Author Topic: I will consider this season a success if...  (Read 3024 times)

I will consider this season a success if...
« on: March 30, 2015, 12:54:20 PM »

Offline MikeJelly

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 24
I will consider this season a success if we make the playoffs or get a lottery pick within 1-12. 13 and 14 would just be the worst. I like the top 12 prospects but I feel like the talent level drops off after 12. I'd be upset missing the playoffs and not getting a top 12 player. Anyone agree?

Re: I will consider this season a success if...
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2015, 01:02:43 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
So this is a playoff or not playoff thread in disguise?

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2015, 01:06:57 PM »

Offline MikeJelly

• Derrick White
So this is a playoff or not playoff thread in disguise?

It's just an optimistic post. While I would love to see the green in the playoffs again. If we miss the playoffs I would like to get top 12 talent :)

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2015, 01:08:22 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
With the Suns and Pelicans at 39 and 38 wins respectively, what you suggest is pretty much guaranteed since there are only 14 teams in the lotto.  We're playing the Hornets tonight and if we lose, we will fall into a 3 way tie with Charlotte and Indy.  Utah is neck and neck with us but playing a little more consistently lately - we could easily fall behind Indy, Charlotte, PHX, NO, Utah and pick 9th.  If we do well, then we're in the playoffs.  So basically the only mathematical picks we could get are 9th - 12th, 15th or 16th and 16th is remarkably unlikely right now.

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2015, 01:11:44 PM »

Offline MikeJelly

• Derrick White
With the Suns and Pelicans at 39 and 38 wins respectively, what you suggest is pretty much guaranteed since there are only 14 teams in the lotto.  We're playing the Hornets tonight and if we lose, we will fall into a 3 way tie with Charlotte and Indy.  Utah is neck and neck with us but playing a little more consistently lately - we could easily fall behind Indy, Charlotte, PHX, NO, Utah and pick 9th.  If we do well, then we're in the playoffs.  So basically the only mathematical picks we could get are 9th - 12th, 15th or 16th and 16th is remarkably unlikely right now.

Thanks for the info! Glad to see this will be a successful season :)

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2015, 01:18:47 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
We have won a lot more games than we should have.   Ainge said we would not purely tank and we did not.    We are 32-41 at the high end of what I thought was possible.  Ainge tried to tank out the roster but CBS refuses to lose and so does the team.

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2015, 01:39:57 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
We won more games than I expected. It's already a success.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2015, 01:43:16 PM »

Offline GreenGoggles

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 76
I decided before the season that I would consider this season a success if I see our team take a clear path and develop our younger talent. Unfortunately, all our young talent has disappointed save Avery Bradley. Sully is out again and has weight issues, Smart's offense has looked rough, Young was more than streaky and KO was injured and has looked uncomfortable since coming back.

I see a lot more roster turnover in our future, playoffs or not. I don't think we have anyone on our team with all star potential.

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2015, 01:48:10 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I already consider this season a success. The C's won more games than they should have. Got rid of all the guys that weren't going to be around long term, netted first round picks and added Crowder/Thomas who I expect to be here long term. At this point I'd rather the C's missed the playoffs but either way I will see this season as a success.

As to the OP's post, with how much better the west is, the C's will either making the playoffs or be picking 12th or better.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2015, 02:01:30 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
We won more games than I expected. It's already a success.

That reminds me...

http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=73886.msg1748747#msg1748747

Pay up!

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2015, 02:03:31 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Paid. And good thing you remembered -- I certainly didn't.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2015, 02:04:36 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Yeah ....I think it was a big turning point ..unloading Rondo and Green , signing Smart and IT , developing Zeller and Bradley and Crowder.  CBS ...showed a huge jump in confidence and he got a thorough lesson in various game situation, personal player issues , etc .  Still put together a decent effort most games.  He did good with the chips he was given.  He is ready to graduate and handle better players , now that he see HOW things move and shake down in the NBA.

The team has to play nearly perfect ball  and play over their heads to beat over 500 teams.   To be able to cope with these elite teams ,  CBS is going to need an infusion of elite talent to join a group of all ready over achievers.

Wallace s deal will soon be finished , and that money can go towards a Max type player.

Eventually teams have to start over, even the a Lakers ,  the Mavs aren't going to beat LeBron still trying to win with old Dirk .   Rehashing the same stuff .   Good , but not serious contender. 

At some point you got to,start over ....watch the Glen Rivers types run for the hills when their stars are too old to compete.

« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2015, 02:12:54 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

I never forget a prediction that holds up.  All my crappy predictions get flushed down the memory hole, if I'd ever made any.  Can't recall.

...on topic I'd consider this season at least a modest success, we've certainly overachieved a bit without any player really breaking out to lead us. 

« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2015, 02:15:26 PM »

Online celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1393

I never forget a prediction that holds up.  All my crappy predictions get flushed down the memory hole, if I'd ever made any.  Can't recall.

...on topic I'd consider this season at least a modest success, we've certainly overachieved a bit without any player really breaking out to lead us.

plus getting isiah thomas for peanuts was a success and a legit backup center (zeller) for nothing was a nice move.

« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2015, 02:23:18 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Its already a success regardless of  what happens next in my books. Just keep add talent and build on cbs system