has turned a TE into Tyler Zeller and IT4. He has absloutely robbed the Brooklyn Nets and has gotten good returns on Wright, Green, ROndo (considering hes gone next year no matter what)

Bottom line is both have a lot of assets. The C's have more assets and those they have are more tangible, but the 76ers have much higher ceilings.

I think it will be interesting to see it play out. I hate tanking. I hate the idea of it and the practice of it but at this point it is completely unreasonable to say Hinkie is garbage or the strategy is garbage. They are in a good position to be title contenders in 4 years. That being said all their assets carry some risk with them so it isnt out of the question that they could be irrelevant again in 5 years.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #74 on: April 03, 2015, 04:49:55 PM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 215

-Nerlens Noel
-Jerami Grant
-Isaiah Canaan
-Denver 2nd
-Orl 2nd

I wouldn't trade Smart straight up for Noel. I think you are over valuing Noel. He's got practically no game on offense and is lost on Defense.

And are you a Sixers fan? Cause....

One thing I learned a while back was how jealous Philly people are. I went to a double header NCAA tourney about 8 years ago. Uconn was playing Kentucky back when Rondo was on the team and Villanova was playing Arizona. They were in different regions but they were both set to play at the Wachovia center in Philly. The Philly crowd actually got more into the Uconn game, which they had no team to root for, because of how much they were jealous of Uconn. The whole game, the crowd was pretty loud booing Uconn. Then the Villanova game, I felt like I was more into rooting for them, since they were a bigeast team, then the actual Philly fans.

Another thing I dislike about Philly people is how they think they own the cheese steak. I've had plenty of steak and cheeses that were just as good at other places.