Author Topic: File under: one homer's opinion  (Read 1095 times)

File under: one homer's opinion
« on: March 30, 2015, 12:10:36 PM »

Offline jaketwice

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 102
Brad Stevens deserves the first pick in this year's draft. He has coached the heck out of this team, and the Celtics are playing the way every team outside looking in should play.

I don't think we have ever won the lottery - and we may make the playoffs and not get a shot anyway.

But I feel we deserve it, much more so than any of the tanking teams. Danny has done everything in his power to make this team bad - but Brad "never say die" [NSD] Stevens, is doing as well as one could with the players he has.

Re: File under: one homer's opinion
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2015, 12:12:09 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
We got the best NBA player ever with the second round pick, so it kind of evens out.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2015, 12:23:19 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
We got the best NBA player ever with the second round pick, so it kind of evens out.

Michael Jordan?

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2015, 12:26:30 PM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
Brad Stevens deserves the first pick in this year's draft. He has coached the heck out of this team, and the Celtics are playing the way every team outside looking in should play.

I don't think we have ever won the lottery - and we may make the playoffs and not get a shot anyway.

But I feel we deserve it, much more so than any of the tanking teams. Danny has done everything in his power to make this team bad - but Brad "never say die" [NSD] Stevens, is doing as well as one could with the players he has.
I agree, it is my opinion, that lottery should change giving the best odds to the team with the best record out of the playoffs.   
this would drive all teams to try and win.

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2015, 12:31:19 PM »

Offline e4sym0de

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 12
I agree, it is my opinion, that lottery should change giving the best odds to the team with the best record out of the playoffs.   
this would drive all teams to try and win.

While this would be an incentive for Teams like Philly and the Knicks to play better, it would also be an incentive for Teams like Indiana, Boston and Charlotte to miss the Playoffs. Considering that more than 50% here prefer the 9th Pick over the 8th seed, I imagine 95%+ would root for the Celtics to miss the Playoffs if it would be a top3 pick instead of the 9th.

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2015, 12:37:05 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 906

Michael Jordan?

Scal.

Mike

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2015, 12:37:56 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell

Michael Jordan?

At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2015, 12:41:53 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466

Boston had definitely never won the lottery.  In fact, my research shows that the Celt's have had the first pick in the draft exactly one time in their history.

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2015, 01:04:02 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

Boston had definitely never won the lottery.  In fact, my research shows that the Celt's have had the first pick in the draft exactly one time in their history.

We had it in 1980 too, but traded it.  And it didn't come from us.

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2015, 01:10:13 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419

Michael Jordan?

I think he means Bill Russell

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2015, 01:38:52 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
Yeah that's supposed to be second overall pick, but whatever -- I'm glad to see we're all enjoying that picture of Michael Jordan.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_B._Jordan