Author Topic: Myles Turner  (Read 4875 times)

Myles Turner
« on: March 30, 2015, 08:50:12 AM »

Offline jmen788

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 22
If we miss the playoffs and pick 9th or 10th (or 11th), will he still be available? Isn't he the best fit for our team/CBS system being a legit big who can play the 5, block shots, rebound, but also shoot from distance? I also noticed on ESPN he is listed as a PF and not C-- not sure why.

Lastly, why do so many people worry about the way he runs, what's the situation on that?

I am just so intrigued by him! Can't decide now if I'd want us to get Johnson, Turner, or Winslow!

Re: Myles Turner
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2015, 09:43:55 AM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
He runs like an old man with iced up knees at the YMCA. It's just an eye test thing.
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2015, 09:47:30 AM »

Offline TwinTower14

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48
He runs like an old man with iced up knees at the YMCA. It's just an eye test thing.

hahha...yup, I completely agree.  No, thanks on this guy...

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2015, 09:49:46 AM »

Offline JHTruth

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 111
Meh he wouldn't be the worst 9 pick in history. The studs will all be gone by then..

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2015, 09:58:05 AM »

Offline The Rondo Show

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 364
  • Hook 'Em
Sad he declared, his talent was wasted by a stale Rick Barnes' disappointing final season. Could use another year of development too. Sigh.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 10:09:15 AM by The Rondo Show »
DKC Suns

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2015, 10:02:51 AM »

Offline The Rondo Show

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Hook 'Em
If we miss the playoffs and pick 9th or 10th (or 11th), will he still be available? Isn't he the best fit for our team/CBS system being a legit big who can play the 5, block shots, rebound, but also shoot from distance? I also noticed on ESPN he is listed as a PF and not C-- not sure why.

Lastly, why do so many people worry about the way he runs, what's the situation on that?

I am just so intrigued by him! Can't decide now if I'd want us to get Johnson, Turner, or Winslow!

He runs real strangely for sure. A lot of people think he'll have trouble keeping up with athletic bigs and that he'll be injury prone because of it. I think it's overblown, but it was definitely noticeable when you're at his games or watching on TV.
DKC Suns

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2015, 10:24:48 AM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
Yea I would be ecstatic if we could get Turner. In all honesty though even when Turner was ranked #1 by all the big scouting sites, I still was super intrigued and impressed with Karl Towns. And thought that if we didnt get a top draft pick that Towns would be a great consolation prize......how things have changed in a year.

Myles has suggested that he needs to grow more into his body and thats it. Some ppl can and some cant.

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2015, 10:51:55 AM »

Offline number_n9ne

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 126

He runs real strangely for sure. A lot of people think he'll have trouble keeping up with athletic bigs and that he'll be injury prone because of it. I think it's overblown, but it was definitely noticeable when you're at his games or watching on TV.

I read that halfway through the season they realized he was wearing the wrong sized shoes (they were too big). They got him shoes that fit with custom arch support and he's supposed to be running better now. Also, the kid is 19 and just went through a huge growth spurt. Give him a year to get acclimated to his body and build some strength. He will be fine. All the bust, unathletic and injury prone labels are blown WAY out of proportion. Does he even have an injury history yet?

I like him, I think he will be an NBA starter. Idk if he would be my first pick though.

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2015, 10:55:29 AM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315

I read that halfway through the season they realized he was wearing the wrong sized shoes (they were too big). They got him shoes that fit with custom arch support and he's supposed to be running better now. Also, the kid is 19 and just went through a huge growth spurt. Give him a year to get acclimated to his body and build some strength. He will be fine. All the bust, unathletic and injury prone labels are blown WAY out of proportion. Does he even have an injury history yet?

I like him, I think he will be an NBA starter. Idk if he would be my first pick though.

Wow--that's interesting about the shoes and arch supports. (Though I think flat-footed 7 footers are a risk, if that's his issue.)

His shot blocking is really impressive and I'd be more than happy with him if Danny thought he was worth a pick.

Remember Acie Earl? The center the C's picked at #19 in 1993? Dan S. famously stated he knew they were in trouble when he saw his clownish (and slow) run on the first day of camp. But I don't think injuries actually ever slowed him down and between the NBA and overseas he had a decade-long career.

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2015, 11:03:36 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I would be leery about needing arch supports.   I have pes cavus, and it makes one prone to turning one ankles very easy.   A thorough physical is a must on him.

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2015, 11:11:20 AM »

Offline The Rondo Show

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Hook 'Em

Yup, when he got to UT they realized he was wearing shoes two sizes too big for him. He had an ankle injury in high school, but nothing real alarming.
DKC Suns

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2015, 12:16:06 PM »

Online moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441

Yup, when he got to UT they realized he was wearing shoes two sizes too big for him. He had an ankle injury in high school, but nothing real alarming.
I wonder if he had the wrong shoes because he couldn't afford to buy shoes that were the proper size.  If he just didn't realize that his shoes were huge on him, he can't be very bright.

« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2015, 12:24:30 PM »

Offline number_n9ne

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 126

I wonder if he had the wrong shoes because he couldn't afford to buy shoes that were the proper size.  If he just didn't realize that his shoes were huge on him, he can't be very bright.

Man that's such an over reaction. A 19 year old kid with giant feet who just went through a ridiculous growth spurt has the wrong size shoes because of an arch problem and now his IQ is under fire?  ???

« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2015, 12:29:57 PM »

Offline MikeJelly

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 24
Love it, take Turner. We're not winning anything soon, may as well develop a possible all star prospect. Swing for the fences!

« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2015, 12:53:49 PM »

Online moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441

Man that's such an over reaction. A 19 year old kid with giant feet who just went through a ridiculous growth spurt has the wrong size shoes because of an arch problem and now his IQ is under fire?  ???
Wrong size shoes because of an arch problem?  What does that mean?  Do you wear the wrong size pants because of a knee problem?

Edit: Well I guess I can see how a different size shoe could be more comfortable.