Author Topic: James Young Updates  (Read 8049 times)

James Young Updates
« on: March 30, 2015, 10:52:41 AM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
Here's something to cheer everyone up a bit. Don't forget he is also younger than everyone on the court and has great NBA length 7' wingspan 8'8'' standing reach...all he needs is time, even the great Klay Thompson stayed a few years in college and still needed some time when he got in the league. Cheer up everyone!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EV443IU0h6o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rD4JJj95o2M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-23kc55nhY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gB1yIM7dhuk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gB1yIM7dhuk

Re: James Young Updates
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2015, 11:05:20 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
He is not in this video but these are his usual highlights

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVxQ0L-EQ1Q

because CBS does not trust him to play.

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2015, 12:27:53 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 860
James Young is a bit of a mystery.  He is tearing up the D-League so you would think that if he had stayed in college, he would be tearing up the NCAA and being talked about as a top-end-of-the-lottery pick.  You put him on the court in the NBA though and he seems to disappear.

It is tough to be sure what he will turn out to be.  At this point, it could be anything from a star to a bench player with a short career .

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2015, 12:31:21 PM »

Offline MikeJelly

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 24
Starting SG of the future. TAKE THAT TO THE BANK

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2015, 12:36:59 PM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
he is in right place vs playing few minutes in boston-its defense and weight room and using right hand-i think the announcers forget he is lefty- nice to see  him creating a step back off dribble and getting to hoop- i do watch some red claws games because highlites are decieving, the playoffs with red claws will be good for him-he has to get the right hand and some moves that work--

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2015, 01:08:06 PM »

Offline JHTruth

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 111
The odds are against Young ever becoming an NBA player. I will be rooting for him.

He should have stayed another year IMHO..

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2015, 01:15:42 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323

I think he will make it, too.

The odds are against Young ever becoming an NBA player. I will be rooting for him.
  He is young and a rookie, he can work to get stronger and on his D he will be ok.

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2015, 01:58:52 PM »

Offline GetLucky

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 349

I think he will make it, too.

He is young and a rookie, he can work to get stronger and on his D he will be ok.

I see what you did there  ;)

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2015, 02:16:23 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Has a natural NBA body and shooting stroke.

Rest is mental

Will he take his job , rather career seriously ......meaning putting in the gym hours,  practice with correct attitude ....learn defense....this is hard of 90 % of the male population his age are less than ready to go out in the world IMHO .   It's a big step for him.

The table is set for James Young .....he has everything he needs to succeed .  Money, coaches, vets, good GM , everything .

Will his brain develop , and maturity show up to take advantage of his gifts.

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2015, 03:09:53 PM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
shaq imagine another year at kentucky  coming out all big headed,marcus was forged to be a gladiator and young an archer but if he is a one trick pony and can't get over the top of screens in a day where everything is screen oriented-danny ainge used to hit a screen and flop unlike dennis johnson-oh well he has years

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2015, 03:25:41 PM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
James Young is a bit of a mystery.  He is tearing up the D-League so you would think that if he had stayed in college, he would be tearing up the NCAA and being talked about as a top-end-of-the-lottery pick.  You put him on the court in the NBA though and he seems to disappear.

It is tough to be sure what he will turn out to be.  At this point, it could be anything from a star to a bench player with a short career .

He hasn't actually been tearing up the d league this time around--his shooting percentages are down quite a bit.

« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2015, 03:26:46 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239

It's almost as if there's a massive talent gap between the NBA and the D-League/NCAA.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2015, 04:25:19 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 860

It's almost as if there's a massive talent gap between the NBA and the D-League/NCAA.

Not sure your point.  I said that I though D-League success was an indicator that if he had stayed in College that he would have success there too.  Success in college usually leads to being a high draft pick.  Being a high draft pick has no bearing at all on NBA success.

So why the condescending tone?  What am I missing?

« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2015, 04:27:24 PM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
clover is right about %, what did pressey score up there 30points and dwight powell outscored him a played much better all around game-he is young