Author Topic: Trade, No Bench, How about let Marcus Smart PLAY  (Read 1298 times)

Trade, No Bench, How about let Marcus Smart PLAY
« on: March 30, 2015, 11:49:06 PM »

Offline bigskyceltic

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 4
Marcus Smart is a great defender period. Some on this forum would like to trade, move to the second unit or reduce his minutes. You are looking at the point guard that the Celtics can rely on for the the next 10 years to give max effort every night. If you want flash then yes trade for Elfrid, if you want scoring from our instant offense Isiah at the start of the game then I guess move to second unit. Reduced minutes doesnt make sense if your focus is defense and effort. He brings toughness and agressiveness. With that he will make mistakes "look out below Mr Bonner". Give the guy a break. Point guard is not the pressing need of this team!

Re: Trade, No Bench, How about let Marcus Smart PLAY
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2015, 12:32:40 AM »

Offline KingofDaPlayazBall

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 13
He is the most important player on the team, and he is doing everything he is suppose to.  Even when his shots are not falling his defense will always be there.  Marcus is our MVP

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2015, 12:43:45 AM »

Offline bigskyceltic

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 4
If you want a radical change to putting offense on the floor at the start of the game insert Jerebko and Datome. Atleast you have 2 shooters to go along with Zeller. Bass offers no spacing and Turner needs the ball. Instead of messing with the guards why not try spacing things out with the forwards.

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2015, 12:46:50 AM »

Offline KingofDaPlayazBall

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 13
IMO there doesnt need to be a line up change, its all just fan panic. 

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2015, 01:03:30 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Smart needs to start at point guard .  ET is not the future.

Smart is our best future player.  He needs to play all he can stand.

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2015, 01:41:01 AM »

Offline BDeCosta26

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 232
If you want a radical change to putting offense on the floor at the start of the game insert Jerebko and Datome. Atleast you have 2 shooters to go along with Zeller. Bass offers no spacing and Turner needs the ball. Instead of messing with the guards why not try spacing things out with the forwards.

Bass offers spacing. He's not a 3 point shooter, sure. But he had one of the most reliable mid range shots in the NBA. He's money from 15-20 ft, and he hasn't been scared to step a few feet back this year. If we got a real down low guy like D.Jordan, playing Bass with him wouldn't be a log jam.

That's part of the reason I think Embiid or Noel is off the Sixers within 2 years. In today's NBA where guys like Bass are just adequate floor spacers, guys who aren't nearly that automatic just can't play together for long stretches.

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2015, 01:58:14 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Marcus Smart is a great defender period. Some on this forum would like to trade, move to the second unit or reduce his minutes. You are looking at the point guard that the Celtics can rely on for the the next 10 years to give max effort every night. If you want flash then yes trade for Elfrid, if you want scoring from our instant offense Isiah at the start of the game then I guess move to second unit. Reduced minutes doesnt make sense if your focus is defense and effort. He brings toughness and agressiveness. With that he will make mistakes "look out below Mr Bonner". Give the guy a break. Point guard is not the pressing need of this team!

I agree with you on that. I love a defensive point guard that can hustle, rebound, defend, and most importantly have the competitive edge. Its just something amazing to see someone hustle, and put their heart out on the floor. It drives and ramps up other players emotion.

Bass offers spacing. He's not a 3 point shooter, sure. But he had one of the most reliable mid range shots in the NBA. He's money from 15-20 ft, and he hasn't been scared to step a few feet back this year. If we got a real down low guy like D.Jordan, playing Bass with him wouldn't be a log jam.

That's part of the reason I think Embiid or Noel is off the Sixers within 2 years. In today's NBA where guys like Bass are just adequate floor spacers, guys who aren't nearly that automatic just can't play together for long stretches.

I agree with both of your posts. But my only tidbit is that while Bass is an excellent mid range shooter, I really don't like Bass's shot selection this year. 

« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 02:03:36 AM by Monkhouse »
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different