Author Topic: Lamarcus Aldridge  (Read 1296 times)

Lamarcus Aldridge
« on: March 31, 2015, 03:24:47 PM »

Offline jaketwice

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 102
Leaving aside that the Blazers might kidnap Danny Ainge, and the amount of money Aldridge would leave behind in Portland - would you want the Cs to offer him a max deal this summer? (Please do not respond with "THAT WOULD NEVER HAPPEN" and its variants. I understand that this is a very unlikely proposition.)

More generally - do you want the Celtics to offer a max deal to a guy in his late 20s with proven "star" power - or would you rather they held out for the next big thing?

You can answer either the general or the specific question.

Re: Lamarcus Aldridge
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2015, 03:26:05 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Yes. He's great. Like most other single-target players in this vein, I would've preferred to see him here when we still had good players on the roster.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2015, 04:02:18 PM »

Offline aporel#18

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 170
Yes, no doubt. Him and Marc Gasol are my dream bigs for the Celtics. You put these two together and you have a title contender.

Go get them, Danny!  :P

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2015, 04:20:46 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Easily he is worth a max deal.

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2015, 04:36:01 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Yes. He's great. Like most other single-target players in this vein, I would've preferred to see him here when we still had good players on the roster.

Right. Aldridge is a leader, he's got the legitimate skill to be the top dog on a contender for a few years. But we have got nothing worth his time to surround him with.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2015, 04:39:29 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
Yes, no doubt. Him and Marc Gasol are my dream bigs for the Celtics. You put these two together and you have a title contender.

Go get them, Danny!  :P

I am kind of wondering if Gasol is starting to slowly decline. I am not saying I wouldn't want him and he is only 30, but he has had more games where he has seemed to disappear this season, particularly in matchups you figured he could dominate. Maybe I've just watched him on his bad days cause his points are actually up this year.

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2015, 05:23:40 PM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners

Right. Aldridge is a leader, he's got the legitimate skill to be the top dog on a contender for a few years. But we have got nothing worth his time to surround him with.
Yes. Also he is turning 30 in a few months. We will essentially be paying for Al Swearengen and will effectively end up with a decrepit  EB.

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2015, 05:29:46 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Best analogy 2015.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.