Author Topic: evan turner,zeller both steals -both have upside still  (Read 1387 times)

evan turner,zeller both steals -both have upside still
« on: March 31, 2015, 07:26:56 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
i started to post on how certain players will benefit from some stability,an off season to work on areas of weakness,a pre season and the same city and players -Then it hit me,the draft,free agents and trading-nobody is safe in dannys  quest for that player or players-turner zeller are just starting to come into there own both have never had  a positive situation,bradley  is still young and isiah but then you go back one game and you see the type of players danny want s to get and realize the immensity of change that is coming-absolutely no one is safe-

Re: evan turner,zeller both steals -both have upside still
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2015, 11:01:19 AM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
So...you had an idea for a post, and rethought about posting it. Then you did in fact post it, even though you changed your mind about the subject of the post, all while answering your own post.

TP!

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2015, 11:58:25 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
hey i'm a celtic fan,and caught up in last nights win  and thought how much better some would be in a stable enviornment and next year ,then it hits me how much change there might be and then the clippers reminds me of how good you should be--i better not like these guys-too much-

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2015, 01:50:48 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Actually think Turner and Zeller have reached their peaks in regards to what we can expect out of them. They were solid pickups and are great role players to have come off the bench if you have a solid championship contending top 6 players. But, that's really all they are, complimentary pieces. So if they go this off season, so be it, if it makes the team better overall.

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2015, 08:06:10 PM »

Offline spikelovetheCelts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
  • Peace it's a board. We all will never agree.
Actually think Turner and Zeller have reached their peaks in regards to what we can expect out of them. They were solid pickups and are great role players to have come off the bench if you have a solid championship contending top 6 players. But, that's really all they are, complimentary pieces. So if they go this off season, so be it, if it makes the team better overall.
I don't think either have had a career year yet. I do believe like you they are back-ups. Turner is a great 6 man. He can come in for three postions if foul trouble happens early in a game.
"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."
--Jerry West, on John Havlicek

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2015, 08:19:13 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
I don't think either have had a career year yet. I do believe like you they are back-ups. Turner is a great 6 man. He can come in for three postions if foul trouble happens early in a game.
I see turner as like a long reliever in baseball. You dont want to have to use him, but if you have to he can do a lot of different things and get you through games.

He really does everything. And for that Ive come to really like him. You want him to handle the ball? done. Volume scorer? check. Run the offense and get guys involved? bingo. Play the 1? the 2? the 3? check check check. Need help rebounding? no problem. He can even pass for a closer. Not to mention he is one of about two players on our team who can get in the paint under control.

I dont see him as a guy who plays major minutes on a championship team but all the ways in which hes stepped up to the plate for us without a word of complaint have made me like him a lot as a player/dude.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2015, 08:35:09 PM »

Offline BornReady

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 40
i think zeller can improve slightly offensively

but i think turner has kind of reached his peak and would be best as a bench player on a contender

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2015, 09:02:49 PM »

Offline wahz

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 101
I would like to keep Turner. It's not easy getting a guy who can do everything pretty well. He isn't great at anything but  you are looking for 3-4 GOOD bench guys. It's not hard to see a future champion with a  Zeller, Crowder, Turner, Jerebko and Isaiah bench.

We are filling in these spots quickly, in my mind. I think Bradley and Smart can be starters on a champion. I see the Celtics needing 3 more stars at the remaining 3 starting positions. If you can get Leonard as a free agent you now need a very good center and pf. I know, you all want to smoke what I have been smoking, but we have the assets to get this done. One free agent, one brilliant top 3 draft pick and a good trade and we are there.

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2015, 09:31:47 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
Say for example we got Cousins as our starting center I would be just fine with Turner as our starting SF for the near future.  Same for Zeller if for example we got Leonard as our starting SF.  It's something to start with, and see how it looks.

I don't think they have much upside left though than what they are showing now. 

Smart I think can take a big leap in his game, and I'm remaining hopeful for now Sully and KO don't start leveling off just yet.  I can't make up my mind if I think Crowder still has more upside than what he is showing now which I really like.

Young is a dark horse for me as I love his stroke from the outside.